Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018

Go down 
+5
Michael Drechsler
Jacob Fredriksson
Alberto Ibañez
Ashar Firdaus
Jonatan Acerclinth
9 posters

What series would you prefer?
Touring Car Legends
Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Vote_lcap41%Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Vote_rcap
 41% [ 11 ]
Caterham Cup
Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Vote_lcap15%Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
HistoriX
Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Vote_lcap44%Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2018 - 9:59

We are looking at a possible wednesday series here at HSO, during the Autumn after August, but we haven't yet decided on what we should run.

The closest thing at hand would be to run a Touring Car Legends series (most likely NZTCC 1987 as it would fit in the alloted time) but it would depend on interest.

Another would be to run a Caterham Cup, shortened compared to the full season, of British Caterham 1988 what ran alongside BTCC 1988 a few years ago, but it would again depend on interest.

Another could be to run the HistoriX mod with a series such as the Sprinbok 1968 that ran here many years ago.

I'd like to keep it to Touring Cars and mostly plug & play since we have such hefty Sunday series running to make it easier for everyone that wants to, to take part.

But as I said, it depends on interest so please put in a vote or a comment in this thread and we'll have a look after a couple of weeks and we'll decide among the admins after that.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Last edited by Jonatan Acerclinth on Wed 18 Jul 2018 - 15:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ashar Firdaus
Club Driver
Ashar Firdaus

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2018-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2018 - 10:45

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
We are looking at a possible wednesday series here at HSO, during the Autumn after August, but we haven't yet decided on what we should run.

The closest thing at hand would be to run a Touring Car Legends series (most likely NZTCC 1987 as it would fit in the alloted time) but it would depend on interest.

Another would be to run a Caterham Cup, shortened compared to the full season, of British Caterham 1988 what ran alongside BTCC 1988 a few years ago, but it would again depend on interest.

Another could be to run the HistoriX mod with a series such as the Sprinbok 1968 that ran here many years ago.

I'd like to keep it to Touring Cars and mostly plug & play since we have such hefty Sunday series running to make it easier for everyone that wants to, to take part.

But as I said, it depends on interest so please put in a vote or a comment in this thread and we'll have a look after a couple of weeks and we'll decide among the admins after that.

Thank you in advance for your input.
HistorX would be great but TCL is also great scratch
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2018 - 15:11

Sorry I closed the poll involuntarily :doh:

Was trying to view results and then go back to voting Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2018 - 15:41

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Sorry I closed the poll involuntarily :doh:

Was trying to view results and then go back to voting Embarassed
It happens to the best of us sometimes Smile

I'll see if I can sort it out. Otherwise please post your choice in the thread instead.

EDIT:

There we go, sorted Alberto, now you can vote :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2018 - 17:13

most def. interested! Been longing for a Wednesday series with sprint races. Fits my work schedule much better.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2018 - 21:02

Both HistorX and TCL are fine for me. As I mentioned before, I miss those Wednesday races. Smile

By the way, are you accepting suggestions or input for possible series and events, or whom do I have to send them to? Nuffin' crazy or needing oodles of new content Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2018 - 21:27

It's essentially, if you know of a good Historic Plug&Play esque series or mod, please feel free to suggest them in this thread or PM me and we admins will take them into consideration moving forward.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2018 - 21:46

I'd love to see something GTesque from the '62 - '65 era. I've seen you did a '62 Goodwood TT in the past, but HistorX should allow for some other GT only (or at least mostly) event from the era, like Spa, Monza, Bridgehampton.... Admitting, HistorX leaves a bit to be desired on small capacity cars, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2018 - 7:13

what I would love to do is some smaller cars races - Mini, Abarth, Jag Mk.II, Cortinas...something like that, funny a close racing without fear of stupid mistakes
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2018 - 11:02

I agree with Karel and Historix small cars, but some TCL races would be fun too Smile
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2018 - 13:18

Honza Mild wrote:
I agree with Karel and Historix small cars, but some TCL races would be fun too Smile

+1 avec Honza et Karel !
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2018 - 14:55

In that case (either GT style or small cars HistoriX) we'll certainly take it into consideration and look at it. One such, more or less, P&C series could be a BRSCC that was run around 4 years ago but with 2 instead of 3 classes....
And we can of course look at, if not a series, possibly running an open/gold star event similar to the Goodwood TT, was unaware HSO had run it in the past, sort of before my time here I believe hehe.

We'll take it into consideration for sure and see what is decided when the time comes
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2018 - 15:30

I vote 1976 Formula Atlantics :D
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2018 - 19:08

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

We do that if you take part. Chicken? :D
Back to top Go down
Ashar Firdaus
Club Driver
Ashar Firdaus

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2018-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018 - 2:54

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Guillaume Siebert wrote:

We do that if you take part. Chicken? :D
:D lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018   Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wednesday Series during the Autumn of 2018
Page 1 of 1