Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]

Go down 
+29
Yves Plaçais
Dana Schurer
Brian Janik
Mick Chapman
Pascal Kalide
Richard Wilks
Christian Dauger
Gabriel Sterr
Alberto Ibañez
Adam Hackman
Gérard Ryon
Konstantin Zubov
Jan Kowalski
Bruno Chacon
Raymond Riddall
Jason Whited
Raul Jereb
Steve Parker
Petr Hlavac
Martin Lacina
Jason Fitch
Michael Drechsler
David Sabre
Grant Riddall
David Jundt
Timo Vermeersch
Juha Bos
Pascal Mikula
Jason White
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2018 - 21:34

Had a front row seat for Hackman/Mikula scrap until Pascal had a half spin while braking in the last corner. Easy enough to avoid if I just take my normal line... BUT distracted? Slightly more speed? Missed turn-in? Tractor Beam? Whatever the reason, I couldnt hit the Apex, and hit Pascal's parked car instead.
Both lose a frt wheel (surprised by that too) Both out!

%^#&*%#$^$*I*("!@)*BuMMed

Club Driver
Gabriel Sterr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2018 - 22:31

Sorry to hear that, Pascal and Brian! Bad luck happens, I guess. I have to say that the start and the lappings were pretty nice and civilised around me, a real pleasure to race. I did see some cars spin off in the first lap, but I don't know if contact was involved there and there were no pileups.

I have to apologize to Juha Bos for braking so late into that long downhill braking zone. I must have totally zoned out or something to not brake earlier with another car in front seeing how I had noticed in qualyfying my braking point for that one was much later than most driver's. You obviously saw me locking up badly and let me by on the inside to avoid contact, saving both our races. Sorry, I didn't mean to force you to do that!

It was a pretty uneventful race for me. I did have some small scraps early in the race with Raul Jereb, David Jundt, David Sabre and Yves Placais, but all of those except Raul had much better pace than me so there wasn't much to win by fighting. Raul ended up losing time with repairs, I guess, because we were lapping the course with a pretty constant 40 seconds between us towards the end.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2018 - 22:58

Well, the expected result (a DNF), because Road America, HSO mods and me are for some reason a combination, that simply does not work.
I've been struggling the whole week to get in charge of the car, things were mostly okay if I kept the car over 2.12, but sometimes the car would just act in a totally weird, unpredictable way, either kicking the rear out or slide of the track understeering. And no way to say why or when. Trying to push the car was pretty much out of question, there was nearly no margin between 'fast' and 'to fast' to save the car. Nontheless, experimenting a bit around in qualifying somehow got me under the 2.10 mark.
So I took my race setup, applied two little changes and they did indeed make the car somewhat more userfriendly, and for good measure, I raised the rear half a centimetre, as I suspected the suspension to run on the blocks.
The start was a bit wilrd, I qualified in 12th, but got away a bit slow (not good trying to start in 3rd), but wasn't there a rule that says no overtaking before the line? Before I could blink, I found myself in... 17th IIRC. Quickly I was back to 14th again, and contact to the cars in front of me, but my plan to take everything easy and keep the car on track under all circumstances went AWOL by the end of lap 2 at the last corner, when I once again went off track understeering. 19th, now, lots of time and position lost, but there was still a lot of race ahead of me.
My last minute changes seemed to be the right measure, I could do relatively constant laptimes, and was pretty soon doing 2.11 laps, though it still wasn't really possible to place the car where I wanted (or needed) it to be, but somehow, I got around the track more or less safe. A little niggle here and there, as the car still did some random stuff, but never that complete loss of control I sometimes experiences. At least until lap 21 or 22. I was back to 14th and beginning to have thoughts about where and how to pass Juha when the front runners were about to lap me. I entered a left hand corner and suddenly, I had a halfspin, Grant couldn't avoid me and ended up in the gravel. I tried to continue, but I immediately felt the hit had bent my steering. I tried to return to the pits, but after the Carousell, I parked the car. Way to dangerous the way the car behaved.

My sincere apologies to Grant for the incident, I'm deeply sorry. I hope it didn't affect your race too much.

