Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AMS changes

Go down 
+5
Steve Parker
Timo Vermeersch
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Coxon
Richard Wilks
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jan 2018 - 0:32

For those who say it's rfactor1

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jan 2018 - 7:48

:top:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jan 2018 - 10:46

FF is overrated :langue:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jan 2018 - 14:45

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
FF is overrated :langue:

Whatever it is, it certainly is way better in AMS than in rF Smile
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeFri 2 Nov 2018 - 13:20

Posted today.

Historically silence from us is not the sign of things stopping but rather too much stuff going on with a bit of uncertainty, and that´s the case again here including a couple of big developments since this topic was created.

With that said and without going too far making premature announcements, here is what you can surely expect in the very short term (3 weeks max):

A new Automobilista update
Announcing a new partnership that will bring free new (previously unforecasted) cars to AMS before the end of the year
Announcing new official AMS competition
Release of rF2 Bundle

And there is more still to come before the year wraps, but we´ll get to that once we´re through with the above
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeFri 2 Nov 2018 - 13:31

Looks good, glad to see expansion plans Smile

But WTH is that "rF2 bundle" ?
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeFri 2 Nov 2018 - 13:36

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Looks good, glad to see expansion plans Smile

But WTH is that "rF2 bundle" ?

I would say the "rF2" stands for rFactor 2 but the "bundle" part beats me. But I guess we had both figured that out already cheers
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeFri 2 Nov 2018 - 13:41

I get from the below quote that it is part of the AMS-content ported to rF2?

"Reiza rFactor2 Bundle

The next step is on the road is the release of the Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle, an exciting prospect in its own right. Here are some more details we can now share about it.

Firstly, the content - these are cars and tracks that will make up the Bundle:

Cars
Metalmoro AJR
Metalmoro MR18
MCR Sports 2000
Formula Vee
4.jpg

Tracks
Guaporé
Ibarra
12.jpg
Our goal when assembling content for the Bundle was to put together a pack that was at once interesting, complementary and fit in well together along with exiting rF2 content. Obviously the fact this is a 3rd party for another sim means it has to inhabit the design of that product, for that reason you won´t be seeing any of our semi-fictional cars on the Bundle, as Studio397 has been focusing on delivering officially licensed content for rFactor 2.

Since there are 50 venues and over 30 series to pick from in Automobilista it would not be surprising for some of you not to find your personal favorite in this package, moving forward though anything is possible - if the Bundle is well received it could be expanded or a new one put together, possibly even including bigger and / or brand new content.

Pricing is not 100% finalized but you may expect it to be close to standards of other rFactor 2 DLCs with items being sold individually and the full bundle at a special discount. We are pushing to release all items together before the end of September."

Source: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/reiza-general-update-fresh-news-all-around.4559/

Timo
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeFri 2 Nov 2018 - 14:34

So they are using their licensed contents to put those cars in rF2 as a payware expansion pack?

Weird that they fuel the competition like that, allowing 1:1 comparison of same car and physics between both games, and helping rF2 grow.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeFri 2 Nov 2018 - 14:50

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
So they are using their licensed contents to put those cars in rF2 as a  payware expansion pack?

Weird that they fuel the competition like that, allowing 1:1 comparison of same car and physics between both games, and helping rF2 grow.

Not weird, exploratory.

The AMS devs are essentially and basically rF1 modders.
Plus, development of AMS is over (except a small DLC that we've been waiting on quite a while now)

I also don't think they see rF2 as "the competition" (they've already worked on some stuff with the rF2 devs and that is already in rF2)

They seemed to have looked quite seriously at using the gmotor 2 engine for "AMS 2", but it seems in more recent times some new things have been laid in front of them that have them second guessing that and possibly considering a different engine. (This has been discussed a bit on the Reiza forums)

The AMS devs money is made elsewhere anyways, I'd bet on it. No way they are making much bank from AMS. If they are, I'd be truly shocked.

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 0:19

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to discuss my topic. If not, please redirect me to the right one.

The thing is an issue with sound in AMS. I've been ignoring it for a long time, but as HSO has been leaning towards AMS, I'd like to find a solution. There are two things.

First, the sound of my engine is being disrupted by weird sounds. It's like listening to TV news from 40s or an old vinyl. Is there any way how to get rid of it?

And second, which is worse. I've never found a ballance in sound settigns when I could properly hear my own engine and the other cars, too. It's either only my engine or the others being so loud, that I can barely hear mine. I's like driving deaf. Would you recommend a settings that would fix this? Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 0:52

Petr Hlavac wrote:

First, the sound of my engine is being disrupted by weird sounds. It's like listening to TV news from 40s or an old vinyl. Is there any way how to get rid of it?

This is an issue that i complained in their main forums. There is no solution on your end unfortunally. I know some stuff from them doesn't suffer from it, but i tried resample all the sounds with no success.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 1:04

Richard Wilks wrote:
Petr Hlavac wrote:

This is an issue that i complained in their main forums. There is no solution on your end unfortunally. I know some stuff from them doesn't suffer from it, but i tried resample all the sounds with no success.

