Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]

Go down 
+26
Martin Lacina
Grant Riddall
Thiago Canola
Mark Craggs
Mick Chapman
Brian Janik
Jonatan Acerclinth
Petr Hlavac
Richard Wilks
Yves Plaçais
Dave Miller
David Jundt
Jason Fitch
Austin Johnson
Steve Parker
Bruno Chacon
Gérard Ryon
David Jaques
David Sabre
Raymond Riddall
Timo Vermeersch
Juha Bos
Jason Whited
Michal Janak
Pascal Mikula
Richard Coxon
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 20:48

You can use Paulo's McLaren if you want, it's go no wings, 60's style lol!
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 20:56

Richard Coxon wrote:
You can use Paulo's McLaren if you want, it's go no wings, 60's style lol!

I would like to kindly reject that offer lol!
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 21:55

That was short and sweet.
The lacked rear grip but in race trim on full tanks it was ok. I driving safely at the start and the car was moving forward through the field up to 3rd place. A big hit in the rear from Pascal when braking for the Parabolica after he nearly did it the lap before affraid . Then a couple of laps later I put a rear wheel on the grass at Curva Grande and the car turned right into the barriers. Race over.
It was fun while it lasted. :aie:
Thanks for the coverage and congratulations to whoever wins the race. :top:
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 22:01

:grrr: Stupide Hshifter G27,casse moteur. :bangry:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 22:10

I lasted 25 laps in the turbine death trap, until it finally bit me at Curva Grande. Glad I don't have to drive that again. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 22:43

Little bit of common knowledge: Use your damn mirrors! And don't cut in front of someone in the middle of a corner when they're already next to you!!  Evil or Very Mad

So yeah. That. And some of my everyday luck. Lap 48 or something, i dont even remember, nor do I care. Curva Grande. Did everything as usual. Had a flatspotted right front from locking up as I hit Sabre (Very sorry for that, I didn't expect you to brake that early and that much into Parabolica) and some suspension damage when another very certain Matra decided to cut across my right front when I was next to him in Vialone. 

So yeah. That's not what I meant when I said "There will be some close wheel-to-wheel fighting"
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 22:44

Great race everyone!  Anthems now

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 22:46

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Little bit of common knowledge: Use your damn mirrors! And don't cut in front of someone in the middle of a corner when they're already next to you!!  Evil or Very Mad

So yeah. That. And some of my everyday luck. Lap 48 or something, i dont even remember, nor do I care. Curva Grande. Did everything as usual. Had a flatspotted right front from locking up as I hit Sabre (Very sorry for that, I didn't expect you to brake that early and that much into Parabolica) and some suspension damage when another very certain Matra decided to cut across my right front when I was next to him in Vialone. 

So yeah. That's not what I meant when I said "There will be some close wheel-to-wheel fighting"

Calm down and watch the replay. You will see that you were neither the easiest car to be around in the race.

pig affraid pig
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 22:47

Unreal battle with both Riddals. Absolutely fantastic stuff. :top:

Grats to Bruno Chacon for the worst example of spoiling the last lap. Ever.

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Sun 11 Nov 2018 - 22:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 22:48

Would've liked to work with someone to slipstream with and run away, but I couldn't trust most people around me as they just did their own thing Rolling Eyes

In the end, braked a bit too late, spun and lost over half a minute in the gravel trap.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 22:49

People who have issues, review the replay first, and contact us if you still feel their was unfair driving and we will review the footage.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 22:49

Richard Coxon wrote:
People who have issues, review the replay first, and contact us if you still feel their was unfair driving and we will review the footage.

+1
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 23:06

Unfortunatelly after a several contacts with the wall i somehow losted the power and speed on the straight by 10km/h down. And the grip as well. I was suddenly 1s slower. Finally 5laps before finish i definitelly losted the engine. But the fights with the other guys in the first half of the race was great!! Many thanks at least for that.:-)
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 23:16

Incredible race!!