Real men drive pink cars!
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2018 - 23:09

Michael Drechsler wrote:

My sincere apologies to Grant for the incident, I'm deeply sorry. I hope it didn't affect your race too much.

Don’t worry bout it, wasn’t your fault just racing incident Smile

Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2018 - 23:28

A very strange race. I was surprised by how fast the laptimes were in qualifying and it looked like the race would be quite close.
In the race I couldn't get comfortable with the car and Grant and David Jaques were close behind. A small mistake while lapping a car cost me the lead and then a few laps later to my surprise I was back in the lead only for a spun lapped car to move across the track and damage my front. This then lead to me understeering off and seriously damaging the car. After that I was just driving to finish and Yves went by and it looked like I was going to lose some championship points to him only for Yves to have his own lapped car trouble and I got by to finish 5th.

Congrats to Grant, David Jundt, David Jaques.

Thanks to the broadcast team. :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2018 - 23:47

Results and points are up.

Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jun 2018 - 10:35

Qualif : temps conforme à mes espérances, à 1 dixième de mon meilleur temps, 2ème derrière David, Bravo à toi !

Surpris par le green flag qui est venu très tôt, je perd deux places que je regagne assez vite.

Mais je m'aperçois que j'ai des problèmes de blocage du train arrière en fin de freinage, ce qui m'a occasionné quelques têtes à queue, notamment le premier où je passe de la 2nde à la...21ème place.

Remonté 4ème à quelques tours de l'arrivée, avec de belles bagarres de près ou de loin : Gabriel, bravo pour ta solidité :top: , David avec une Mc Laren diminuée et Martin le rusé ! Wink , j'espérais reprendre quelques points à David ( c'était mon unique objectif de cette course), mais à deux tours de l'arrivée, je me rate un peu en doublant Timo qui ne peut m'éviter lorsque je ressors du virage trop lentement. Je pars et tête à queue, Martin et David me repassent.
Je finis 6ème, je limite les dégâts, ouf !

Bravo au trio de tête, Grant et les 2 David ! :clap:

Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jun 2018 - 10:37

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Well that's my race done!

Had some good battles, namely with Juha and...Juha and..Juha and Adam Hackman.

It was great fun until I spun in front of you and you rearranged my front suspension (entirely my fault).

Gabriel Sterr wrote:
I have to apologize to Juha Bos for braking so late into that long downhill braking zone. I must have totally zoned out or something to not brake earlier with another car in front seeing how I had noticed in qualyfying my braking point for that one was much later than most driver's. You obviously saw me locking up badly and let me by on the inside to avoid contact, saving both our races. Sorry, I didn't mean to force you to do that!

No problem, I was braking early there so I kept an eye on people braking later, I saw you coming.

David Sabre wrote:
A small mistake while lapping a car cost me the lead and then a few laps later to my surprise I was back in the lead only for a spun lapped car to move across the track and damage my front.

Me again. I was parked sideways on the track and wasn't able to look for oncoming traffic. The safest option seemed to move out of the way quickly but that's where you were heading to avoid me.

That hit didn't do much damage. Pascal's was a bit worse and a very light touch from Jason Whited in the final laps made the suspension collapse, again, like at Mosport. I went in for repairs and just drove to finish the race.

Join the current HSO team as we move to ISO in 2020!
http://historicsimracing.123.st/t4220-important-announcement-for-the-2020-season
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jun 2018 - 13:50

Juha Bos wrote:
That hit didn't do much damage. Pascal's was a bit worse and a very light touch from Jason Whited in the final laps made the suspension collapse, again, like at Mosport. I went in for repairs and just drove to finish the race.

Really sorry about that, Juha.
Wasn't trying to bump you but we had a bit different momentum through the corner and the last few feet of distance closed before I realized it.
Was really hoping that tap wasn't the reason you slowed right after, but I guess it just amplified problems you already had. Apologies Embarassed

Race was a struggle for me. Not what I expected after seeing the pace my car could give me. Had high hopes for a top 5 here but it was not to be.

