Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)

Go down 
+22
Martin Lacina
Mick Chapman
Lewis Stephens
Ben Paulet
Jonatan Acerclinth
Sky Willis
Jason Fitch
Bob Holada
Petr Hlavac
Juha Bos
Scott Urick
Lee Simpson
David Sabre
Bob Wilson
Michael Drechsler
Jacob Fredriksson
Richard Coxon
Jan Kowalski
Jukka Närhi
Dana Schurer
Alberto Ibañez
Jason White
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-15

Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2016 - 22:03

Very good race...Juha, you are a fighter..never had so much fun in a long time.  Thanks to everyone who works so hard to give us these races. Patrick Racing did OK today.  To bad I will have to start the 500 from the back...I had problems getting on the server and missed qualifying. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2016 - 22:03

Well, another oval race to forget. The car just wasn't fast enough and i wasn't good enough. I gained some positions after the penultimate restart. But the last one was a disaster. First, i was over optimistic in the last turn and went a little more than wheel to wheel with Jan, but without consequences. But then Alan made a move to the inside. I was three wide in the middle. I guess Jan thought the the "car low" message was for Alan, but i was still there too. We touched, he went into the wall, i lost all positions i gained and ended up last. Sorry for the contact. No matter how i like to watch oval racing, i suck when it comes to driving.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2016 - 22:06

Michael Drechsler wrote:

Richard Wilks wrote:
Well i just circulated around, it seems my setup doesnt like too many restarts and i lost force feedback as i did in the 1991 F1 race. So i just cruised to the finish. I guess i better try to extract a bit more out of the car for the 500 :hum:

Assign a key on your keyboard with the 'reset FFB' option. That should do it. Had problems with the RealFeel plugin, though, if that one fails midrace, it can't be reset.

Well thats what failed, so no joy, i tried to reset it to no avail Sad
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2016 - 22:17

That was fun!

After ditching a Foyt engined ride I finally got the engine I wanted, the Offy. I qualified a bit slower than I wanted but 13th is better than what I'd done before.

I failed to tag my wagon onto the leading train at the start and gradually fell back. There was a short fight with Petr Hlvac until I messed up T4 and got trashed by Petr, and subsequently by Jan Kowalski as well. Bob Wilson closed the gap too but I opened it up again.

When I entered the pits I was in seventh place, at the exit I was overtaken by Bob who'd stopped earlier. The next caution meant I could catch Bob and we had a good scrap to the line, with Bob in sixth place and me in seventh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2016 - 22:28

Petr Hlavac wrote:
First, i was over optimistic in the last turn and went a little more than wheel to wheel with Jan, but without consequences. But then Alan made a move to the inside. I was three wide in the middle. I guess Jan thought the the "car low" message was for Alan, but i was still there too. We touched, he went into the wall, i lost all positions i gained and ended up last. Sorry for the contact. No matter how i like to watch oval racing, i suck when it comes to driving.

Lost my left front suspension in that fight at the last turn (already had damages on both FR, RR). I tried to take turn 1 close to you, but with all the damage the car went a little bit more to the inside than expected, and you were nearer than i thought too and a little bit off the white line on the inside. Well it was very unfortunate. Hopefully we have a better 200 Lap race next time :top:

The race so far went well with the M16C. I had a almighty setup (Thanks to Bob Wilson), and could easily built up pace as the fuel burnt down. Only massive problems to follow a car during a corner. I lost a lot of grip everytime and had to back off. So i had to choose a different line to use my straight line speed to overtake.
I started at the back of the grid (due to my Q problems, rFactor crash when pressing Exit "to garage") and had some close fights all over the race. Near end of the race i slammed into the wall following the other Gulf McLaren and damaged the right hand side of the car. From then on, it was very difficult and ended with that contact.

Perhaps next sunday there will be a possible better result.

