Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What music do you listen to?

Go down 
+6
Juha Bos
François Remmen
Richard Coxon
Pascal Mikula
Alberto Ibañez
Jonatan Acerclinth
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

What music do you listen to? Empty
PostSubject: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jul 2019 - 22:24

It would be interesting to know what kind of music interests our community members, I think.

So I'll start off with a couple of goldies from my point of view:

Give me shelter - Performed by the members of "Playing for Change", a global movement for music to improve the world.

2 4 6 8 Motorway - Tom Robinson Band. My father had this on an old LP (one of those very old big discs).

God save the Queen - Sex pistols. As a self-pronounced Punk-Rocker at heart I couldn't resist including this one, forgive me british friends.

Heathens - Covered by Halestorm. A recent addition to my music library but they're damn good.

The grey - Icon for Hire. A Canadian band with a Swedish born singer, what's not to love about that. This is one of my favourite songs by them, they've got both more rap-esque and rock-esque songs in their arsenal.

I'm about to break you - New Year's Day. Another new band in my library but again, it's one of my current favourites. Ashley's voice combined with the rest of the bands instrumentalism really works well...

Håll höjd - Lastkaj 14 (Richard C, stay away from this one Twisted Evil ). I'll end off with one of my favourite Swedish bands, Lastkaj 14. Some of their members played in the band Skumdum who made an effort outside of Sweden. A modern punk-rock band that started after it was said punk-rock is dead, like hell it is...

Enjoy and I look forward to seeing/listening to what others here listen to as well :drink:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jul 2019 - 22:43

We have another thread about favorite music, but since you love punk I thought I would post here some classic spanish punk for you: 

I don't think the lyrics can be accurately translated, which is a shame (Or maybe not Twisted Evil ) but the title goes like "I am a thug I am tacky and I go full speed on the road"  lol!

And this one which is a classic, one of the most fun spanish songs called "I'll dance over your grave"  Laughing and the whole song is just a series of different ways to kill someone ...

Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jul 2019 - 22:45

I tried to find a thread but searching for it gave nothing so apologies if it is easy to find :doh:

I could sort of tell by how the first one started that it was something like that hehe.

I think that, in parts, "Bailare sobre..." has been covered/had parts of the music line used in other projects, I seem to recognise part of it from another song since I suspect it has never been played in Sweden.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jul 2019 - 23:03

I personally prefer rock'n'roll and metal, that sort of stuff. I used to be madly into stuff like Mötley Crüe, Ratt, stuff like that, but now I mostly listen to things like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Girlschool. Sometimes even some 80s techno stuff lands in my playlists.

Jonatan, since you posted "God Save The Queen", here's my take on it, the cover by Motörhead:

Given my personal trouble, especially with my parents and therefore also a certain...you can call it anger and frustration, this is also something I often listen to, especially when I vent lol!

But then again.. how about that good ol' scary music? If theaters make money from movies that scare people, why not write music that scares people, too?

And don't even start me up about modern music...eugh. :hello:
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jul 2019 - 6:26

80's music generally. Favourite band has got to be Queen, I'll admit though I'm only a recent fan as I've never really listened to them before, I knew of them but never paid attention but now I'm hooked. Never has one person's voice Impressed me so much. Favourite song of their's at the moment has got to be One Vision. Love the Guitar work in it.

No other real bands or singers that I love 99% of the songs they have done, mainly just the odd song by certain artists, Duel by Propoganda, Modern Love by Bowie are 2 that spring to mind.

Last edited by Richard Coxon on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 12:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jul 2019 - 12:19

Judas is certainly a pretty interesting band to listen to Pascal.

I'd suggest you give New Year's Day a chance if you want to chant along, they've got a few good ones for that mate :drink:

Queen is certainly a given one if you like 80's music Richard. I first heard them in 1998 when a friend of mines dad played one of their albums when I was over after school. Since then I've enjoyed occasional flurries of listening to their songs, I suppose is... I don't even know the title for sure at the moment but I think it's called "Killer Queen" or something like that.

A band that has been influenced by Queen is My Chemical Romance, so if you want, give them a chance, especially "Welcome to the Black Parade" where you really can hear that influence mate :drink:
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jul 2019 - 12:48

Didn't fancy to share this one ..
only 1 band that guide me through life !