I am not really sure what happened at the green flag. It was like every car around me was suddenly faster. I thought I got going as quickly as the green displayed but apparently I was lagging behind in my head a bit. Was very intense through the first corners as cars from behind were screaming by me and around me. affraid

Finally got straightened out for a second, only to find myself projected through turn 5. ...literally projected. I braked way early, but evidently the draft was more than I thought it was going to be, the brakes were ineffective and I had to just go straight so I didn't hit anyone ahead. pale

Came back onto the track at the rear of the field. Spent some laps gaining back positions on slower cars, only to reach Timo, who decided it a good idea to race into T1. Draft must have got him as well, overshot it and shoved us both into the sand pit. Deep into the sand pit! :grrr:
I lost a lot of time reversing out of that one.

Again spent time taking back positions from slower cars. Went ok besides a few scary moments and one strange moment where the car just unpredictably decided to try to kill me...half spin and raked the nose down the wall, don't even remember where. Was enough to screw with the balance of the car, so from that point the rest of the race was me fighting the hell out of the car.

Took FOREVER to catch Mick and Juha. Each time I'd get close I'd make a mistake or have to slow and again they'd disappear. Finally got my head together enough to focus a bit and made it stick. I was hell bent on that singular point!

Was hoping for better results, but the recovery was quite fun, even though I think I spent more time cussing the car than "having fun with it". A constant struggle.

Good broadcast, thanks guys!
And grats to the podium and finishers as well. Tough one.
Enjoyed watching some of the battles after the race, some cars were really putting on a good show! :clap:

Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jun 2018 - 14:18

I had deprived myself of scoring any points by bending my car so it doesn't matter. If I'd kept pointing it in the right direction, you'd have never caught me. You were faster any way. Wink

Join the current HSO team as we move to ISO in 2020!
http://historicsimracing.123.st/t4220-important-announcement-for-the-2020-season
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jun 2018 - 16:06

Finally home...

My yesterdays race was ruined few seconds before the start sirens called for race start. I received a disturbing email, briefly read it to my wife, and she went balistic, I was so confused with coundown to start that I just didnt manage to ask for a restart and 5min delay... and from that point all went wrong.. I was driving the pace lap, giving instructions, receveing instructions, questions, answers, boy.. then my wife just took of to deal with the problem by herself, with that "your good just for playing your stupid games" look in her eyes.. and my mind was somewhere else, not at Road America... and mistakes just started to roll...

With lighlty damaged car, one eye on the cell phone, one ear on the air.. It was just to hard to keep pace with front, and after dropping to 17th place, I started to cruise, and calm down as much as I can.

Then my wife came back home and started to explain something, and I nodded, but couldnt hear a thing shes talking, and I felt that look on my back all the time.. But she is a nice person, this was just a bad coincidence of times and places.. and times...

However, 8th place after all is allmost as a win to me.. there were few situations I thought Im done.

@Pascal, boy, you are really fighting like its a death or life thing.. I think you should relax a bit and enjoy more, I avoided few situations which could be lethal to both of us.. Its not a shame to be overtaken, by a better car, and a better driver geek - its a joke.. you are much faster than me, but boy, I was in a rocket and you were in a canou. Ok, a Fast canoe!!

@Michael, I think we have allmost same cars, together with Jason (Whited). Do not hesitate to ask help.. I was rarely on the server this week, but PM me and I can (try to) help!
I used same setup as in the Watkins Glen and it turned quite ok. Im no expert in setups, but I felt the car very good and was confident, and that is most important to me. Everyhting can go forward from that point.
Next time contact me (Jason).

Speaking of the car feeling, I must admint, this mod is one of the best in that matter I drove ever.. I can really feel the car, what is hapening, and how to react, I can push, learn, push more.. its really unbelivable how "realistic" it is.. Im trully enjoing it. So, thank you everybody!!!

Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 685
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun 2018 - 23:15

Sorry for the back log I'm getting on the race reports. Busy at the office right now etc.

Anyway, Road America report is up here.

Timo

Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2018 - 0:02

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Road America report is up here.

Timo

:clap: GD, Sad :clap: :clap: :clap:

Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2018 - 3:20

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Sorry for the back log I'm getting on the race reports. Busy at the office right now etc.

Anyway, Road America report is up here.

Timo

study :top:

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]   Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Road America [Jun 3rd]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3