Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]

Go down 
+30
David Jaques
Dave Miller
François Remmen
Jonatan Acerclinth
Yves Plaçais
Guillaume Siebert
Gérard Ryon
Dana Schurer
Charlie Cone
Victor Montenegro
Brian Janik
Pascal Mikula
David Sabre
Alberto Iquino
Alan Forster2
David Jundt
John Thim
Mick Chapman
Adam Hackman
Bruno Chacon
Petr Hlavac
Jacob Fredriksson
Raymond Riddall
Greg DellaCella
Raul Jereb
Steve Parker
Jason Whited
Austin Johnson
Alberto Ibañez
Jason White
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018 - 3:58

Screenies up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1502
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018 - 4:21

Forgot to mention the racing lines were incredible. There were cars all over the place many different lines were possible, it was awesome to watch and be a part of.

Also  the pit speed was weird. I had a speed limit going in but not coming out? I understand why know as David mentioned already. So I was very confused on everyone passing me on pit road at full speed lol. I was to scared to get a Black Flag till the 3rd stop I said screw it and rocketed out the pits lol.

Rfactors Cautions are weird I feel like I never know what's going to happen. Seeing how I got placed in 2nd after a yellow for no apparent reason I got scared.
Yellows are a big part of Oval racing and I hope to keep them, its just a little wonky in Rfactor.  

Btw What a broadcast! You guy's are great announcers. :clap:

:frank: :frank:
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018 - 5:54

Austin Johnson wrote:
Rfactors Cautions are weird I feel like I never know what's going to happen. Seeing how I got placed in 2nd after a yellow for no apparent reason I got scared.

rfactor has its oddities, but in this case, at least from my point of view, your car disappeared for about 10-15 seconds. the disappearance started just before the caution came out, and you reappeared slightly after. guessing it missed a timing plane or something that it placed you behind me. i think its lucky that didnt happen near the start finish line, i've seen people loose laps when "long blinks" like that happen.

alberto, i get what you talk about the pace car, makes perfect sense. not sure i fully understand though, does that mean it would or wouldn't be possible to place the qualifiers in order, top in the pit stall at the START of pit road, going down the order getting closer to the END of pit road?

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018 - 5:58

David Jaques wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

rfactor has its oddities, but in this case, at least from my point of view, your car disappeared for about 10-15 seconds.  the disappearance started just before the caution came out, and you reappeared slightly after.  guessing it missed a timing plane or something that it placed you behind me.  i think its lucky that didnt happen near the start finish line, i've seen people loose laps when "long blinks" like that happen.

alberto, i get what you talk about the pace car, makes perfect sense.  not sure i fully understand though, does that mean it would or wouldn't be possible to place the qualifiers in order, top in the pit stall at the START of pit road, going down the order getting closer to the END of pit road?

best,
dave

You know I did notice something. That has never happend hmmm. Maybe its all the damn kids on the Wi-Fi :grrr: lol!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018 - 8:21

Quote :
rfactor has its oddities, but in this case, at least from my point of view, your car disappeared for about 10-15 seconds. the disappearance started just before the caution came out, and you reappeared slightly after. guessing it missed a timing plane or something that it placed you behind me. i think its lucky that didnt happen near the start finish line, i've seen people loose laps when "long blinks" like that happen.

If there is lag exactly at the point you cross one of the sectors, the game gets confused about your track position as it has registered a different car crossing it in front of you and asumes you lost your position. It will then order you to follow that car.

Quote :
alberto, i get what you talk about the pace car, makes perfect sense. not sure i fully understand though, does that mean it would or wouldn't be possible to place the qualifiers in order, top in the pit stall at the START of pit road, going down the order getting closer to the END of pit road?

