Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]

Go down 
+29
Raul Jereb
Jan Prusa
Alberto Ibañez
Cezariusz Czlapinski
François Remmen
John Cook
Brian Janik
Dave Miller
Yves Plaçais
Jacob Fredriksson
Adam Hackman
David Jaques
Steve Parker
Petr Hlavac
Bruno Chacon
Thiago Canola
John Thim
Gérard Ryon
Alberto Iquino
Mick Chapman
Timo Vermeersch
Raymond Riddall
Pascal Mikula
David Sabre
Jason Whited
Grant Riddall
Lukáš Vydra
Jan Kowalski
Juha Bos
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Apr 2019 - 21:41

Results, replay and points are posted on the website.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Apr 2019 - 21:48

The new David Jaques theme song  Laughing

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Apr 2019 - 21:50

Finally, my first HSO race with all of that:
1) Decent pace :conduit:
2) No mistake from my side :chinois:
3) No bad luck :papy:

It's also nice to finally starting and finishing in the middle of field than in the back. It feels like win to be honest :first:
Back to top Go down
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Club Driver
Cezariusz Czlapinski

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Apr 2019 - 22:36

Thanks to Yves and Alberto for good fights  :clap: .
At the closing stages of the race, I stopped looking at the engine °C, so I cooked it pretty nice with just 2 laps to go  :hihi:

Anyway I wonder if I run close behind a car for a couple of laps, can it affect airflow over the radiator getting the engine temp. up ?
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Apr 2019 - 8:46

The results table Smile
Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 VZmZ
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Apr 2019 - 11:40

Good race last night, a lot harder than what I was expecting phsysically, I was drained after the race.

Thiago and Jaques were not far behind so no mistakes could be made! Not sure what Gerard was doing on the last lap but I found it unnecessary.

Be interesting to know what grill tape people were running. I was using 30% and had no issues with overheating. I generally think 40%-50% could have been possible

Nice Broadcast Jason and Alberto :top:

P.s I join the grid late to calm my own nerves before racing :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Apr 2019 - 11:53

Grant Riddall wrote:
Be interesting to know what grill tape people were running. I was using 30% and had no issues with overheating. I generally think 40%-50% could have been possible
I was using 0% just in case, because I was quite worried about 3-4 seconds in high revs before Bosch turn every lap. After lot of DNFs, I wanted to finish Smile
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Apr 2019 - 16:40

Grant Riddall wrote:
Not sure what Gerard was doing on the last lap but I found it unnecessary.
Sorry Grant. I was frustrated from the start, caught in the collision. I wanted to finish the complete race. We'll have seen me on the video ,with you when we got to the finish line.:flag: Smile
Congratulations to the podium and the live broadcast. :top:
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Apr 2019 - 17:05

Had a lot of fun!! Had a bad start, didn't engage clutch properly from 1st to 2nd gear losing momentum. Lacina almost got me but he was conservative in turn 1. It was fun to follow Jaques!! For some reason he let me pass maybe it wasn't fun to be followed. After lap 18 I started to miss clutch syncronism due my fatigue which allowed Jaques to try a move and it was amazing to go side by side in that kinq.! After that I just maintained the distance until the checkered flag.

Love to drive this cars!!! Could be a little less forgiven but never mind. cheers

Congratulations Grant and Jaques!!

Thank you hso for the chance to drive and also the great broadcast.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Apr 2019 - 15:10

Well, I thought I had some pace and a decent chance at a top 5 or so, but it was not to be.
Got caught up behind Brian as he bogged heavily on the start. Cars all in the middle of track, so I went track right but ran out of room, had to back out. Watched half the field go by in the first corner, only to come out of the chicane behind Brian and Steve as they had issues.

Sorry, for collecting you after you started to spin, Steve. Simply had nowhere to go and could not stop quick enough. Flatspotted the hell out of the tires, some damage that made the car a pig, but I pressed on.

...well, I pressed on for a few laps (like 9 or so)...trying to play catch up and get by slower cars in a hurry in a car that was understeering like crazy...didn't work out for long and I ended up flatspotting even worse when trying to overtake into the chicane. Couldn't drive a jackhammer, so off to the pits for some tires.

Are tire changes not allowed in this series?
The HUD showed I was changing...I go in pit and it shows 9 seconds to change and that tires are being changed.
I leave pit and the flatspots are still there, I'm on the same tires? :smil20:

Escape and game over. Severe flatspotting, understandable. Failure of the crew to actually change the tires when they reported it was done, yet didn't.... Rage
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Apr 2019 - 21:06

Jason Whited wrote:

Are tire changes not allowed in this series?
The HUD showed I was changing...I go in pit and it shows 9 seconds to change and that tires are being changed.
I leave pit and the flatspots are still there, I'm on the same tires? :smil20:

Just because we almost never change tires in this championship it doesn't mean you don't have to pay you crew Jason. I heard that they were at the bar drinking and laughing seeing your situation.:drink: :drink:
:champ:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2019 - 12:21

Seconds from disaster :D
Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 GB8c
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2019 - 13:35

Thiago Canola wrote:
Just because we almost never change tires in this championship it doesn't mean you don't have to pay you crew Jason. I heard that they were at the bar drinking and laughing seeing your situation.:drink: :drink:
:champ:

Some beatings have occurred, and I've been assured this sort of foolishness will never happen again Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 1623587389
...."pay them"....psssst, they should have read what they signed up for :regl:

:rigol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]    Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - XVIII Grosser Preis von Österreich [Apr 7th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3