Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]

Go down 
+27
Thiago Canola
Richard Coxon
David Jundt
Bruno Chacon
Yves Plaçais
Raul Jereb
Petr Hlavac
Gérard Ryon
Pascal Mikula
John Thim
Adam Hackman
Rob Swindells
David Jaques
Mick Chapman
Jason Fitch
Raymond Riddall
Jason Whited
Richard Wilks
Jacob Fredriksson
Alberto Ibañez
Grant Riddall
Austin Johnson
Michael Griffiths
Jason White
David Sabre
Lukáš Vydra
Juha Bos
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 20:26

i would like to jump in for raul
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 20:29

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

If Dave, Timo or anyone else wants to try their hand at Color commentary a-gain/new, then please get in touch or be around at 20:15-20:30 and we'll try to sort something out.

Hi Jonatan, I'm not gonna be able to make it tonight. Hitting a busy stroke at work and so on lately.

I hope to be able of jumping for other races in the near future, if that's ok with you at least.

Cheers,

Timo
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 20:33

Go for it Jan

but please be safe, get a setup from someone.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 21:48

Can't say I'm sorry to be out of this one. My car was pushing like mad as soon as the tires were warm, and no amount of in-car adjustments would cure it. The car was immensely frustrating to drive.  Mad   Misjudged closure rate on a restart and had to swerve to avoid David Jundt. Lost the rear wing and spun into the wall, thankfully not taking anyone with me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 22:24

Sorry Jason, but that restart was a mess. I only heard Alberto didn't go right away, and everyone bunched up behind him.

As for my end of the race(funny how I somehow got the gearing mildly together from Rob's set to lap decently with my car, even though I re-adjusted it moments before the race started as I was eating dinner):

Sorry that I am angry, but with 3 laps down and several times warping in and out, I don't understand how people can back such unpredictability.

I had to slow right before the green came back out since the car disappeared, then caught back up near T1 where I got ready to lap. Same thing happened, car warped back and killed me.

Sorry, but I think you might need to drop to the back with these things happening. I and neither anybody else can judge where to go...

I know you don't mean it, but it's still an issue. People will retire because of it. Other leagues tell people to park in the pits and fix it or retire, sorry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 23:02

Quote :
I only heard Alberto didn't go right away, and everyone bunched up behind him.

The game said I was accelerating too early, sorry I just intended the opposite i.e. not bunching people behind me.  Neutral

As for the rest, pitted early so as to be sure to do the race in two stops and everything went to plan except that we had an unacceptable amount of yellows early on  Evil or Very Mad and then when I needed one, the only real clean stint of the race  Mad :doh: so I had to pit under green  :doh: :doh: :doh: Still, I though at least some of the top guys had to pit but was surprised when they didn't. Guess with so many yellows they were able to stretch their tanks a lot. 

Sad, because the car felt great in race trim. Anyways, last time out was 7th now 5th, so i keep improving. On to Portland, where the field will be much thinner after we apply the penalties Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 1623587389 .
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 23:04

Yeeeeeeeeeeees! My first HSO championship point!

Anyway, I was terribly slow all race, just was lucky to didn't made any mistake (such a achievement for me). Hope anybody didn't had any problem with passing me, I tried to made it as clean as possible.
Back to top Go down
Rob Swindells
Club Driver

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 23:22

I was poisoned by an Irishman called St. Patrick last night, so I was pretty unwell all day. drunken

Just circulated as best I could, my heart wasn't in fighting for anything. Happy to finish in the top 10 again, with a satisfying 7th. Well done David for a fine victory!

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 23:35

Results are up :flag:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 23:38

After watching the youtube video to see what happened I apologise to Gerard Ryon for drifting up the track into him Embarassed , sorry. I really didn't think that I had drifted up the track, maybe it was some lag, I don't know. scratch

Qualifying was bad and I started towards the back of the midfield in 17th place.
In race setup the car was working well and I was able to up through the field and after some cars had stopped for fuel I was in 3rd place and able to keep up with Austin:shock: . Then whilst lapping cars drifted into Gerard, once again sorry Gerard. That was race over for me when the engine overheated during the repairs.

Thanks for the TV coverage. :top:
Back to top Go down
Michael Griffiths
Club Driver
Michael Griffiths

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2018-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 0:07

Congrats to DJ for winning! What a finish!

Big shame my net played up and caused warping which seems to have ruined David Jundt's race (and mine) circa lap 120. Very sorry about that Mr Jundt. SFAIK it hasn't happened before, but if it happens again I guess I should quit the race, hopefully before it seriously impacts anyone else. Anyway, very sorry about that.

