1973 B.R.S.C.C John Player British F3 Championship
For this championship we will be using the 1973 Formula 3
mod + Update V1.01
for Automobilista.Car Selection
Car Selection will be first-come, first serve, and opens on Monday the 10th of June, at 20:00 Paris Time
When asking for a car, you can list multiple choices as in the CART series (Specific car, make, or team).
Car selection is not
free, fast drivers are not allowed any car with a Novamotor
engine. If you are not sure if you fall into this category, please PM an admin.
Each driver must keep the same car for the duration of the championship. Changing of car will be tolerated under exceptional circumstances only.
If a driver misses 2 meetings (4 Races) without mentioning his/her absence, he/she will lose the car.
If a driver misses 3 meetings (6 Races), even when stating his/her absence, he/she will lose the car.
Absence or presence from/to a race must be declared no later than 24 hours before official practice start.
When a car becomes free for the remainder of the championship, it will be made into a One-Off entry on a 1st come, 1st serve basis as per usual when the Event Thread is posted.
When the event is over the car will be made available in the Sign-Up thread on a 1st come, 1st serve basis for anyone to ask for.Championship rules
The championship will be run over 7 meetings (14 races), held on a Sunday night, with each race being between 20 and 40 minutes long.
Drivers are limited to 4 sets of tyres per race (8 sets per meeting)
Points will be awarded to the top 10 finishers in both championships on the following scale:
The last race at Brands Hatch GP will be a double points scoring race.
Only one championship will be up for grabs and that is the Drivers Championship.Qualifying
The starting grid for the 2 races will be determined by the times recorded during the 20-mins qualifying session held just before the race.
The grid for the second race will be determined by the results of the 2nd qualifying session (Held after race 1).Event Schedule
All meetings will be held on Sunday nights (all times given as Paris time).
20h00 - Practice
20h40 - Qualifying (20 minutes)
21h00 - Warmup
21h10 - Race 1
21h40 - Practice
21h50 - Qualifying (20 minutes)
22h10 - Warmup
22h15 - Race 2
Times may vary slightly depending on race length
Starts will be given standing on the grid, after one formation lap.Behaviour on track
- As for all HSO races, it is required you use your real name both in-game and on the forum. Thank you.
- Chatting is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN in race session. It is allowed in qualifying sessions for technical issues only.
- Drive Through : If a driver has to do a drive through, even if there is no pit lane speed limit, he has to drive through the pitlane at 100km/h max (60mph). If he doesn't respect this, he will get a 30s penalty at the end of the race.
- Shortcuts : If a driver gains a position after shortcutting a turn, he is required to give it back as soon as possible. In the case where a driver would not do it rapidly, a 30-second penalty will be added to his total race time. In the event of abusive and intentional shortcutting, severe sanctions will be applied (up to definitive a ban from the league). To make sure you never shortcut a turn, try to always keep two wheels on the track.
- Respect the red light at the end of the pitlane.
Application and Interpretation of the Regulations
The admins alone are qualified to solve any problems raised by the application and the interpretation of the present regulations.