Queen is like a magic box , every new record you bought you never knew whats in it or jumping out, but it's always full of surprises!
its my life line , when it hits your bullseye your hooked, unbeatable , best live band ,unreachable and very powerfull.
A frontman like this, a hughes magnet..     Everybody else can piss off! :D

Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jul 2019 - 13:56

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
I tried to find a thread but searching for it gave nothing so apologies if it is easy to find :doh:

Here it is:
http://historicsimracing.123.st/t1655-coups-de-coeur-musicaux

The first CD I ever bought was one by Queen. Years later their entire discography is always with me on my phone. I prefer their mid 80s music over their 70s releases, although their first album was very good. When the Bohemian Rhapsody movie was released, I spent quite a few euros on cinema tickets to hear their music in theatres with the best sound available.

The first song that stuck with me was A Kind of Magic. Colin McRae had just won the 1994 RAC Rally, and Top Gear Rally Report showed slow-mo images of him with Queen in the background. Quite a nice reference since the song was also played during the closing credits of Highlander, and McRae was obviously Scottish, although I wasn't aware of the movie's existence at that point.

Richard Coxon wrote:
No other real bands or singers that I love 99% of the songs they have done, mainly just the odd song by certain artists, Duel by Propoganda, Modern Love by Bowie are 2 that spring to mind.

Duel was on the other end of the aforementioned Rally Report (although remixed with Jewel). Can't get the tune out of my head since. :rigol:

My musical preferences are mostly 80s based. I couldn't even begin to list it all, but The Cure, Pink Floyd, U2, Dire Straits, Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys (that stands out a bit from the rest), REM and The Stranglers make regular appearances in my CD rack. There's some older stuff too, like CCR. New Wave one (or two) hit wonders are among my preferences too.

More recent material in my collection includes Moby (I'd say 18 is one of my favourite CD's), The Killers (although I wasn't really into their last album), The War on Drugs, Arcade Fire, ...

I really like this from Arcade Fire:

There's some Belgian music in it too. Next week I'm going to see Arsenal (the band, not the football team). Their music is mainly electronic, but includes other genres which works really well.

And Eden, by Hooverphonic:

Other than that, I can enjoy listening to Fkemish music from the 80s, but it wouldn't be much use sharing them as you wouldn't understand the lyrics, which is probably the most essential part of those songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:54

Just to add to what I listen to, since it seems you think I "only" enjoy Punk-Rock (though it is my favourite genre...):

Walking Blues - Playing for Change. Another one that they put out recently, not listened that much to blues but if I find musicians or groups that sound anything like this I think I'll add a few more Blues albums to my library.

The sun died - Ray Charles (1968 live). Probably my favourite performance by the late great Ray Charles. A cover of a french song I believe.

A bit of belting everyone? The original way to belt out lyrics, done by Little Richard performing Lucille. I enjoy the whole thing, Richards' lyrics, the general "schwung" of the song and who doesn't love a well played Saxophone solo Smile

Veronica - Cornelis Vreeswijk. Originally from the Netherlands, he arrived in Sweden at the age of 9, I believe, not sure about the exact age, and was later expelled from school because he didn't use Swedish well enough. Make it 20 years later and I believe that school will have been kicking themselves as Cornelis became one of the best known ballad singers ever, often likened to Bellman who lived during the 1700's. He also translated and performed some of this songs in Dutch so to those of our mambers who know the language, I'm including the Dutch version as well.

Swedish version

Dutch version

But to but it blandly, I'll listen to pretty much anything to some extent except Ophera (as a humor group once put it "It's not easy to sing, when you need to scream like a pig all the time") nor death/scream metal, I like to hear the lyrics hehe.
Back to top Go down
Michael Griffiths
Club Driver
Michael Griffiths

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2018-11-17

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jul 2019 - 19:56

I used to love rock music but then the 80s synth stuff and the 90s.....so now I like old dance music.  :D

Nobody is going to listen, I suppose, but right now I had this on (2011 - jeez, even this is nearly a decade old!):

Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jul 2019 - 22:44

I've always been a fan of Toby Jepson's music, this is from his latest band Wayward Sons.

Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeMon 5 Aug 2019 - 22:57

Just leaving this here... Don't mind me Smile

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2019 - 17:15

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2019 - 12:27

ofcourse not only Queen
to balance it and relax its progressive house , to keep the summer whole year in the head :D

Shane collins

Madis

freaking awesome!
80s Miami Vice

Hans Zimmer remixes
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 19:32

Don't ask; just listen. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What music do you listen to?   What music do you listen to? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What music do you listen to?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Paddock-
Jump to: