Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]

Go down 
+30
Rhys Gardiner
John Thim
Gérard Ryon
Mick Chapman
Raymond Riddall
Martin Lacina
Adam Hackman
Raul Jereb
Timo Vermeersch
Yves Plaçais
Brian Janik
Richard Wilks
Thiago Canola
Austin Johnson
Grant Riddall
David Sabre
Petr Hlavac
Jason Whited
David Jaques
David Jundt
Juha Bos
Alberto Iquino
Jason White
Jason Fitch
Rob Swindells
Pascal Mikula
Jan Kowalski
Richard Coxon
Lukáš Vydra
Alberto Ibañez
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Iquino
Club Driver
Alberto Iquino

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2018-04-25

Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2019 - 21:46

I'm pretty sorry of what happened, Jason. It wasn't my intention to destroy your car. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2019 - 22:15

Alberto Iquino wrote:
I'm pretty sorry of what happened, Jason. It wasn't my intention to destroy your car. Embarassed

Just take it as a lesson learned, and let's move on.
On these narrow street courses like this, with many cars at the start of races, it is to be expected that we might even have to nearly stop to filter through some areas until we are more spread and settled. We should be prepared to back off far earlier than normal. In the opening lap to green, at the rear of the field like that, we shouldn't even really be full throttle as we know there will be accordion effect at T1, and then again for numerous corners. The race is 95 laps long, overtaking a single car or two (especially from the approach to T1 you had) is not really going to happen without troubles.

If it was one of the seasoned drivers here, I'd probably be more upset. As it stands, it's quite hard to be too awfully mad about it. lol
But we all must learn, and things happen.

On to the next one, and a chance at redemption (or in my case, finishing a stinkin' race. HA!)
See ya around, and thanks for the quick apology. I know it wasn't intentional. :hello:
Back to top Go down
John Thim
Club Driver
John Thim

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2019 - 23:02

Disconnected.
Not surprised happened yesterday as well.

Those slow restarts bunched up the field to much and people got trapped with the sudden acceleration.

Sorry David if i cut you off. And I think Austin and I made contact.
I was staying low but somehow we tangled. :smil20:

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thimbro23
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2019 - 23:08

My front was in the air, I nearly flipped over due to the contact.

Never do that again please.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2019 - 23:22

After being hit up the arse, by a red car, my race was just about over, I was just hoping for a point or two. Then the monitor goes into stand-by :doh: its never done that before, I go straight on riping off my suspension and right front wheel.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2019 - 23:43

Massive PC freeze put me into the wall and that was that.

I drove a damaged car the whole race due to someone being way too optimistic on the restart.

People trying to pass on restarts should really cool off...
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2019 - 23:49

Great race!
I did well, respecting my limits and trying not to disturb who was putting me back to advantage. All was well until someone hit me in the back in the straight of the box. That cost me 269 seconds repairing the car.
I want to thank Pascal Mikula for sending me an excellent race setup. The car remained stable throughout the race, even with the repairs done.
In the end, the 12th place was a good result for those who had contact with the car and the only track in the qualifying.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2019 - 23:50

Lukáš Vydra wrote:
Raul spun in front of me, I had nowhere to go ... lost front right wheel, so ... that's it.

Well, somebody SPUN ME!!! on the straight!!!!
:doh: :doh: :doh:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2019 - 0:17

Provisional results, points and server replay are on the website.

For complaints, as always: PM an admin with a brief summary of the incident and the timestamp from the server replay at which point it occurred.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2019 - 3:23

Bad judgement late in race, pitted when I really didnt need to, under green, way overfueled car, and lost a lot of track position.
Once going a lap down, I was screwd.
With the leader between myself and the guys I was trying to catch, the next full caution brought them around to show me blue flags.
I fought while trying to think of any solution to unlapping myself, but finally realized I was totally trapped and there was nothing to gain.
Never paid much attention to Indycars, guess it caught me a out a little. Live n learn
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2019 - 8:07