Yes you can do that, pit stalls can be assigned in qualifying order so pole is pit stall number one. For that stall to be the first when you enter the pit lane you have however to set it that way in the track AI, and then suffer the problem of the SC braking all of a sudden as it enters the pits, because it uses that pit stall #1 as reference to stop.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Sep 2018 - 10:45

I had a good first stint running in the top 10,then the troubles started at first pit stop,just entering my box when Austins pit crew gave him an unsafe release as they say in F1 lol! his car touched the rear of mine just as i entered the box and ended up with 60secs of repairs,as i had no time to cancel it Sad ,that really ended my race up with leaders as it put me a lap and half down.some good racing and battles all round,Grats to Austin :first: and all other finishers and Admins for running the event :clap:
Back to top Go down
Greg DellaCella
Club Driver
Greg DellaCella

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Sep 2018 - 14:10

Started the race quietly, just trying to set a decent pace. Had a couple of good pit stops early on, although one was held up with a car doing a five point turn in front of me. I might have boxed that driver in with how I stopped and screwed us both trying to get out. It was nice running in the top 10 briefly, albeit being out of sequence with the leaders. Started making a few mistakes that led to long pit stops and sent me back to the end of the line. The end of the race came when I made contact with Jason Whited's car in turn 2. He had just passed me. It surprised me that I caught up to him in the turn. My apologies, it ruined my race and it sounded like it messed up the rest of his day as well.

Up to that point it was a fun race. Congrats to Austin on the win. Thanks to the admins for putting on such a great event. Really good broadcast from the guys in the booth.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2018 - 14:42

Steve Parker wrote:
I had a good first stint running in the top 10,then the troubles started at first pit stop,just entering my box when Austins pit crew gave him an unsafe release as they say in F1 lol! his car touched the rear of mine just as i entered the box and ended up with 60secs of repairs,as i had no time to cancel it Sad ,that really ended my race up with leaders as it put me a lap and half down.some good racing and battles all round,Grats to Austin :first:  and all other finishers and Admins for running the event :clap:

I forgot to mention that. I'm sorry Steve. I did glance in my mirror before leaving, didn't see ya till it was to late.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2018 - 17:28

Haven't had a chance to recap my race; so I will now...

Qualifying was disappointing for me because I had another case of the "admin shakes" as I call them, distracted by making sure things were A-ok. Managed 14th on the grid, so I figured, ok, at least I'm not at the very back.  Was sad to see John Thim miss the start because he had looked so good in practice; hopefully he can join us for the Ontario race in December.

Start was clean and uneventful. Slipped back in the early laps because i was still trying to establish a rhythm, but by lap 10 I was feeling more confident, and the tires were nice and warm.  I must give credit to David Jaques for his advice on race setup. Without his input, I likely would have been uncompetitive like I was at Indy. The car felt especially good after only changing right side tires; any inherent looseness that would have tripped me up as I got mentally tired was diminished a bit.

I had some really enjoyable battles with Jason Whited and Steve Parker.  Jason had more legs than I did on the straight, but I had the maneuverability, especially in turn 1.  So the overtakes and cut-backs on the inside were very challenging and a lot of fun Smile  Ended up being elevated into the top 10 after Jacob and others fell by the wayside.  Was encouraged to see such a variety of people leading the race; the addition of the yellows definitely made the race more competitive and bodes well for Ontario.

Congrats to Austin; very possible he could win the Triple Crown.  Great job to all the finishers; this is a very taxing race mentally and just getting through the 500 miles is a feat in itself  :top:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2018 - 18:09

Austin Johnson wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:
I had a good first stint running in the top 10,then the troubles started at first pit stop,just entering my box when Austins pit crew gave him an unsafe release as they say in F1 lol! his car touched the rear of mine just as i entered the box and ended up with 60secs of repairs,as i had no time to cancel it Sad ,that really ended my race up with leaders as it put me a lap and half down.some good racing and battles all round,Grats to Austin :first:  and all other finishers and Admins for running the event :clap:

I forgot to mention that. I'm sorry Steve. I did glance in my mirror before leaving,  didn't see ya till it was to late.

No worrys m8,racing incident :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018 - 15:20

Sad that I had to miss this due to work, but I plan to be at Ontario. Hopefully, I can grab my Eagle again.

Quick Question, Will there be another patch for Ontario or will the Mod be as it is now?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018 - 15:27

Jason Fitch wrote:

Sad that I had to miss this due to work, but I plan to be at Ontario. Hopefully, I can grab my Eagle again.

Quick Question, Will there be another patch for Ontario or will the Mod be as it is now?

As of now, the mod should be the same as ran at Pocono.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5