I didn't have a great pace but it was enough to have fun in the midfield. My start wasn't bad, Janak in the other hand missed all the gears I guess. Smile I got stuck behind his car and saw myself in a sandwich of cars before T1.

Dropped back to 18th in lap 1.
Very good fights early in the race with Timo, Steve, Chapman, Janik and Ray. Then Lacina and Peter showed up.
Zero mistakes so far, 6th place.

study Once upon a time a computer called Ocon. It likes to alt+tab itself to make my upset.....

yeap, it happened again!! I had luck by survive and no crashing anybody.
Now the car had damage and I was 8 seconds behind 6th place. :/

But I never give up!!! :aie:

Kept going, start to close on the happy trio who were dancing left and right on the straight, thank you very much for keeping fighting guys. Razz

So in last lap I had a shot to get 7th place from Ray. He defended very well indeed, beautiful undercut in turn 1. :clap:

The duo was lapping Chacon and lost momentum in the exit of the Lesmos, I got a better run and could pick the better line when watching from the back. Suddenly I saw myself getting a good draft over Peter's Mclaren I knew he would defend in the inside, but somehow I could fit my Surtees and get the advantage. cheers  

6th place, not bad after all.

Congratulations David, Yves and Richard!

See you guys on the 21st.

Last edited by Thiago Canola on Sun 11 Nov 2018 - 23:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 23:32

Results and points are up
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 23:39

again and again, can hear my engine at start (oponents at 6% only) and i tryed many times but gears didn work and i dropped from nice starting place to 18! then had many hard battles with slower cars but making things bad as they try hardly keep their positions , but when i go ahead i drive from them quckly, hardest one was Ray Riddall and David Jundt , some manoeovres wasn to safe but finaly i got to front, 1st time here a must battle hard for my places, and finaly wasn in position to give my place to faster driver,

man of the race is for me David Jaques who spent his time to hlep me sort my problems with setup of the red beauty. i was 1st time comfortable with car thru whole race, only issue was octagon tyres as i must brake hard when there were cars in spins in front but tyres was readable to the end (i dyd my best lap at final lap)
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 23:40

One more to add to my ever growing list of DNF's here. Mad
Stalling before the formation lap got me all screwed up. Then getting a better start than expected, panic set in when I realized I had jumped cars that were easily about to pace better than myself.

After only a couple laps, I made my way off in the final turn, heavily flat spotting a tire in the process. pig
Avoided being hung in that godforsaken sand trap :hihi: ....but the red mist had already overtaken me and as I continued on, now alone and with a lot of rattle in the wheel, all I could do was curse myself over and over.
Interesting, how easily the mistakes of others can be forgotten/forgiven, yet when I do it to myself I often struggle to "move on".... :grrr:

Spent 30 minutes or so driving around, working around a few for a few spots early into that, then gaining some attrition spots a bit later.
Finishing under power became the new goal.

Didn't take long for that to go away either...got lazy with a downshift, guess I didn't get in the clutch enough, suddenly I'm half way through Lesmo before I realize no gear is engaged. Tapped clutch, engaged gear, blocked wheels, lost rear wing with the ensuing meet up with the barrier. Kept moving :spy:
Went to pits, repaired wing, but the suspension damage was heavy, wheel cocked to 10oclock, forgot to change flatspotted tires anyways. Meh. Rage

Grats to Jacques on the win, and the rest of podium, and points finishers.

Thanks for the broadcast, Jonatan and Alberto. :chinois:

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 23:49

Jason White wrote:
Results and points are up

Thank you, and thank you to Jonatan and Alberto for the broadcast. It was great to have it back.

Well done to David Jaques, great job my friend :top:
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018 - 23:55

What an eventful race

I knew this would be damage limitations, the Tyrell has the upper hand here and for the championship purpose I was just focusing on finishing top 4 to gain some points.

Quailed 4th which I am extremely happy about as it was soooo close!

The race just felt like it was throwing anything it could at me and at times I admit I wondered if I was going to be able to finish this race. Had a couple of coming togethers with Pascal that ended with me crashing and spinning, carried on and basically throughout the whole race couldn’t understand why I was 1.3 seconds off my time. I had bad damage but not that bad.

Ended 5th only to find out I drove 50 laps without a front wing Shocked

Petr- absolute brilliant race, you was fair and pushing me to the limit Very Happy

However, Pascal, your a great driver, quick and I actually enjoy racing against you. But you NEED to stop using people as barriers. You NEED to understand when to make a move and NEED to know when to back out of one. Your so quick to judge other people but maybe taking a step back and reviewing your own races may just be beneficial to you. I’m not perfect by any means what so ever... but after recent races with you I’m literally starting to avoid you at all costs during the race.

Take this as you want, like I said I’m far from perfect... this is just my opinion.

Anyway, thank you all and thank you Jonathon for the broadcast, Jaques on the brilliant win, Yves for a great drive and Coxon for the recovery :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018 - 0:01

It will certainly be interesting come Mosport. I believe the Surtees will be better suited there due to the elevation changes.

I look forward to it :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018 - 0:04

Richard Coxon wrote:
It will certainly be interesting come Mosport. I believe the Surtees will be better suited there due to the elevation changes.

I look forward to it :yaa:

That’s what I’m hoping for Wink
Back to top Go down
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2018-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018 - 0:50

Thanks for excellent broadcast again Jonatan and Alberto.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018 - 1:38

richard really great racing with you, clean and fair as always.  it was looking like a back and forth slingshot battle to the line, then i go and lockup into paribolica with both of us going off.  so happy to see you make it back on the podium.  nice drive mate!

aside from the usual challenges of a f1 71 race, i had an extra one.  had an incident friday where my foot was caught under a heavy object.  luckily my doc was quick thinking, Dr. C. Berman got me some "duex duex duex's" before the race (thanks J.W. for the referral).  worked great for a while, about the time of the lockup into paribolica it was getting difficult to fully get off the throttle, making some of my braking less than consistent.

thanks for the broadcast jonatan, can't wait to watch!

home race next round, hope i can get to 100%, can't wait.

best,
dave

note the weight landed on the top of my foot, nothing in the pic was touched directly ;P
Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Plow_f11
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018 - 2:00

Not sure what happened with me, Was 3 seconds slower in Q then I had been all week. With the heavy track usage, I should've been faster then I had been. Formation lap the front of the field took off at near race pace, then the entire field all but came to a stop in Vialone and I slapped the barrier trying not to run into anyone. Damage was superficial, but it must've been enough. Overall the car handled great and my lap times were well above my Q times. I just didn't have any speed, only people I seemed to actually be straight up faster than were Jason White and Simon. I finally lost it in Parabolica and blew it up trying to get out of the sand trap.

Something odd was going on with my car as well. Especially in Parabolica, there was a line that I had to hit spot on or I wasn't making the turn. Yet I watched other guys over cook it into the same turn and just slide out a little and bring it back in, but if I was an inch to far left or right, it was over and I was going off, and it didn't matter what speed I was going.

Oh well, on to Mosport, maybe I'll actually finish or maybe put the car up in the field where ti should be, both have about the same chance of happening.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018 - 3:55

Pretty decent race, with some dicey fights with faster cars of Janak, and Parker early on. All good!!
Knew The Brabham wouldnt be very fast here, but disappointing that I couldnt get more speed out of it, especially in Qualy with heavy track use, seemed to just keep going slower, and left me clutching for straws in setup.

Tried to choose the most consistent stable thing I could for the race, worked for the most part. Overextended my Top Gear anticipating a lot of drafting down the straights but instead found myself unable to stick with cars around me until reeling in a slightly crippled Lacina late in race

Way to Soldier on D Jaques!  affraid One legged guy in an ass kicking contest comes out on top. Impressive.!!!!
...and Congrats to Sabre and the behind the scenes team, track came out great!

Last edited by Brian Janik on Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 6:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next