Woww. What a race guys!! Really fantastic. I didn't imagine that i could win on this track against the rocket trio Grant, David and Thiago. I didn't prepare a lot the strategy for this race. All was improvize so when Grant,Thiago and David went into pit during yellow i tried stay on track the same as David Jundt. My first pit was in the middle of the race and it was also my last. I enjoyed a lot the battle with David Jacques whose was patiently tried to attack me on the straight but i could keep the inside line to save my possition which was the most considerable for the result of the race. Very sorry to David Jundt who i hitted to his back on the end of East side straight. I missed a bit the braking point. :doh:
Thanks brodcasting team for enjoyable commentary!
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2019 - 8:16

The results table
Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 DIpj
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2019 - 14:44

Martin Lacina wrote:
Woww. What a race guys!! Really fantastic. I didn't imagine that i could win on this track against the rocket trio Grant, David and Thiago. I didn't prepare a lot the strategy for this race. All was improvize so when Grant,Thiago and David went into pit during yellow i tried stay on track the same as David Jundt. My first pit was in the middle of the race and it was also my last. I enjoyed a lot the battle with David Jacques whose was patiently tried to attack me on the straight but i could keep the inside line to save my possition which was the most considerable for the result of the race. Very sorry to David Jundt who i hitted to his back on the end of East side straight. I missed a bit the braking point. :doh:
Thanks brodcasting team for enjoyable commentary!

Fantastic race Martin!!!!! Well deserved victory!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2019 - 17:34

I came into the race just wanting to survive. Plus, I knew if I managed to just finish, I would score some points.

At the start I was a bit aggressive...but I tend to be like that...Had a front row seat to both cautions that kicked off the race. But kept my cool and avoided the carnage. Once it went green I got into a a nice pace, had a half spin going into the Hotel complex, which the broadcast picked up. but no damage and all was good. My first, and really only big incident came sometime later. I was behind Ryon setting up a pass, with the Leaders coming up behind us, as I set to make the move, he basically stopped in the middle of the track. I hit him and pushed him into the wall. Luckily, for me, it didn't cause too much damage.

On Lap 70, Lacina, David, and Thiago caught me in a bad spot. I was setting up to let them all by after I'd gone through Turn 4, however Martin decided he had to pass me right now, and at possibly the worst possible point to to so, he dive bombed me and shoved me out of the way and damn near into the wall. Thankfully David didn't hit me, and I let him by, coming onto Seaside, I moved right to let Thiago have the Racing line, at the same moment he moved right as well. I immediately moved back left. Sorry for that Thiago, miscommunication, I did not mean to block you there.

I had another spin exiting the Hotel complex and at some point I missed my braking point at the end of Seaside and went straight and had to turn it around, but all was good. As the laps were winding down, I Was praying for a caution as I was in desperate need of tires, I was sliding all over the place. I knew if I pitted under green, Sabre would probably make it around and pass me, knocking me out of a Top 10. Thankfully, the caution came out, unfortunately, a miscommunication between myself and my crew chief(I could've swore the message said the pits were open to everyone) I pitted in a closed pit, and was rewarded with 4 fresh tires and a Drive-Thru. But by then I wasn't in any danger of losing a spot. Tried to just hold on for the finish and it was clear a lot of other guys were too, I passed a lot of people on the last 2 restarts, shame they weren't for position.

In the end, was happy to finish a race for a change(seriously, cannot remember the last time I did.), scored some points, and managed a Top 9 finish.

On to Milwaukee, where I plan to be up front fighting for a win.
Back to top Go down
Adam Hackman
Club Driver
Adam Hackman

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2019 - 18:14

What a race!

Special thanks to the admins as these cars at this track on Automobilista are an absolute treat! I didn't really care for this track (especially the Pine Avenue section) when we did it in rFactor, but I have really grown fond of it.

As for the race, I would like to extend my apologies to anyone who had the unfortunate experience of being behind me on any of the final restarts. I had been having some issues with my shifter earlier in practice (ancient ACT labs GPL shifter if anyone remembers) that I thought I had resolved, but it seemed to get progressively worse in the race. Great fun and lots of close battles. I remember a pretty good chain of 4 or 5 cars midrace.

Thanks to the broadcast team. Jason, the commercials were a nice touch. On to Milwaukee!

Back to top Go down
Alberto Iquino
Club Driver
Alberto Iquino

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2018-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2019 - 18:51

I'm sorry too to Richard, Rhys, and all the ones I hit in T1 in lap 5. Sorry
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2019 - 19:14

Jason Fitch wrote:

On Lap 70, Lacina, David, and Thiago caught me in a bad spot. I was setting up to let them all by after I'd gone through Turn 4, however Martin decided he had to pass me right now, and at possibly the worst possible point to to so, he dive bombed me and shoved me out of the way and damn near into the wall. Thankfully David didn't hit me, and I let him by,
Sorry Jason if i caused you some stressfull moments but from my side it looked like normal lapping. You kept me the inside line, you went on outside. The replay does't looks like "dive bombing" as you described. I was under the huge pressure from David so i acted immediatelly and you showed me the room.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2019 - 20:18

Exhiting to watch , well exept the track. pale Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 1623587389  . but man
those 2 comment guys
You all guys notice after Jason so called brake made him comeback like a comet!
yelling shouting all over the place, now the swearing and he will be James :D

you 2 are truly Murray and James , cant figger out who is who , more 2 walkers  :D  :D
but pls stick to this as long as we live , true legends in simracing!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

(Ps @ Brain Janik , check your Pm or Slack)
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2019 - 20:30

Yep, thanks for the broadcast. :top:
I watch it straight after my race was finished. Also it was great for it to be in HD. Smile
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2019 - 23:22

François Remmen wrote:

you 2 are truly Murray and James , cant figger out who is who , more 2 walkers  :D  :D
but pls stick to this as long as we live , true legends in simracing!
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

+1
all respect!
:chinois:
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2019 - 3:32

Very exciting race. Martin did the perfect race, pitted just before the yellow!!

Decent qualify, 0.009s behind Grant. Seem like the track became slower in the qualify closer to the end. Maybe it was just me.

My race strategy was to finish, not trying anything stupid in terms of strategy and not doing any mistake. I think I overprotected the equipment, wasn't reaching 11000rpm in the end of the straight. I would be really disappointed if I blow up the engine but I think I saved too much this time.
Ultra scary re-start around lap 34, some of us had pitted, I was in 8th place, Grand was side by side with me before the green flag, I lost momentum and was swallowed by 4 cars. One of them scratched my front wheel so I back off a little to be safe. They were 3 wide at the main straight, John and Austin tangled wheels and there went Austin directly to the wall. It almost collected me!

I dropped to 12th, had to make some overtakes until 5th place. Jaques was chasing Lacina who probably had old tires. I could close the gap and overtake him. Lacina pitted in lap 53 and the yellow came.

Well, after this you guys already know. Jaques fighting Lacina until the end. Grant making fast laps to catch us and the the last yellow came. Last lap!! Jaques lost momentum in the back straight, probably missed a gear shift, I saw his car coming in my direction and I had to go for it. It would be a tough braking but I had the turn.

Really unfortunate he touched my rear tire.  :doh:

Congrats Martin, just perfect defense and strategy (luck is part of the race).  
Also Grant, always fast!! I was waiting for your engine to blow but it didn't happen!  lol!

Thanks Jason and Alberto for the broadcast. The commercial brakes were hilarious.

See you next round!!
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2019 - 18:18

I had the same strategy as Lacina and was ahead of him but somehow managed to crash, bring out the SC and then have my engine basically blow up in the pits.

Still dunno how I managed to go too deep there.

Top 5 seemed possible...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Rob Swindells
Club Driver

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2019 - 21:03

I apologised to David Sabre privately but also wanted to acknowledge my mistake and apologise publicly. I only just saw on the replay how much contact we made, totally my fault and a bad judgement of the braking zone. Sorry, I will take greater care in future!

Rob
Back to top Go down
Rob Swindells
Club Driver

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Mar 2019 - 23:30

Here's how my Long Beach Grand Prix went...

Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Mar 2019 - 2:04

Rob Swindells wrote:
Here's how my Long Beach Grand Prix went...

great vid,:top:

only small mistake at table at end, Brian is Janik
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]   Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [Feb 17th]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next