Last edited by Jan Kowalski on Sun 16 Oct 2016 - 22:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2016 - 22:29

That was a good race with lots of overtaking even if it got a little close at times. I need to work on my restarts as I was getting overtaken at each one. I fell to about sixth on the final restart but the car was good enough to fight back and take a win (or is that pole).
Was the Simon Wattman car using qualy boost as it came past everyone with a much quicker top speed and was the first car to pit. :hum:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2016 - 23:39

Results and points are up
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Simon Wattman
Experienced Driver
Simon Wattman

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2016 - 0:23

I joined the server late and totally missed the qualy engine thing Embarassed :doh: pale

Also sorry to David Jaques for pit exit :smil20:

I should be DQ for this event :regl: :papy:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2016 - 8:08

Quite stressing these sprint races, but fun, and I have learned on the way some important things regarding the setup.

My car was slower at the start (Hence me losing several positions on cold tires), but a rocket from mid to end of the fuel tank, yet I didn't seem to be able to get back all distance I had lost in the first laps of each stint :hum: People were drafting each other away from me, and when you lose that train on such a power track it's hard to get back to the top even if you have a quicker ride. Dana was again very lucky with her pit stop, when I saw the yellow just the lap after she pitted I thought myself that would end her race, but nope. After that pit stop I pressed hard and caught the leaders again, then at the penultimate corner Jason slid upwards and pushed Dana outside, and I found myself in the perfect position for the oportunistic move and stole their wallet :D

Now I will have to spend some time setting up the car better for the 500 miler study
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2016 - 8:19

Indeed, what a "nice" move from Jason on Dana. It deserves a bouquet of flowers. Razz
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2016 - 9:15

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Lost my left front suspension in that fight at the last turn.

Yeah, that was a stupid move, i apologize.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2016 - 9:19

Ben Paulet wrote:
Indeed, what a "nice" move from Jason on Dana. It deserves a bouquet of flowers. Razz

Yeah, that "move" was 100% unintentional; my car just slid up the track as I tried to hold the inside line.
My apologies to Dana for a clumsy end to what was a great battle. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Lee Simpson
Club Driver

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2015-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2016 - 15:19

Heat 1:  Really enjoyed the racing.  Let's admit it, I'm not the fastest sled on the slope, so generally I like long tracks and long races as they allow me more time to work a points paying strategy.  Forty laps? Hmmm.

The first half of the race was calm around me but after a perfectly timed mid race yellow (two actually) things started to heat up. In the last few laps, running 9th,  I caught and passed fellow Eagle/Offy driver, Michal for 8th. I then started closing on Raul while dreaming of a satisfying 7th place finish. Last lap: I caught Raul's draft down the back straight to get close and remained close through T3 and closer into T4. I fought getting loose out of T4 and then gained draft speed and finally pulled out for the pass.  Heart pounding and hands sweating I lowered in the seat hoping to reduce the 191 mph wind resistance. Alas, it wasn't to be as Raul beat me to the line.

Congrats to Raul for fine 7th place finish and thanks to the Admins for putting on this amazing event.

(at the finish: closing on Raul but it was, too little, too late)
Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Hso_ca11

Last edited by Lee Simpson on Mon 17 Oct 2016 - 15:45; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2016 - 15:36

Jason White wrote:
Ben Paulet wrote:

Yeah, that "move" was 100% unintentional; my car just slid up the track as I tried to hold the inside line.
My apologies to Dana for a clumsy end to what was a great battle. Embarassed

Don't blame yourself Jason, Dana did come down the track into you just as much as you slid up (Very little) It was a racing incident.
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2016 - 15:40

I lacked some speed down the straights so I couldn't quite run with the leading trio before the pitstops. I stopped one lap too late actually, reaching my stall on fumes. 40 gallons of fuel, right-side tyres and slight wing adjustment later I had gained three places, only to watch Richard Coxon soon fly past in his superior 73.

Scott beat me on a restart and I couldn't get close enough to try any serious moves after that. As much as I don't like cautions, the late yellows may have helped me retain third place, Pascal was running very strong in his McLaren there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)   Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 9-10 - Ontario (Oct 16th)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4