Okay, thanks anyway. How about the ballance of my engine's sound and other cars around? Does it work properly for you? Would you share your settings, please?
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 1:42

I have opponents at 40% and the player at 100%.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 9:37

Petr Hlavac wrote:

And second, which is worse. I've never found a ballance in sound settigns when I could properly hear my own engine and the other cars, too. It's either only my engine or the others being so loud, that I can barely hear mine. I's like driving deaf. Would you recommend a settings that would fix this? Thank you in advance.

I found that the quality of headphones is very important. Ive been using some supermarket cheap headset for several years, and allways replaced those with the same low-budget ones. Few days ago I finaly got a good headset (g933) and I finaly could hear a lot of sounds and also make better balance in mine and opponents engine level.. still, it neads some tweaking, but by default its far, far, far better...
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 17:24

The sound "popping", static weirdness is an online issue only.
It's a sound clipping issue.  Run the car offline and this doesn't happen.

The league I operate, we reworked a 1975 F1 mod that we found and were given permissions to improve.
We faced this same issue and could not resolve it, even with input from AMS devs.

In the end we got lucky, I guess.  
Renato Simioni attempted to help us, giving us directions on how to fix the issue, to no avail.
After some time trying to solve it ourselves, Renato was kind enough to request we send him the sound files....we did, he reworked them, and the issue was gone...no more sound clipping.

He'd probably not like the fact that I told this, as I can imagine there isn't much time in his day to do such things, but if one was to go over to the Reiza forums and ask kindly, perhaps he'd take a look.  (just don't tell him I sent you :rigol:  )

I think my sound values are about where Richard's are....about 40% opponent, 100% self.
But I do have to adjust that back around defaults when I leave this mod. Of course, that's the case with various mods, so it's not an issue, just a necessary step sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 17:41

I know what he did, is actually described in the forums. You have to rework each sound file, and modify it, something i was weary to do after so much work to make them sound like they do.

The "problem" is that there is a variable in the sfx files that was suppose to let you use the old processing code of the sounds, so this doesnt happen. This variable appears to not be working for online races. which is a bug in AMS itself that i was hoping would have been resolved by now.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 18:13

Richard Wilks wrote:
I know what he did, is actually described in the forums. You have to rework each sound file, and modify it, something i was weary to do after so much work to make them sound like they do.

The "problem" is that there is a variable in the sfx files that was suppose to let you use the old processing code of the sounds, so this doesnt happen. This variable appears to not be working for online races. which is a bug in AMS itself that i was hoping would have been resolved by now.

Yes, like I said, he tried to direct us on how to do it, but as you mentioned, the sfx variable does not appear to work, and didn't work for us.

In the end though, whatever he did to fix the issue for us, worked...and without altering the sounds in the mod (no noticeable depreciation after his work), which were quite good, and especially so once the sound clipping issue was fixed.

Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2019 - 14:53

Maybe not entirely the right place to ask this but hey:

Does AMS have an option to use all cars & tracks at the same time, like rF?

Or put otherwise: when driving the Procar offline, is it possible to have AI driving other cars than the Procars?

Timo
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2019 - 15:02

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Maybe not entirely the right place to ask this but hey:

Does AMS have an option to use all cars & tracks at the same time, like rF?

Or put otherwise: when driving the Procar offline, is it possible to have AI driving other cars than the Procars?

Timo

Yes, you can.

Just have to establish which opponents you want when setting up the race weekend, after selecting "all cars/tracks".

I've not tried it, but quick search says it works as it should. :hello:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2019 - 15:03

Yes, when selecting your mod, select all cars and tracks. First option iirc.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2019 - 19:11

There's something that also seems different from rF1 to AMS:

I've sometimes tried to rotate/move away/move closer the camera around the car, but I always get these little movements to each direction, but it never turns or moves the cam further.

I think the swingman cam and other presets are same as rF1, but they don't seem to work for me.

I am not sure if I am simply assuming wrong though scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2019 - 22:08

Thanks Jason and Richard. Worked indeed. The big All Tracks & Cars is so in your face on the bottom of the screen that I managed to miss it :doh:

David, do you mean in game or in the main screen where you select the mod?

Timo
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2019 - 22:11

David Jundt wrote:
There's something that also seems different from rF1 to AMS:

I've sometimes tried to rotate/move away/move closer the camera around the car, but I always get these little movements to each direction, but it never turns or moves the cam further.

I think the swingman cam and other presets are same as rF1, but they don't seem to work for me.

I am not sure if I am simply assuming wrong though scratch

Make sure buttons are assigned. I think U releases the camera in AMS, either that or delete.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2019 - 22:18

In-game.

For example in the third-person view, trying to rotate the camera around the car(to admire the work of the modding crew).

In rF1, pressing the numbers on the note pad makes you rotate/move up/down the cam.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Sponsored content

AMS changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMS changes   AMS changes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AMS changes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Paddock-
Jump to: