Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect

Go down 
+3
Alberto Ibañez
Juha Bos
Jeff Howard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeff Howard
Rookie
Jeff Howard

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-10-30

Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect  Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect    Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect  Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018 - 11:01

I'm merely dipping my toes into the water here, unsure as to how often I may be able to partake ... but with the closure of RaceConnect on the horizon, I had to think about my options.

Now I will admit ... historic racing is not exactly what I would call my forte (unless it's 90s Indy/F1).  For the last three years at RC, I partook in various modern champions, including but not limited to the WEC, Weathertech Sportscar Championship, and FIA GT.  I've always preferred light weight and nimble with lots of grip, something that I can dive into a corner and make stick, turning every race into a race of precision.  Prototypes and open wheel, essentially, with GT on the side.

That, however, does not mean that I've never taken part in a classic championship.  They can be fun, but they've never been held at the most convenient of dates for me.

Here is what else I've been up to, or at least "was" up to, at RaceConnect over the last 3 years, besides being a racer:

• Series organizer/host of last year's 1995 IndyCar World Series.
  • Series organizer/host of this year's Weathertech Sportscar Championship and FIA GT series (handed over mid-way through the year due to real life getting in the way).

In terms of my racing style, I'm not exactly a conservative driver.  I take pride in clean racing, yet can get very aggressive if the moment calls for it, making sure to give enough space (It's very rare that I ever make contact with anyone).  I'm simply a very rapid and on-my-toes sort of driver.

If I do try to get involved in some events here, I'll definitely be aiming for open wheel.  The higher the year, the better.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect    Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect  Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018 - 11:05

Welcome Jeff! :conduit:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect    Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect  Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018 - 11:26

Well Jeff, all I can say for now is ... stay tuned for the 2019 season announcement this month. I have the feeling you will be joining us next year full time :D

Welcome to HSO  :hello:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect    Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect  Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018 - 11:29

Welcome again, my old teammate and team boss :D
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect    Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect  Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018 - 11:53

Welcome Jeff :top:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect    Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect  Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018 - 12:07

Welcome Jeff. :hello:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect    Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect  Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018 - 13:03

And Mr. Howard too!?!

It's an RC convention at HSO :champ:

Long time, no see, Jeff. Good to see you here.
Looking forward to seeing where you stack up amongst this crew. :cowboy:

:hello:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect    Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the USA and RaceConnect
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Introductions-
Jump to: