Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]

Go down 
+30
Michal Janak
François Remmen
Petr Hlavac
Greg Hunt
Austin Johnson
Jonatan Acerclinth
Philippe Martinelli
Raul Jereb
David Jaques
Jacob Fredriksson
Raymond Riddall
Steve Parker
Peter Blom
David Jundt
Jan Kowalski
Gabriel Sterr
Grant Riddall
Gérard Ryon
Mick Chapman
Jason Fitch
Jason Whited
Richard Wilks
Bruno Chacon
Martin Lacina
Timo Vermeersch
Yves Plaçais
Pascal Mikula
David Sabre
Juha Bos
Richard Coxon
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2018 - 22:14

I doubt it's the car or the track If it was the track we would of had mass disco's. Only other disco has been explained (Brian Janik) No other Ferrari has had any issues and yours is exactly the same.

I think it's maybe just a case of bad luck and your internet maybe having a hickup, it's unfortunate as you was driving well but it's happened before too in other races.

Sorry there is no definite answer. :smil20:

@ Pascal I watched you when you spun out, you entered way too quick from my view. Learn from these little mistakes and remember them, accept you maybe made fault and learn, instead of looking for things to blame.
You'll become a much better driver, a lot quicker if you do. Again only advice, not having a go, either take it onboard or forget it.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2018 - 22:17

Richard Coxon wrote:

@ Pascal I watched you when you spun out, you entered way too quick from my view. Learn from these little mistakes and remember them, accept you maybe made fault and learn, instead of looking for things to blame.
You'll become a much better driver, a lot quicker if you do. Again only advice, not having a go, either take it onboard or forget it.
As I said, I was trying to keep up with you. Dunno how on earth you got away from me so quick but I tried. Adding to that, my gear shifter decided to fool me as well and didn't select 2nd gear when I put it in place so I was left with basically no engine braking.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2018 - 22:19

I can't recall a race where i was 2 seconds within the leader for the WHOLE race. There's no doubt that Yves is one of the best here at HSO. Sadly, the whole experience was overshadowed by a last lap incident. It was for the second time during those 55 laps when i had a legitimate run on him. It was a huge surprise for me, but there i was next to Yves, having the inside line into the fast right hander. Unfortunately, i was left with very little room and we tangled. Miraculously, we both survived, but the fight was over.

Second position isn't bad, obviously. But this should have been a fight into the twisty stuff until the very last corner. Shame that it turned out the way it did.

Anyway, i thoroughly enjoy these cars and can't wait for the next race :top:

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Sun 10 Jun 2018 - 22:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2018 - 22:23

Désolé, Petr, la fin du tour aurait été sympa... mais je laisse la place suffisante pour ta voiture. Sur mon replay, tu mord le coté de la piste, ce qui t'envoie sur moi.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2018 - 22:29

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Désolé, Petr, la fin du tour  aurait été sympa... mais je laisse la place suffisante pour ta voiture. Sur mon replay, tu mord le coté de la piste, ce qui t'envoie sur moi.

I wouldn't call it "enough room", but you're right. It was my car which moved slightly to the left. While i'm disappointed, i'm really glad that we both made it to the finish line. Grats, you never put a wheel wrong.
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2018 - 22:31

Congrats Yves on the win and Petr for second. On the time sheets it looked a close one!
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2018 - 22:34

No, my internet's fine all around here. I've been fine on rF2 aswell as the previous rounds in AMS.

But sure, blame it...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2018 - 22:44

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Yves Plaçais wrote:
Désolé, Petr, la fin du tour  aurait été sympa... mais je laisse la place suffisante pour ta voiture. Sur mon replay, tu mord le coté de la piste, ce qui t'envoie sur moi.

I wouldn't call it "enough room", but you're right. It was my car which moved slightly to the left. While i'm disappointed, i'm really glad that we both made it to the finish line. Grats, you never put a wheel wrong.  

Désolé que cela se termine comme cela, Petr, on aurait eu un beau dernier demi-tour... :drink:

Bravo pour ta course  Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 3108518133 , j'ai fini liquéfié !
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2018 - 22:58

I think I am gonna spend some time looking how long I'll last on the server with some cars.

Although the thought of some specific car getting disco'd seems really weird to me...
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2018 - 23:05

I knew I could be quite quick here in the new Surtees but a podium was not in my plan so coming home 3rd is like a victory for me. Pretty lonely race and I had some physical problems finishing this long race.

I feel a bit like Lance Stroll finishing on the podium in Baku 2017 after crashing in all previous ones :D
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 6:32

David Jundt wrote:
I think I am gonna spend some time looking how long I'll last on the server with some cars.

Although the thought of some specific car getting disco'd seems really weird to me...

DJ, take it easy man. sure double check, but im 99% sure you just had an internet issue today.  in TS, it showed you had a low ping, but it also showed xx% of packet loss.  so something wasn't right with your connection today. the timing sucks, but i highly, highly doubt its the car.

----------------------------

on a racing note, had some nice close racing with a few drivers out there today.  unfortunately also had some close racing that resulted in contact with others.  not sure why some are so aggressive, so early in the race.  if you think you are faster than someone, try setting up a pass instead of just dive bombing in a big braking zone and using the other car as the backstop.  its a long race, save the dramatic moves for the final laps not the opening ones, everyone will have a much more enjoyable race without carrying damage for the next 50 laps.

maybe im just old and the type of racing im looking for just can't be found here, or maybe anywhere.

dave

Last edited by David Jaques on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 6:51; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 6:45

David Jaques wrote:
David Jundt wrote:

DJ, take it easy man. sure double check, but im 99% sure you just had an internet issue today.  in TS, it showed you had a low ping, but it also showed xx% of packet loss.  so something wasn't right with your connection today. the timing sucks, but i highly, highly doubt its the car.

