Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]

Go down 
+26
Greg Hunt
Martin Lacina
Raymond Riddall
Svenja Titz
Yves Plaçais
Simon Wattman
Matthias Weber
Jonatan Acerclinth
Miroslav Havlík
Philippe Martinelli
Steve Parker
Honza Mild
David Jaques
Ben Paulet
Juha Bos
Peter Blom
Dave Simmons
Michal Janak
Petr Hlavac
Mick Chapman
Dylan Canton
David Sabre
Oyvind Andersen
Matthew Hull
Jacob Fredriksson
Richard Coxon
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jan Titz
Experienced Driver
Jan Titz

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 23:08

I really don't know what to say guys.
I can only apologize me by the whole team of HSO team and specially by Richard Coxen.  Crying or Very sad
After so many years in Simracing I make such an driving error in the race. I'm so disappointed from myself. But I will try to explain why this happened. First I use the GID Plugin for rF1 since a few races.
And I saw in race Nr.2 that the GID Plugin has a two  lap difference. I really didn't know that and normally I look always on the rF lap counter and for the rF finish flag. I really can't explain why I didn't do that in this race. Like I said the stupidest move I ever done in Simracing. If you guys want I will quit the championship and free my car.  Sad  I don't find more words for that at the moment.  pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.Racing-Association.de
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 23:11

I Had a similar thing happen to me in race 1 Matthias, went from 8th to 20th for no reason.

Good fight in the second race though.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 23:13

Go to bed, Jan. Tomorrow is an other day ! Wink
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 23:16

For those wanting to watch the broadcast it can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgGvEP2TQmQ

Cheers and sorry for yet again missing the lap-counter in the 2nd race but hopefully it'll be understandable why when you watch everything that happened in the race(s) Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Matthew Hull
Club Driver
Matthew Hull

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2017-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 23:18

Race 1 was pretty poor, I was slow in the Volvo but still managed to have a decent battle down the lower end of the grid and finish the race.

Race 2 was intriguing. Some dumb-arse driving on the formation lap after having to suddenly brake heavily, thus losing the rear end. Sorry to whoever I clipped there. Embarassed

I got a fantastic start and was well up the order. I pulled out a decent gap to the person behind me but I made a mistake and suddenly I had a train behind me. Didn't end well as Philippe ended up spinning me.

It went from bad to worse. I tapped Honza at the hairpin and then got ploughed into at the first chicane, sending me into one of the tyre stacks.

Race 2 held a lot of potential, but scuppered by some questionable driving, both by me and some others.
Back to top Go down
Dave Simmons
Club Driver

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 23:23

Started last in R1 as i didnt qualify.. finished 7th and 2nd in TC. Dylan did a fantastic job! I also enjoyed the battle with Juha but i didnt quite have enough speed to get past.

Q2: disappointing as i was a long way off my PB started 17th or 19th.

R2: had a decent start and settled behind Dylan and Oyrvind (i have probably butchered you name.. sorry) we got a little close from T1 down the hill to the left hander where in distance i see the two works Hondas. One of them decided to rejoin there and then as the three of us were going round the bend, a bend that you naturally run wide where the works honda was now situated... i think contact was made between the works and Dylans Honda and i had to avoid. Wasn't impressed with that rejoin as it could have ended in a larger unnecessary incident and secondly it spoilt what was decent 3 way battle...The independents have a title to race for too! Anyway what is done is done..

Mr Anderson defended like a super star. i was showing my nose left right and centre and eventually snuck past into the knickerbrook chicane..

Finished 10th overall and 1 in TC

Thanks for the evening again all, admin and broadcast team!
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 23:26

today too angry to myself, came home later and unplanned with kids so no time to preapare for race as i planned at morning, at the end of first race i too late reacted on brakings and tyres was behind their life and hit Honza Mild and Oyvind Andersen, I am so sorry for that and i am realy angry to myself scratch

so things was worse later again in race 2, lost many positions in race rush spun and then from end of pack fightet back thru the field than we stuck behind 2nd Peugeot and in one point i misjudged the situation in front and too late saw the early slowdonwn and there was hit #2 :doh:

so very bad day for me , zero points and 2 caused crashes :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 23:41

Richard Wilks wrote:

@P. Blom

It was my line, it was downhill, and no, i didnt have enough room on the left, unless i wanted to go out of the track and crash on my own. Just because your nose is alongside the rear bumper of someone doesnt mean that someone must back off and let you pass, specially when you are on the outside line for the next corner... anyways, its a racing incident in my book.

You went off the track a corner earlier so I could get alongside for half a car length. Racers who ignore the position of others on track and just blindly say ''it's my corner'' will always have a lot more problems then racers who do NOT ignore others on track. You HAD enough room on the left and even stay in front easily by defending the inside line for the coming left hand corner. There would be no problem at all. Think of that please, it makes racing so much better.

Also it is beyond me why you drive like that against a teammate who on this track (like yo said you did not practice) is so much faster. When you passed me half a lap earlier you drove into my side as well like I was not there. Really beyond me and not good tactics.
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 23:46

Michal Janak wrote:
today too angry to myself, came home later and unplanned with  kids so no time to preapare for race as i planned at morning,  at the end of first race i too late reacted on brakings and tyres was behind their life and hit Honza Mild and Oyvind Andersen, I am so sorry for that and i am realy angry to myself scratch

so things was worse later again in race 2, lost many positions in race rush spun and then from end of pack fightet back thru the field than we stuck behind 2nd Peugeot and in one point i misjudged the situation in front and too late saw the early slowdonwn and there was hit #2 :doh:

I do not think you hit me Smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 23:53

Points and results are up.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 23:56

That first race was a desaster....

