Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd]

Go down 
+31
Grant Riddall
Alberto Ibañez
Victor Alcocer
Rossetti Paolo
Chris Stephens
Simon Wattman
Raul Jereb
John Thim
Roberto Mello
Jason Fitch
David Jaques
Emmanuel Haas
François Remmen
Philippe Martinelli
Raymond Riddall
Florkin Marc
Michal Janak
Jonatan Acerclinth
David Jundt
Gérard Ryon
Yves Plaçais
Bruno Chacon
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Victor Montenegro
Mick Chapman
Pascal Mikula
Jason Whited
Cláudio Augusto
Martin Lacina
Juha Bos
Jason White
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Victor Montenegro
Club Driver
Victor Montenegro

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-06-06

Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd]   Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Oct 2017 - 20:32

Brian Janik wrote:
Victor Montenegro wrote:
It really was a great race! I took the chance I had to open a small advantage in the beginning of the race and managed to keep those 2-4 seconds for 20 laps until I found that Minardi in the way ... I thought he would give me passage through the fast line, but only me left the line from inside, with this it just add, dirty part of the track, unstable brake and the result was Dallara and Minardi were damaged!

With the car pushing to the left my consistency and speed were affected! And in the end I think it was a great race, either for lack of tests with the medium (even supposing it was better, I did not test and did not use Rolling Eyes ) , either because I am not accustomed to such long runs and because I haven't completed the last 4 races, finishing this race was something positive!

I was surprised by the problem that you had in the last corner, I had problems in the last laps, I saw the walls very close also, good thing that we escaped successfully of the accidents! :rigol:

Minardi Rage

Tried to slow and leave door wide open for you Victor. then you appeared directly in front of me backwards. Unavoidable.
Didnt seem safe or predictable for me to leave room in previous S-turns, nor did I want to surprise you by veering off line to the right on short straight. So I just let off a little early and stayed wide at turn in. 
Wish I could have helped a little more. Last race was comment about some people trying too hard to help leaders lap. I wasnt happy to be in that position in the first place, my car was already effed before you got there. Sorry your mistake caused you to have damage as well. 

same to you  Rage

I think David's request is correct to not get off the track to avoid slowing the drivers who are lapping correct, attention is needed for sure! In portugal it is totally acceptable a Backmarker on the fast line as it is a tight R. Track for some corners until it appears the chance to overtake, it is natural of there, it is even in Spain can happen like it really really happened!

What I want to bring about is that when a backmarker stays in the fast line, the driver behind does not know what the front driver will do, whether he will brake sooner or later, whether he has or hasn't seen the driver behind! and when the latecomer leaves the fast line, he clearly shows what he is going to do! (slow down)

In our accident i just have the option to throw the car on inside and hope we are thinking the same thing to avoid the contact! I was thinking that you would let me pass on the little straight continuing to move to the right while I would go to the quick part on the left, i wasn't expecting you on the fastest line when there was plenty of space to let me pass.

this is my point of view of the accident!
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd]   Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Oct 2017 - 21:13

I did indeed have a bent car, got hit in the right rear at the start. 

But to be fair, the time you ended up in the gravel you looked like you were 5 lengths behind me so decided to take the corner as normal. Only saw when I turned in that you had barked to within half a length. I clearly miss read the pace difference but I do feel going for the lapping there and not at the exit was somewhat audacious. 

In regards to my race I just tried to be predictable with an unpredictable car, not easy when it wants to veer left everywhere but, disregarding the situation with François and Simon (who tried the same thing at the same turn...), I was not involved in any major difficulties and I dragged the car to 10th.
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Club Driver
Gabriele Del Piccolo

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd]   Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Oct 2017 - 9:43

François Remmen wrote:
Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd] - Page 7 <a href=Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd] - Page 7 Pbucket" />

A truly great race of racers!

from almost the whole race we had battle for p5 with Gabriele , Martin , and Jundt
in epic fashion
A slow start , was having a light flue , still not fully recovered but woking and racing i will!
i found out my setup was not that good as in Estoril so had the benettons let go by.
from then there was never rest, with great close racing we all battle it out to the end for 2 points

but unfortunatly i trew it all away by  the AGS from Jonahtan who couldnt decide when to let the fast cars by
and got trapped in the sand 4 laps before the end  Mad think he must bend his car or lag occur cause it was tricky to get near him every time we lapped
Lag was so heavy in the early stage , and im not blaming but im pretty sure the high pingers from Brazil are debet on this but its a thing we have to cope with now and then.

my strategy was the same as estoril , start on four softs and switch to super softs on the right sides only after my stop at lap 30 also i put in enough fuel for battle for the whole race  with 195L and boost 10 i could go flatout all the time, also i was surprised the slow benetton of Juha at the end which put me back to p5. did you had some problems mate?

such a pity gabriele dropped out of the battle cause it was simply awesome driving with you on the limit
GG to all finishers and now get ready for the " Special"

Suzuka!

( will be the 1988 carrera version if you guys wanne practice already)

Thank you mate! We had a 40 laps whole battle, That's the way i like racing.. You, me and Martin always very close, many overtakes between us, but NO UNFAIR manouvers at all. Yeah that's sounds awesome!
You can all watch the show from the replay .vcr movie start to lap 43 from the rear wing camera of Francois Remmen.. It deserves, great show!
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd]   Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Oct 2017 - 19:05

Really fantastic race Gabrielle. I didn remember for such fight for 2 points. After Pocono 500 the second of the best races for me at HSO. And finally my first point in this series. Thanks HSO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd]   Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 14 - Gran Premio de Espana [Oct 22nd]
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7