----------------------------

on a racing note, had some nice close racing with a few drivers out there today.  unfortunately also had some close racing that resulted in contact with others.  not sure why some are so aggressive, so early in the race.  if you think you are faster than someone, try setting up a pass instead of just dive bombing in a big braking zone and using the other car as the backstop.  its a long race, save the dramatic moves for the final laps not the opening ones, everyone will have a much more enjoyable race without carrying damage for the next 50 laps.

maybe im just old and the type of racing im looking for just can't be found here, or maybe anywhere.

dave

i see it same, some too agressives at opening laps,
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 10:21

Thoroughly enjoyed myself last night for the 1st time this season.
Didn't have any major battles, a couple of spins learning the limits of the March, but even then it was so much fun to drive a car that doesn't bite your balls off if you just make the slightest of errors :chinois:

Now to hope to pick up a March chassis for the remainder of the season.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 14:18

Well, it might not have been for a points scoring position, but I had a ton of fun battling with Mick all the way through the final lap for what eventually turned out to be P8. Hard and respectful racing and the two cars were very evenly matched for that battle. Certainly beat the lonely race at the back!

Running wings as low as they would go because the car suffered a ton at the top end with anything else, I was fairly certain I'd be out before the halfway point. Luckily, the car was quite forgiving and besides 2 half spins I managed to keep it pointing forward and without damages.
After the previous race results (and lack thereof) it definitely feels good to finish one out. :D

:clap:

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 15:33

On a side note, that was the last time we will see Pedro Rodriguez in F1, because as we all know he was tragically killed during a sportscar race at the Norisring.

His place in our season for Silverstone and the Nurburgring will be taken by Vic Elford.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 15:59

David Jundt wrote:

Also wonder about deleting HAT files or anything that might keep a history of driving the other car. Don't know if there is something to insure the Ferrari or any new car gets a clean slate within AMS/rfactor. Still doubt it's the cause but history/cache can clog things up?

Anyway, feel your pain, I wasnt on pole, but I was absolutely gutted when i lost connection. Very thankful I didn't destroy any of my belongings in the hour that followed. Not only did I feel good about the car in race trim, but just wanted to have some fun racing with all you peeps after what turned out to be a ho-hum weekend.

Ultimately this type of thing, no fault of driver, happens in real life racing too
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sterr
Club Driver
Gabriel Sterr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 16:33

I'm sorry that my driving wasn't up to the usual standard yesterday. I underestimated the difficulty of the cars and track.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 18:07

The strange thing is though:

I later joined the server with:

Peterson-March
Stewart-Tyrrell
Regazzoni-Ferrari(again)

I even alt-tabbed while in the pits or on track for good measure.

Yet, the only disco I did have during that time, was while being on the server with the Ferrari. IMO, I spent more time with the Tyrrell on the server, but nothing happened.

And if it's packet loss and unstable the whole weekend(sorry, but none of such issues on rF2, so AMS issue at most. It's a 20000/2000 line I believe), why doesn't it seem consistent with every car?

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 18:16

Because its fate. You are not meant to drive the Ferrari, just give up :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2018 - 15:52

How did you line up properly on the grid? I had no red line and got a drivethru. Race was good with a promising pace. Had some good battles. Looking for more fun at Silverstone :conduit:

Last edited by Jan Kowalski on Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 7:17; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2018 - 22:42

Juha Bos wrote:
Good first lap, lost a lot of places to avoid Steve who'd spun and forced me into the wall. I completely ruined the car when trying to pass a recovering Janak. Balance was gone and I crashed it on lap 3 or 4.

Sorry about that Juha,but i was a passenger as it flew across the gravel and could not stop it,got going again then next lap i hit a car that spun in front of me and wrecked the suspension :doh:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2018 - 8:03

Paul Ricard report is up here.

Hope you enjoy (some of) it.

Now, if I can get the Donny-report done this week, I should be able to start on Silvy right after the race... and maybe get some rhythm back in this thing.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2018 - 8:52

Another great read Timo :top:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2018 - 9:27

I love it(of course, but so I do with every report) :D

Having taken pole didn't inflate my ego, I am too humble for that. Not to mention any V12 car would look good there. But I'd have been interested to see how the fight with Yves and Petr would've developed. I wasn't ahead by miles at the time.

Too bad I couldn't give Enzo the victory he wanted. Signore Bruppacher will be back for Silverstone, he said.

Still a bit mystified to be honest, had no issues in every other sim, let alone with the other '71 cars I tested. And it didn't happen in the race alone, it also happened while testing.

Once the next race server opens, I'll check again.

Speaking about connection: Is the multiplayer file the only place to change connection settings? Seems strange to me that you can only change it via said file. Other games have a connection setting option within the game, usually when you try to join a server.

Not sure why AMS seems different there.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2018 - 14:10

DJ: sorry to Enzo, i am so slow, but ending in points in every race (except Spain where my ISP stopped me ) isn too bad for me, last race i can be on podium but strugle in train and some hits lost too much time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Grand Prix de France [June 10th]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5