Spun on lap 2 and i got an unavoidable hit, lost rear wing.
Then crashed again later while trying to get up the field.
Went to pits for repair, forgot to activate the limiter and forgot to disable refueling...
Had a stop/go for speeding, went in next lapt and i got my penalty and changed tires again cheers

Second race went well, almost as expexted. Had a nice fight with Ray, who was a little bit faster, but couldn't pass me :top:

Edit: nice, event got DNF instead of 4th place in the second heat Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 0:03

@Matthias: Got the log file? Hand it in to get your position hopefully back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 0:05

If you look Matthias, you got points for 4th.

We will edit the XML later to show you in 4th later.

Please investigate before you go accusing implying we ignored you.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 4:01

Results of Heat 2 have been corrected per Mr. Coxon's request Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 8:06

may i also say in Peter's defence, yes... it was a bit of a agressive rejoin, but it wasn't race ending for me. not even sure if i had that much damage from it (or at least enough to slow me down). I ended my race because my game was stuttering and freezing

was a interesting accident, just taking out all Honda's
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 8:08

Oyvind Andersen wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:
today too angry to myself, came home later and unplanned with  kids so no time to preapare for race as i planned at morning,  at the end of first race i too late reacted on brakings and tyres was behind their life and hit Honza Mild and Oyvind Andersen, I am so sorry for that and i am realy angry to myself scratch

I do not think you hit me Smile

yeah it was Mick Chapman Sad
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 8:49

Richard Coxon wrote:
If you look Matthias, you got points for 4th.

We will edit the XML later to show you in 4th later.

Please investigate before you go accusing implying we ignored you.

Sorry if it sounded that way, that was nothing against you or HSO. Just impressed how buggy rFactor after 11 years still is... But has to be expected, as ISI put no effort into some evolution.

Thanks for the coverage! Thanks also for correcting the Result!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 9:11

AS Monaco won, about racing : no comment. lol!
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 9:55

Oulton was another race without training. My simracing return, isnt still appropriate as i wish.

Quali was 0,5 s behind my PB which i made 20 minutes before i connect to server, but what i needed was quick time during race.

Race
I think it was not bad, because Mick, Dave, Oyvind had + - same times. But again rfactor made same error like before (which i was thinking it was solved) - quit program to the Windows bar, then I've returned again with quick mouse move, and then refresh program to full screen, but it was cca 2-3 sec and my position was lost. Thank god that nobody was hurt by me. At the end of race i catch Mick and was prepared for attack, but Michal "solved" the situation for both, Mick and me, and i was happy that my car was driveable and saw finish line.

Second race
My curse of second races was again here.... Somebody hit my back and pushed me into the very, very, very deep sand. Frustrating...again...again not my fault. 12 sec loss. Than another great move by curse... rfactor error, another loss, nobody hurts. My frustration was complete 4 laps before end, when i kiss concrete tires and made some suspension damage and puncture, with great effort I bring the car to the finish line.

Some points...ok...but no fun...i hope another race will be better!

Gratz to podium!!!

Thank you HSO for racing, thank you broadcasting team for your excellent work, and see you at the Snetterton.

PS: sorry, my english is bad Suspect
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 11:29

Richard Coxon wrote:

website is down no ?
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 11:36

Q1: I managed to push the old Cavalier round in 1:42.7 which was the fastest I'd gone and good enough for 10th on the grid.
R1: An average start and then managed to move past Yves and I was running about 6th or 7th until until approaching island bend when a spinning Nissan (Matthias Weber) spun into my path and I hit it hard. I thought that would be race over but my car continued although damaged. Then some good tense racing with Petr Hlavac and Dylan Canton until my car started to get a bit loose and then clipping a curb on the final lap dropped me three places.

Q2: A 1:42.4 qualified me in 11th and again the fastest independent. I could not get near that time in training.
R2: A poor start saw me fall back into the pack and at Cascades I was in the middle 3 wide as the gap closed which sent me off in the inside barrier knocking out the engine. Race over.

A good event and a much better Oulton Park track.
Now to watch the youtube coverage. Thanks guys. :top:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 11:36

Greg Goissen wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:

website is down no ?
Its working for me but very slow.
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 13:09

Sorry to Dylan. One of my few stupid mistakes at HSO so far. I lost my head a little bit after the Honda crash and was in too much haste to rejoin and due to the curving of the long corner I could not see traffic very well. My bad. I enjoyed driving the Honda without rear wing though! I did a 1.40.900 after the incident Surprised
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 13:14

Peter Blom wrote:
I braked very late to pass him, Greg did as well and gave me a little nudge from behind which was just enough to put me on the grass.

No no , I didn t touch you , was so close but I didn t , watch the replay .
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 16:40

deepest apologies everyone for not announcing my absence.  that storm was way longer than forecast, started plowing tues at 1am, didnt make it home till wed at 7pm.  i've resisted, but first time in a long time i wish i had internet on my phone ;P

dave

PS> for what its worth, jan took a swipe at me after race heat 1 at silverstone (but i saw him coming and swerved out of the way and watched him fly by). certainly after the race, it wouldnt matter, but if you do things like this on a regular basis it only increases the chances of making a mistake (like miscounting laps) and ruining an actual race. maybe taking a more mature approach, like using words instead of actions and actually discussing an issue, would be more sensible and eliminate the possibility of this kind of mistake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]   Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 -  Oulton Park International [Mar 15th]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next