Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]

Go down 
+27
David Jaques
Jean-Marie Placais
Jukka Närhi
Filippo Marazzi
Brian Janik
Adam Hackman
Steve Parker
Gérard Ryon
Bruno Chacon
Gabriel Sterr
Martin Lacina
Raymond Riddall
David Jundt
Christian Dauger
Alberto Iquino
Michael Drechsler
Jason Whited
Pascal Mikula
Yves Plaçais
Ashar Firdaus
Grant Riddall
Raul Jereb
David Sabre
Timo Vermeersch
Juha Bos
Jason Fitch
Jason White
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2018 - 6:00

Finally i will absent. No preparation.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2018 - 17:36

Server is now set for today's race.
Good luck to you all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2018-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2018 - 20:24

:doh: :doh: :doh:  Deco
Rage
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2018 - 20:31

Now that was really weird. On the second lap, I had a wiggle out of T8, that somehow sent me up the inside embankment, and hitting the same, my framerate went completely down, ending in a CTD.

Wasn't to great after completely missing my point in T3, trying to avoid the crowd on the inside and running into Gerard Ryon as a result. My apologies to Gerard!
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2018 - 20:42

My connection broke.. Im so sad...
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2018 - 21:21

Welp. Didn't really have a good race anyways. Car was being a little douchy, even after David Jaques gave me a talk on "Suspension Settings 101", which improved it a lot, but not enough. Then came the fight with Riddall (Ray) which ended when he divebombed me into T1, I tried to get him back in T4 while Jaques was lapping us, which resulted in a bump which re-designed my suspension.
Result of the whole drama was me absolutely losing it at 190 mph into T1 and shattering into pieces between the trees.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2018 - 21:33

Very sorry for the spin in front of you, Grant. I overshot my braking point and lifted and around it went, I could not stop it. Seems like it must have hurt your car worse than mine, very very sorry about that.

Also sorry to Bruno if that was my fault as I was lapping you. Not sure, thought I was holding a straight line and you were giving me the corner. Barely touched the rear, but seems it sent you off into the trees.

Race to forget. Didn't calculate fuel (dumb) but thought I added extra. Took 60 gallons to start and after 25 laps realized I wasn't even going to make it 50 laps. Was apparently burning the hell out of it.

...head not in it, having some real world issues.
Shouldn't have started the race...

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2018 - 21:56

Jason Whited wrote:
Very sorry for the spin in front of you, Grant.  I overshot my braking point and lifted and around it went, I could not stop it.  Seems like it must have hurt your car worse than mine, very very sorry about that. 

Don't worry, nothing you could have done Smile Was a good race whilst it lasted anyway!
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sterr
Club Driver
Gabriel Sterr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2018 - 22:46

That was really nice. Thanks Gerhard and Brian for making it interesting!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2018 - 22:56

Results and points are up
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2018 - 23:17

The broadcast has been processed and it can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrQhNJ8c_hg

I hope you'll have as much fun watching it as it was commentating on :drink:
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018 - 0:38

Good clean intense fights with Sterr and Ryon!  :clap:  cheers Bravo guys!! Made a couple mistakes that cost 20 secs, only contact was a minor racing incident on the last lap. Overall a decent race.

Welcome to HSO Mark Craggs, and well done finishing first time out in a difficult car!
Congrats to Yves! also DJq & DJu (...and Juha pale )

Last edited by Brian Janik on Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 14:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2018-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018 - 7:09

Thanks Brian, very much enjoyed the race.
Grats to those who made it to the front (can't find results yet) and thanks to organisers and for letting me join in. Am sporting an injury to my elbow after one of a few moments. Could do with replacing the IKEA "race" seat with its arms lol.
Thanks also to the broadcasters. Really enjoyed watching and good presentation. Looking forward to second half tonight.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018 - 8:12

Brian Janik wrote:
Welcome to HSO Mark Craggs, and well done finishing first time out in a difficult car!
Congrats to Yves!

Bravo Mark ! :clap:
Merci Brian ! :chinois:

Last edited by Yves Plaçais on Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 16:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018 - 11:40

Racing driver excuses follow.
I had hardly any sleep on Saturday night which was followed by an early morning start to go to Croft race circuit for the BTCC. All day standing out in very hot sun. I returned home half way through the CanAm qualifying feeling very tired.

Surprised to qualify on pole with Juha alongside.  :top:
A good start to the race and I managed to open a small gap to Juha and Yves. I made a few small mistakes but I was still able to stay in the lead. Then towards the end of the race the low fuel warning appeared  affraid , which lead to a few more mistakes and a spin while I was trying to set the refuel amount and turn off changing the tyres pale . I was feeling really tired now and trying to fight back but I wasn't possible and I tagged Brian Janik's rear causing him to spin off do I had to wait for him to get back on the track and re-take 5th position. 6th place finish means that I'm now 9 points behind Yves Sad .

Thanks for the broadcast and thanks to all of the slower cars.  :top:

Congratulation Yves, David & David.
Its yours to lose now Yves. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018 - 14:00

I wanted to thank David Jaques for his advice and help with a setup the other night. I had no real practice time, save one night and yesterday morning. The setup he sent me is the reason I was able to run with him and Grant. I had not maxed the wing on this car, and probably would not have considered it here, but the higher wing was definitely beneficial to my car. It was awesome being able to catch back up anytime we'd hit the windy bits, though a bit of a struggle to determine where I wanted to be at times.

It's a damn shame I couldn't get my head in it enough not to make the same simple, yet race destroying, mistakes I keep making in this series. Feel like I was helped along and given a productive car by one of top drivers here, yet I failed. ....having a hard time swallowing this one. On top of that, I inexcusably quit out early. I have "an excuse" but it's only that...a damned excuse. Apologies to this organization for that.

...going to have to refocus my efforts and prioritize a bit.

Anyways, where's my cheese? I'm done whining now.

Big thanks to the broadcast crew for another great broadcast.
Also, another big thank you to HSO and to Mr. Jason White for keeping this show moving.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018 - 14:57

Brian Janik wrote:
Congrats to Yves! also DJq & DJu (...and Juha pale )

No need to feel sad for me. I only have myself to thank for losing third place in the penultimate turn.

I'm still happy with 4th place. I've spent most of the year qualifying way below my car's capabilities and crashing at every occasion, so I decided to change my approach. The new car obviously helped a bit too. Lining up 2nd on the grid and keeping it there for a while felt like a victory in itself.

Obviously I had to spin at least once, but no damage was done and I had a great fight with David Jundt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018 - 21:30

I enjoyed the race last night and the fight with Pascal, it was hard to find somewhere to pass but when you were slow out of the last turn I new I had a chance into t1. i wouldn't call it a dive bomb though, it was a pity you span off as i wanted our battle to continue.

Well done to the podium and thanks for the broadcast.
Back to top Go down
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2018-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2018 - 7:23

Yves Plaçais wrote:

Bravo Mark ! :clap:
Thanks Yves Smile
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 16:54

So I have woefully failed at reducing some of the back log on the reports.

Anyhow, Donnybrooke report is now up here.

Without pics for the time being. Pics will follow later.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2018 - 11:19

Pics added to Donnybrooke report.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]   Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - Donnybrooke [Jun 24th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3