Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]

Go down 
+38
Jason White
Chris Stephens
Peter Blom
Philippe Martinelli
Matthias Weber
David Sabre
Petr Hlavac
Greg Hunt
David Jaques
Gérard Ryon
Gianluca Desposito
Vincent Beretta
Didier Conjeaud
Raymond Riddall
David Jundt
Michal Janak
Alberto Ibañez
Mick Chapman
Jason Fitch
Emmanuel Haas
Michael Drechsler
Brian Janik
Raul Jereb
Sebastian Vignone
Steve Parker
Paulo Rodrigues
Rossetti Paolo
Karel Marciniszyn
Florkin Marc
Jonatan Acerclinth
François Remmen
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Ludovic Tiengou
Yves Plaçais
Jan Kowalski
Juha Bos
Martin Lacina
Richard Coxon
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 0:56

Juha Bos wrote:
I'm surprised that Alfa made it to your car without breaking down. lol!

lol! yeah gearbox would have gone after half a lap. :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Emmanuel Haas
Club Driver

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 3:00

Present
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 3:22

:conduit: :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 5:12

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 9:23

Richard Coxon wrote:

You have a new upgrade which gives you more engine power. The most important thing at Imola. One of the Modena's may make the grid too thanks to its Lamborghini power.

What's the use of power when your car can't delivered it safely?
Because the Ligier is a nightmare in corners. It's the worst car I ever had with a major flaw: a massive oversteering from apex to end. Every thing I hate in a car. Add to that a car snapping erratically in the enter of Tamburello

With little time to train (I prefer to train in series where I'll surely be sure to participate at the race such as WEC) "A l'impossible nul n'est tenu"
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 9:57

Setup changes will help cure oversteer. 

I understand your position about not wanting to practice, as you would rather practice for other championships due to your little faith in your car. Then ask yourself, do you really want to keep the Ligier? If you are not going to practice much there may be someone who is prepared to practice more from the waiting list. It might be fairer to let them try.

You don't have to give up your car, but it's just something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 14:14

Richard Coxon wrote:
Setup changes will help cure oversteer. 

I've tried. But nothing works but adding more wing. But then I'm loosing so much vMax the set don't help me to improve my laptime. Actually I've got the choice between a fast but unstable car or a car less unstable but way too slow. Ourobouros at work here geek

Quote :
I understand your position about not wanting to practice, as you would rather practice for other championships due to your little faith in your car. Then ask yourself, do you really want to keep the Ligier? If you are not going to practice much there may be someone who is prepared to practice more from the waiting list. It might be fairer to let them try.

You don't have to give up your car, but it's just something to think about.

If I want to keep it? yes. If I like it? no. Nevertheless I don't planned to change for another one. It's the same as with the Eagle-Chevy last year in USAC. I've been given a car for the season, I stick with it. It's a bad one. So I have to do what I can with it.
The catch is that I was sure to qualify with the Chevy (well not at Indy but I manage to do it). Also the Chevy had some cards to play during the race. I've just not real deal properly with them during the season.
But, with the Ligier, it's different. We need to qualify. But, to qualify for sure, I've to spend as much time as I did for Phoenix (more than a thousand laps). It's a luxury I had no more.
The problem is that I want to race. It doesn't bother me to race with a bad car. But, considering the car and my driving skills, it will be all the year a miracle to do it in F1 (but to sacrifice all others series where I'm sure to race. It will be a very stupid thing to do.)

I don't understand what you mean though. I should give up the car but not giving it up scratch Sorry my english isn't good enough to understand all the subtleties
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 15:03

Quote :
But then I'm loosing so much vMax the set don't help me to improve my laptime

Don't be fooled by top speed figures. Racing is all about ellapsed times, and the turn exit speed of fast corners is way more important than the absolute top speed at the end of the straight.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 15:08

just digging into the tonns of paperwork of the lamborghini specs

the car has a hughes oil tank aswell cause the engine uses alot of it
im not sure how duke did it but he combined this with the engine somehow and
maybe this explains why steve blew up 2 times in a row and ludo has problems with the heavy weight it brings along
Also the rev hud of rfactor cannot be trusted whit this mod only the revcounter of the dashboard of the car itself!

there are many youtube video people driving this car and they can make it fast its just takes hours of training
realy like to see how fast Greg can make this car cause then it would shown to us the possible pace of it
as i liked it aswell back in the days during development , mosty of the sound!

Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 16:49

You changed something major on the track over the '92 version, didn't you?
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 17:25

Michael Drechsler wrote:
You changed something major on the track over the '92 version, didn't you?

no mate
i just used another track as a base , the one from the 1988 trackpack carrera made
as it is the most accurate version to date of historic Imola for rfactor and much better textures

back in my f1sr days he dindnt release this track so we forced to use the 94 Imola track

infact it took him 10years to make all 16tracks! for the (1988 season)
most of his tracks i m using as a base for the 91trackpack
in other words his tracks are the holy grail of the 80s early 90s era
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 17:41

Ah okay.

Because all feedback I get from steering is how the scenery is moving, the rest is a complete indiscernable mush. Except for hitting the curbs. The steering feedback on the '92 version was better, although its never great with my wheel, but now I have no idea at all what's happening.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 18:02

deleting HAT files will help
and reset ffb to 100% and FULL
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 19:51

Thanks to Greg I've found why I had so little vMax.
My throttle pedal was only working along 75% of its course.
In fact, between Phoenix and Donnington in BTCC, I try to solve some brake pedal issue (which I did). BUT, by doing so, I've decalibrated all my basic settings in the G27 software. As a result, all my cars were then less nimble and loosed up to 10 kph in top speed. Now I know why my Cavalier was so out of pace at Donington. It explains also (at least partly) why I was so far behind Steve at Interlagos and so close at Phoenix.
With the problem solved I managed to find 10kph more on the car. And the laptime see the difference. From a 1.34.4, I managed to do a 1.30.4. With power back also came the hope back.
Now i could hope for qualification. Just had to do some modifications on the set to get ride of the oversteering I'm now encountering.

There's still a lot of work to do to found back my good wheel's settings. But at least I've founded back the power of the car.

By the way I loved what you did of Imola François. It's gorgeous. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 20:44

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 20:47

I'm glad you've been able to solve the issue Ludo. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 20:55

something bad on my wheel, the right padle for shift UP many times missed the shift, so changed microswitch today for new one but still sometimes the gearbox didnt shift UP

so the worse part of repair left, find which one from the thin wire is bad Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2017 - 21:47

Richard Coxon wrote:
I'm glad you've been able to solve the issue Ludo. :clap:

Thanks Richard :hello:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2017 - 13:29

little of testing

RF mod F1 1991 60FPS stable

VLN mod for endurance 30 AI on start OK but when there started crashes and many debris on track the FPS fall down

Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Tripletest
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2017 - 13:35

Michal Janak wrote:
little of testing

Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Tripletest

I like your setup!! Very DIY gnomish tinkerer friendly!
What graphic card are you using, or, how are you spliting the picture to 3 monitors?

Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2017 - 13:48

GTX750Ti 2GB GDR5 CPU Intel Core2 quad Q9400 @2,66GHz 6GB RAM
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2017 - 14:05

Michal Janak wrote:
GTX750Ti 2GB GDR5   CPU Intel Core2 quad Q9400 @2,66GHz  6GB RAM

Since Im unfamiliar with modern technologies, my PC dates from 2008 (I think), could you enlight me: are you connecting all monitros into the graphic card? Or you have an adapter? How does that work. Few years ago I was "following" some cards with "eyefinity" option, but never got that far to own them, and I really hope my wife will allow me to buy a new pc within next year, and I need to know how can I make 3 monitors display as cheap as possible...

thank you
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2017 - 14:23

Raul Jereb wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:
GTX750Ti 2GB GDR5   CPU Intel Core2 quad Q9400 @2,66GHz  6GB RAM

Since Im unfamiliar with modern technologies, my PC dates from 2008 (I think), could you enlight me: are you connecting all monitros into the graphic card? Or you have an adapter? How does that work. Few years ago I was "following" some cards with "eyefinity" option, but never got that far to own them, and I really hope my wife will allow me to buy a new pc within next year, and I need to know how can I make 3 monitors display as cheap as possible...

thank you

my PC is outdated too, MB and CPU are 2nd hand one only VGA is new, is capable of 3 VGA work together and in NVIDIA penl there is Surround option to setup more monitors to work as 1 big
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2017 - 14:50

look watch learn , listen to the gearing setup he uses
i always use these onboards as a template for setup my gearing, well try to , you car will be more stable taking some corners higher for example piratella in 4th aqua minerale in 3rd

man if this race was dry i would add shadows and then tamburello realy looked grimm..
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2017 - 18:07

Chicane at top of hill (Variante Alta) feels more open in that video! Faster exit!!
Old onboard footage is great! Cameras seemed less refined and retained all the vibrations. New cars/circuits cant be as smooth as modern footage appears? If so, Boring!

@ Janak love all the scattered monitors! I need this too! Awesome you can concentrate like that!! For a real challenge you should shuffle them or turn on side bounce affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]   Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Gran Premio Di San Marino [Feb 5th]
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next