Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PRC now a "protected blog"

Go down 
+4
Jari Bruppacher
David Jundt
Richard Wilks
Jason White
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PRC now a "protected blog" Empty
PostSubject: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeMon 11 Dec 2017 - 2:22

Wonder what happened to Pretend Race Cars  scratch

https://pretendracecars.net/
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeMon 11 Dec 2017 - 4:15

Simple, iRacing complained to Ian Bell that Austin said that iracing's new rallycross was crap (and rightfully so) so Ian Bell proposed Austin to make him a full time paid SMS employee, if he would shut the blog, because he was tired of putting up with complaints of people who can't hear any criticism.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeMon 11 Dec 2017 - 4:29

So where do we go now for “your mod/sim sucks” content? Lol
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeTue 12 Dec 2017 - 21:08

Aww, the iRental guys complained? Let's wrap them in plastic foil so it doesn't hurt their feelings as much.

Haven't gone back to iR, only heard people enjoy it(that supposed "crap").

Full-time employee at SMS? Oh well, maybe "Project Crash" will become good third time lucky :aie:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeSun 17 Dec 2017 - 16:12

Richard Wilks wrote:
Simple, iRacing complained to Ian Bell that Austin said that iracing's new rallycross was crap (and rightfully so) so Ian Bell proposed Austin to make him a full time paid SMS employee, if he would shut the blog, because he was tired of putting up with complaints of people who can't hear any criticism.

Well in my opinion iRacing's new rallycross stuff is great. I really don't care for rallycross at all in reality but this has started to get me interested. It's a lot of fun to race those cars.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeSun 17 Dec 2017 - 17:46

Fun is not the same as accurate.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeSun 17 Dec 2017 - 17:49

Richard Wilks wrote:

We should put that on an HSO t-shirt Smile
Back to top Go down
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017 - 10:48

Richard Wilks wrote:

Scott Speed was heavily involved in the recreation of the VW Beetle from GRC. He says it's very accurate. I have no reference frame for how accurate it would be, so I take the word of a professional.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017 - 19:37

A paid professional by redbull and iRacing who probably never played the game in anger. I see shilling works! :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 1:29

Richard Wilks wrote:
A paid professional by redbull and iRacing who probably never played the game in anger. I see shilling works! :hihi:

Dale Jr. used to rave about how realistic iRacing was on the Cup cars. But you'd rarely find him doing anything on it that wasn't a part of some event he was part of.
Back to top Go down
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 2:03

Jason Fitch wrote:
Richard Wilks wrote:

Dale Jr. used to rave about how realistic iRacing was on the Cup cars. But you'd rarely find him doing anything on it that wasn't a part of some event he was part of.

Well Scott Speed seems to enjoy it. He and his engineer worked on it in the development process. I don't think it's just saying what iracing wants to hear.

And yeah, Dale Earnhardt Jr. is not racing on iRacing anymore, but he did 417 official races on it, so I wouldn't call that rarely.

In the end, iRacing in my opinion is not as bad as everyone says. After rfactor 2 it is clearly the second best sim out there in my opinion.
I think there is a reason why lots of pros race there. I've been in races with Lando Norris, Kelvin Van der Linde, Pablo Perez Companc, Joey Gase, Rico Abreu, Donny Lia, Gino Borsoi, David Martinez, Joseph Burton-Harris, Matthew Halliday and several more. They seem to enjoy it, so it can't be that bad I guess.

Personally I just love the fact that I can race in a league whenever I want. I have a rather limited schedule. That's the reason why I switched there after race2play closed down. Meanwhile it's almost the only place I even race anymore I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 4:07

I've raced against Rubens Barrichello on 2 different occasions in the old MX-5's, both times at Summit Point. It was fun, he helped me through an issue I was having and believe it or not, he asked me how I was managing to run through the last corner faster then him. For the next day I was suddenly the "Master" of Summit Point in that car.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 5:11

Well Scott Speed seems to enjoy it. He and his engineer worked on it in the development process. I don't think it's just saying what iracing wants to hear.

I can say the exact same thing about all the "sims" out there, and even non sims. Do you want me to list you the amount of real drivers that helped with PCars2 for example?

Marketing talk is just that, talk. The rallycross is implemented so badly that it's a joke on the internet now, and i will be damn if i would ever pay a subscription for a thing that i could do a better job in 5 minutes in rfactor1.

I've raced against Rubens Barrichello on 2 different occasions in the old MX-5's, both times at Summit Point. It was fun, he helped me through an issue I was having and believe it or not, he asked me how I was managing to run through the last corner faster then him. For the next day I was suddenly the "Master" of Summit Point in that car.

So iRacing is so so good and "realistic" that you can be better than Barrichello out of the box in it? That just made my night :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 6:52

Richard Wilks wrote:
So iRacing is so so good and "realistic" that you can be better than Barrichello out of the box in it? That just made my night :hihi:

I NEVER said iRacing was "so so good and Realistic" it's not, I'm not a fan of the place, there are too many assholes who think they're the next Michael Schumacher and have the attitude of Senna and that if you're in front of them you should be pulling over and letting them past.

As far as realism goes, I dunno. I know at the moment it's the best Dirt Sim out there, which is bad considering what I see on YouTube and Dave has told me about. I know it has issues with a shit ton of stuff. I realized very quickly in what few vids I'd seen on Day 1 that GRC was a joke. Only takes a couple viewing of guys cars getting destroyed by the slightest thing to realize something is wrong there. One YT'er posted a video of what was the "World Record" Time around the Daytona Long course, problem was he sailed off the jump and landed it with no damage and was promptly assaulted in the comments about it.

BTW: My account has been inactive for over 2 years. so no I'm, not a fan.

It's not realistic, it's very terrible, BUT....if you can set aside your undying need for total realism and can find the right group of people, you can have some VERY fun races.

BBTW: I wasn't beating him, I was just getting through 1 turn out of the hundreds on iRacing quicker then he was. When I told him how, the first thing he told me was that I was burning up my tires by doing that.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 9:33

I think you misunderstood Ricardo. He was not implying you were defending iracing's realism, but rather taking your story as proof that it can't be that realistic when someone with no real racing experience can be better than a guy who has won real F1 races at the top level. It was more aimed at Jari's previous comments Smile 

And BTW I agree with Ricardo in that regard, a sim can be called realistic when a real life racing pro comes, does what he is used to and that makes him faster - instead of exploiting shortcomings of the game's engine with weird setups or driving. And conversely, when what you do in the sim you apply in a real car and you go quicker. 

Quote :
And yeah, Dale Earnhardt Jr. is not racing on iRacing anymore, but he did 417 official races on it, so I wouldn't call that rarely.

AFAIK one of the reasons that Dale quit was that iracing's continuous shuffling around with the tire model ended producing tires that were actually teaching him bad habits. He quit for sanity reasons as it was affecting badly his real life driving - which is hardly what you would expect of a sim that pretends to be a training tool for real drivers.

Quote :
It's not realistic, it's very terrible, BUT....if you can set aside your undying need for total realism and can find the right group of people, you can have some VERY fun races.

On that I do agree Smile  But so can you enjoy a game of Quake or Starwars Battlefront with the right people.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 18:15

Screw realism:

F1C. Nordschleife. WIP VLN Mod. 4 guys. Everyone an odd beer or even more spiritful drink.

Epic Night! lol!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 18:47

Sounds like you've taken a head start with the beer. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRC now a "protected blog"   PRC now a "protected blog" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PRC now a "protected blog"
Page 1 of 1