Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Teretonga International

Go down 
+20
Thiago Canola
Karel Marciniszyn
Filippo Marazzi
Konstantin Zubov
John Thim
Oyvind Andersen
Raymond Riddall
Raul Jereb
Steve Parker
Matthias Weber
Pascal Mikula
Yves Plaçais
Dave Miller
David Sabre
Jan Kowalski
Bruno Chacon
Juha Bos
Michael Drechsler
Mick Chapman
Jonatan Acerclinth
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Oct 2018 - 20:57

Some problems with my steering wheel. Have to test tonight to confirm.

Last edited by Thiago Canola on Tue 9 Oct 2018 - 0:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Oct 2018 - 21:17

Thiago Canola wrote:
Some problems with my steering wheel. Have to tonight to confirm.
Hopefully you'll be able to solve it mate.

The Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 TCL85B8 #8 Jaguar XJS is free but remember that the limitation of the car is still in place.
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Oct 2018 - 10:50

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Oct 2018 - 19:04

How many chose and stopped in pit and switched tires in race 1?
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Oct 2018 - 19:05

From memory, 2 people did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jan Titz
Experienced Driver
Jan Titz

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Oct 2018 - 21:07

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
http://www.Racing-Association.de
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 0:24

cheers
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 8:19

Honza, Thiago and Brian left to confirm their drives for tonight.

There is also two other cars available for anyone interested.

Broadcast will be created and added to the thread this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 10:05

8 pilotes en 0"3, ça va être sympa !!! :banane:
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 11:11

Hello guys

I can't confirm my participation yet.  Sad There will be a meeting at work today and it's probable to be mandatory to attend.

I will not find out until practice.....

I think I have to put my car available then. I hope it is still there if I'm able to race! cheers

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 16:59

Broadcast has been created and can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jG4Kgn8-9k

Best of luck everyone and I hope you all enjoy this, in my view, splendid circuit :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 19:47

wont make it due to an hurting shoulder :urgence: have fun :flag:
Back to top Go down
John Thim
Club Driver
John Thim

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 21:24

That was embarrassing. My race setup was a total nightmare to my surprise!

Sry for ruining anybody else's race, unlapping Riddall, bad cornering, cutting of Chapman and others.
I was just trying to do my own race, buy I got caught in the middle of everything else going on. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thimbro23
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 21:36

Another bad start to a fun and eventful race!

Sabre's Mustang had trouble getting away from line I had to lift to avoid hitting him, and then got swallowed by at least 4 cars pale
Then turn 4? as going side by side with others someone went perpendicular to the track and I broadsided them and went into the grass backwards. :aie: I dropped to last with a sizeable gap to the tail of field...
Laps later I made some progress and came up on Juha and Bruno Chacon who were duking it out for many laps.
Then it was Bruno and I fighting which let Juha get away. I could reel Bruno in on back of track, but couldnt hang with that BMW on the straights. Things got tense, a little argy bargy and paint swapping, but Bruno was defending brilliantly I must say! :clap:  Ended up tapping him into a spin at the hairpin and slowed to let him back by.
...Which brought MDreschler upon us on the straight with a MASSIVE head of steam, I maybe foolishly tried to make my car as fat as possible moving toward the left and received a huge burst of acceleration up the bum and into the weeds from MD's speeding brick!!! Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 1623587389
Kept it off the wall, gathered my self, and drove it home where it's safe! Real happy to finish

Gratz JTz
See ya next time

Last edited by Brian Janik on Thu 11 Oct 2018 - 6:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 21:37

I survived it, and that's all I can say about this race. Since yesterday, I'm feeling a cold creeping in, and it didn't get better today. And a tennis ellbow. I had a decent race setup, Matthias sent me another one, which didn't at least feel bad at all. A lot stiffer than my approach, and lacking time sorting stuff out, I took his one. Start wasn't so bad at all, gave someone a little nudge in the last corner of the first lap, got as high as 9th, as some got off track, and I could keep Raul at distance. But disaster struck at lap 15, all of a sudden I lost the feeling for the car entering the second sector and soon lost a lot of time and position trying to regain control and rhythm. I found myself in 15th again, but could slowly get closer to Bruno and Brian, who had a battle of their own and happened to be in each others way. Once they had an incident and I was trying to take advantage of the situation, but realised to late Brian wasn't willing to let me pass that easily and locked the inside. I hit his left rear corner and send him off track. I'm truly sorry for that. Embarassed From there, I was unable to follow Brian, but Bruno dropped out a while later, and then Juha got in trouble and thankfully, I hadn't quit earlier, as that one still became a nice three-way battle, as John joined us and caught us both in the end. I hadn't realised he was in the same lap and thus direct competition. As said, I wasn't really fit. When John had passed us, I lost a bit the momentum and couldn't really set another attack on Juha.

Well, time for a post race tea and off to bed! Sleep
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 21:39

Brian Janik wrote:
[...]
...Which brought MDreschler upon us on the straight with a MASSIVE head of steam, I maybe foolishly tried to make my car as fat as possible moving toward the left and received a huge burst of acceleration up the bum and into the weeds from MD's speeding brick!!! Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 1623587389

Don't mess with Battleship #24! :aie:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 22:03

That was a fun race,first a big thanks to my team mate Yves who let me past so i could hunt the 5 cars in front of me,had a great battle with Grant for 3rd place,his tires were struggling and i was losing a second a lap trying to get past,but once i did get past i pulled away quickly and settled into a rhythm to take :third:
Grats to Jan and Matthias who must be the unluckiest 2nd place finisher :clap:
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 22:07

A question to the admins:

Can't we shorten the next races for one lap? drunken

Gratz Jan for the victory and staying on my back the whole race!

Tires were done at the end (very hards), don't exactly know what I did wrong in the last corner, but car suddenly went crazy. :doh:

Very clean racing at the beginning, looking forward to the next one. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 22:11

What a rush!
I was conservative at the beginning and stayed behind Juha for many laps trying to overtake. I was faster in the corners but Juha Holden was a rocket in the straight lines, not even a vacuum.
It was interesting and clean duels with Brian and Michael too. A pity my tires are over and I misjudged the fuel, because in the last few laps I had to manage this consumption and I had to settle for the 15th place.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 22:15

Steve Parker wrote:
That was a fun race,first a big thanks to my team mate Yves who let me past so i could hunt the 5 cars in front of me,had a great battle with Grant for 3rd place,his tires were struggling and i was losing a second a lap trying to get past,but once i did get past i pulled away quickly and settled into a rhythm to take :third:

Nice to see you on the podium, Steve! :champ:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 22:39

Hahaha...what a great run!

Got back from work just when qualify started, I don't know how I put that lap!! wow!

During the race, great start jumping to 1st but I couldn't defend in the straight, so started to lose position after position. Had the pace but got stuck behind heavy cars. Smile Dropped to 5th place.

Had great fights early with Thin (4th), made a run in the inside in T1. Than had a small of track losing 2 positions to Parker and Thin.

Recovered Thin's position (5th) and was studying Parker. I had another off track in T1 trying to overtake Marazzi, totally my fault. Got stuck in the gravel!! Embarassed Lost 19s and the possibility of a podium was out of reach then.
Who cares?? cheers So many cars around to fight!!! Coool!

Around lap 20...
I had Thin, again together with Raul. Thin overtook both of us in the straight, 3 wide! then me and Raul went for the undercut like in a synchronized swimming move, beautiful!! I was in the inside line but Raul made the track even narrower for me and I think we had a small contact.

Around lap 30...
Yves was ahead, I started to catch him and so the fight started. It was great!! Around lap 40 after sharing some door paint I made the overtake in a undercut move in T1.

Not too far was Sabre, I think he was already struggling with tire wear. Could easily catch him in the turns then I decided to take some unexpected lines trying to take him by surprise. It worked but it's not a match for the V8!!! scratch

We kept fighting and Yves closed the gap and we had a moment in the last turn. I broke after the WTF mark, the tail was getting loose and he helped me to spin!! lol! Thank you for waiting Yves! :top: Really a gentleman.

No excuses, it is what it is.....had a lot of fun and worked out a lot to make the passes.
I hope I didn't bother anybody by trying to fit my car in tight spaces, it is the only way I can race with this under-powered car.

Great Titz!!!!

Thank you guys!! Great race, great broadcast!

See you in 2 weeks.

*(sorry by coming back to track in last turn not in the safest way. My steering wheel broke and I have no switches at all to look to the sides!!!)
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2018 - 23:45

Matthias Weber wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:

Nice to see you on the podium, Steve! :champ:

Thanks Matthias :top:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2018 - 8:15

Thiago Canola wrote:

Around lap 20...
I had Thin, again together with Raul. Thin overtook both of us in the straight, 3 wide! then me and Raul went for the undercut like in a synchronized swimming move, beautiful!! I was in the inside line but Raul made the track even narrower for me and I think we had a small contact.

I want to appologise for that Thiago. But there is a very good excuse for that, which I will now bring up. I forgot after the last race, I was so bussy, I didnt even watched the replay (once again, my appologies to Oyvind, even though, after reviewing the incident(s) I disagree with interpretation of the situation and I realised why I havent reacted with appologies after the race).

So, there is a small bug in my car, with the mirrors. I see oposite images in side mirrors. In left mirror I see right side, and in right mirror I see left side. The real mirrors, not virtual ones.

And that is the reason why we touched Thiago, in the heat of the figure veneris in T1, I was just confused with your car in my right mirror, and I started to give you space... to the left. :doh:

Besides that, very nice race..
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2018 - 9:21

Steve Parker wrote:
That was a fun race,first a big thanks to my team mate Yves who let me past so i could hunt the 5 cars in front of me

Normal, Steve, you were much faster.
My gearbox ratios were too long!
I am very happy for you for your podium !
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2018 - 9:26

Thiago Canola wrote:
We kept fighting and Yves closed the gap and we had a moment in the last turn. I broke after the WTF mark, the tail was getting loose and he helped me to spin!!  lol! Thank you for waiting Yves! :top:  Really a gentleman.

Normal to give you back the place, Tiago, I didn't feel anything, but when I saw you leave like that, there was definitely a contact !

The Mustangs and Volvos colded us down in the straight line ! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Teretonga International   Round 2 - Teretonga International - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Teretonga International
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next