Aside from that misfortune, good race all, thanks very much.
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 8:35

The results table. Unofficial Cups will be updated soon Smile
Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 AELx
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 10:14

I knew I'll be slow. I simply suck at setting up my car and I was clearly 0,5s off the pace of the other March chassis. The car was nice to drive, but I was simply too slow (probably too much downforce, I don't know). I was cruising around and hoping for the best. The most disappointong moment of the race came in the very last lap. I made a daring pass on Pascal for 8th, I was ahead of him even at the beginning of back stretch, but then he used his Porsche power and there was nothing I could do. A sitting duck. P9 with two laps down is nothing to be proud of. Let's hope I'll do better at Portland, as that track is one of my all time favorites since the "Indycar Racing by Papyrus" days.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 10:25

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Porsche power
Heh... Porsche what? 

My race was...eventful, to say the least.
Barely any practice because of school but a very nice and consistent setup with more help by David Jaques than I deserve helped me get some sort of grip in the race.
Had some nice "battling" with David Sabre until I spun coming out of T2. Brought out a yellow by accident because I had to back up so I could continue because I was stuck and couldn't turn.
Then, I ended up in P8, two laps down. Petr behind me, always very close. My car felt consistent, yet not very fast. Hence why Petr almost got P8 from me after the last yellow. But I'd say I rather blame the fact I tried my hardest to keep P8 in the last corner rather than my Porsche engine on the fact I retained P8 at the end. 

But well.. See you at Portland!
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 10:43

Great night last night!

Had a busy week so practise was limited to Sunday. Was pleased with my base setup and managed to put in a quick time of 22.9 in practise. Quali I have to say I was deflated after only managing a 23.3 which put me 9th.

Race wise I played it safe and just paced myself until the end. I was very much in the same strategy as Jaques in terms of fuel load and after a while decided to follow him through the race. At the end of the race I found myself with some amazing pace and was slowly reeling in Richard but not enough. Finished 3rd after viewing that last lap... god it was good to watch!

The only problem I'd like to bring up is when pitting, although I understand it's hard sometimes, but can we at least try and park our cars as straight as possible? 3 times last night I had the guy ahead of me come in and park at such an angle I had to reverse and then go just to get out.

Oval racing to me is still unknown territory. I see them as damage limitation for myself this season and I need to play to my strengths so finishing 3rd here feels great to me!!

Well done to David for the win. Some seriously clever strategy play with that setup! Well done to Richard too! Great pace!

The broadcast was amazing so thank you Jonatan and Dave cheers

Last edited by Grant Riddall on Mon 18 Mar 2019 - 12:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 11:57

Petr Hlavac wrote:
I knew I'll be slow. I simply suck at setting up my car and I was clearly 0,5s off the pace of the other March chassis. The car was nice to drive, but I was simply too slow (probably too much downforce, I don't know). I was cruising around and hoping for the best. The most disappointong moment of the race came in the very last lap. I made a daring pass on Pascal for 8th, I was ahead of him even at the beginning of back stretch, but then he used his Porsche power and there was nothing I could do. A sitting duck. P9 with two laps down is nothing to be proud of. Let's hope I'll do better at Portland, as that track is one of my all time favorites since the "Indycar Racing by Papyrus" days.

I noticed you were downshifting, that is a big no no in these cars, you will lose too much time shifting, its not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 15:21

For those wanting to watch the broadcast back, it can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLMEYuX93dE

Thanks for the kind Words and thank you to Dave once again for joining me in the booth yesterday :drink:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 16:04

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Had some nice "battling" with David Sabre until I spun coming out of T2. Brought out a yellow by accident because I had to back up so I could continue because I was stuck and couldn't turn.
I enjoyed that little battle :top: and some others whilst making my way through the field. The Porsche is no match for the Chevy engine.
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 16:20

Well, I managed a Top 10. I finished better than I started, but it's very little consolation, as I'm sure my car was a Top 5 contender. I started the race with only a Half tank of fuel as I was expecting there to be at least a couple short runs initially(Boy was I right!), and the light load would allow me to be faster. Unfortunately, I was mired in traffic, and I was trying to take it easy early on, so the traffic combined with a bit of conservatism when it came to passing people meant, I didn't really go anywhere. I had a moment(as was mentioned and then shown on the broadcast) when dealing with some slower traffic. I managed to lose all my momentum and fell back into the clutches of a bigger wad of cars. This led to another smaller moment, before I was able to get out of that mess and try to work my way forward. That was until I caught up to Rob?, We went into 3 and he slowed wayyy down, I jumped out of it completely(big no no with these cars) and she went around. Lost 3 laps getting a new rear wing and decided to just make the best of it, the rest of the race reinforced my belief that I had a Top 5 car as I was faster then a lot of other cars. I figured if I could hold on till the end I could probably, at least score some points. Was a bit surprised by the Top 10, but I'll take and move on, I'll try to survive Portland and Looking forward to Indy.
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 17:56

David Sabre wrote:
I apologise to Gerard Ryon for drifting up the track into him Embarassed , sorry
:papy: Excuse accepted, forgiven fault.
Congratulations to the podium,and all the drivers who finish. :top:
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 19:00

Frustrating race for me, got a stop and go penalty and I don't know what for. I pitted under yellow, forgot about staying left of the tyres so pitstop cancelled, drive through the pits at same speed as cars on track, get a penalty as I exit, go figure.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 21:52

Well woke up with a 102 degree temperature and was throwing up before the race and felt like total crap... but I couldn't take the points hit so I knew I had to race. :aie:

Started off great got in the top 3 pretty fast and from there the car was picking up speed. I did something I normally never do and run a high rear wing and it worked! the car was great on long runs but all those damn cautions didnt help.

Late race made a last pit stop and somehow managed to lose about 6 sec to the leader's and of course took waay to much fuel again which gave the advantage to Grant.

It was great fun battling in the pack especially Alberto, Richard and David great racing you guys definitely have the stuff on the short tracks. :drink:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 22:26

Raymond Riddall wrote:
Frustrating race for me, got a stop and go penalty and I don't know what for. I pitted under yellow, forgot about staying left of the tyres so pitstop cancelled, drive through the pits at same speed as cars on track, get a penalty as I exit, go figure.

It looked as though you exited the pits behind me, but when you re entered you was in front of me. So the game thinks you’ve jumped a position and awards a stop and go. Same as what Alberto got one for at Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Mar 2019 - 0:08

Wow, what a finish.  Kinda hate the idea of only a 1 lap shootout, but it is what it is.  Always great racing with you richard, we seem to be able to race close while leaving enough room to keep it clean.  Side by side for the entire last lap, and a gap of only 0.006, I doubt I'll ever be in as exciting and close of a finish.  Whats the closest finish in HSO history?

as for the rest of the race, i was mostly focused about making it closer to the end where hopefully i would be in a position to push a bit for the finish.  during practice i took the gamble of setting my car up more for a long run, with the way the race started with the multiple cautions i was seriously questioning my decision.  on that topic, we had 12 cautions, 11 in the first 121 laps, that's only an average of 11 laps per green period.  i know we have a lot of good drivers here, and sure $%^* will happen, and there will always be cautions, but we need to strive to do better as a group.  the cars are top level, high powered race cars, and are going to provide a certain level of a driving challenge, thats for sure, but in real life 1988 they would usually only have a handful of cautions during a race, it would be nice to try to replicate history as much as possible.  hopefully everyone is taking full advantage of their in car roll bar adjustments if they are struggling with the stability of their car.

it was certainly lucky for me that we got the long green at the end of the race, really let my car shine.  at the end when we got the final caution i was hoping for it to be over.  when the message came up, going green next time by when were on lap 199 there were some choice words emanating from my computer room ;P  coxon was going to be strong on the restart and i really needed a couple laps to get my car warmed up.  richard drove the hell out of it thru 1-2 and got a great run down the backstraight, and was kind enough to not pinch me into 3 and i drove the final turn of my life, it was certainly my best of the race and somehow didn't break loose on exit even though i had her pinned early.  richard got the better exit, but the line came up a couple feet too soon.

looking forward to the next one!
dave

Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 2019_h10
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Mar 2019 - 0:13

Great 6th place!!!

Something funny happened when I was in 5th or 6th and the yellow came. The game told me to place my car behind 16th place!!! Have no idea what happened!! Sad Really strange....
Keeping 100km/h in the pitlane and put more fuel that needed in the last pitstop on green cost me precious time, mistakes that put me a lap down in the end... Merit to the drivers who nailed it, Jaques very deserved victory finally, Richard always there on the top and Grant understanding more and more the ovals.

It feels good to survive this one. See you next race!!

Awesome broadcast!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]    Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]   - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Miller High Life 200 [Mar 17th]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next