Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)

Go down 
+33
Richard Wilks
David Jaques
David Jundt
Jan Titz
Pascal Le pihive
David Sabre
Florkin Marc
Greg Hunt
Steve Parker
Jonatan Acerclinth
Philippe Martinelli
Ben Paulet
Mick Chapman
François Remmen
Gérard Ryon
Petr Hlavac
Raymond Riddall
Raul Jereb
Yves Plaçais
Vincent Beretta
Mike Becnel
Michal Janak
Jan Kowalski
Jason Fitch
Didier Conjeaud
Richard Coxon
Paulo Rodrigues
Dana Schurer
Matthias Weber
Jacob Fredriksson
Emmanuel Haas
Martin Lacina
Jason White
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2016 - 22:28

First of all, it was very touch race. With all these corners it is difficult to hit every apex and so it was a hard race for the tyres and the hands. Well done to greg :cowboy2:  and all finishers.
I missed the start a little bit and was 4th behind a McLaren until i could get around up the hill on Lap 3 or so. So i had a gap to Petr Hlavac and Greg, both in front of me. Petr spun a couple of laps later so it got me position 2. I manged to maintain a 2 second advantage to Petr. In the following laps until the mid of the race i tried to keep the tyres alive. From mid race on i started to push a little bit and with lapping a lot of cars the gap decresed to Greg. I had some hairy moments while lapping but i think that it´ll be better next races when there is more space on track.
The smallest gap to greg was 4,5 sec when many cars had to be lapped. I nearly could smell the villinger kiel cigars :cowboy:  but i think i could have not close the gap even if the lapping werent difficult.
In the end, a podium :second:  is good result for the first race with the Tyrrell. It will be interesting to see the upcoming fast tracks and so the battles.
Very happy about the result of the second Tyrrell :top: with both cars finishing in the points.
See you at HSO :champ:

Last edited by Jan Kowalski on Sun 3 Apr 2016 - 22:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2016 - 22:30

I apologize to all which i got into the contact. Especially to Mike Chapman. I lost a control under my car in the fast corner across the hill and i stay next to the track. When i returned back i didn see Mike as he went around. When i tried to return back he hitted me a little bit and lost front wing and had to retire. I apologize again.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2016 - 22:31

David Jundt wrote:
Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
I think the Renault will be more and more competitive,

Lol wat

Can you pass me that weed, Jacob? I wanna feel high too xD

I think you might mix up teams here, as the Renault stays the same over the season imo.
 Anderstorp, Paul Ricard, Hockenheim, Osterreichring, Monza and Watkins Glen is turbo country, no?  Wink

Really great job, Jan! Congratulations! Gregoire's form is persistent, congrats to him too of course!
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2016 - 22:55

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:

but what i was unhappy whole race was Dana Schurer,  i was lap behind but with better pace and he blocked

Michale, Dana is a lady Wink
:smil20:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2016 - 23:01

Results and points are up

ANTHEMS :D

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2016 - 23:11

bright point of the race are my new DIY pedals , especialy the Load Cell brake pedal, much much better feeling than soft old one, why i din't make them sooner?
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2016 - 23:25

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:

Anderstorp, Paul Ricard, Hockenheim, Osterreichring, Monza and Watkins Glen is turbo country, no?  Wink

In the last few races, people could easily keep up with my turbo-powered car in a straight line, so I am not that sure if a few straights like Anderstorp really make a difference.

But still, the car won't receive an update that improves the handling a bit.

After this race, I might just use softs for the rest of the season since the car feels so much better on them. But that will come at the expense of a lap Sad

On hards, the car hates every turn it takes.

I'll also miss Hockenheim if the race goes ahead on the Le Mans weekend, what a shame. Won't be able to see if I could actually pull a podium off by myself, especially now that there's more competition because "The Jans" in a Tyrrell&Wolf, expected regulars for the Top 10 Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Dana Schurer
Experienced Driver
Dana Schurer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 0:07

Not a great race but my first top ten in this series. Between that and the schedule moving on to fast tracks that better suit the Ligier, things are looking up.

I found myself with rear right suspension damage at the start after being held up by a slow-starting car ahead and rear-ended. Not bad, though...steering centered to 1 o'clock and the rear got a bit twitchy in fast turns. Having fallen to the back on the start, I settled in to the task of keeping it on track, making up a few spots early on, then waiting for attrition to do its thing. I got a few good multi-lap battles with faster cars that had fallen down the order after pitstops so I'm thankful for those chances to actually race for position after the lonely runs I had in Brazil and Belgium.
Michal Janak wrote:
but what i was unhappy whole race was Dana Schurer,  i was lap behind
You hit me several times while attempting impossible inside passes so I covered the inside to avoid getting wrecked out. :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 0:18

Back to top Go down
Didier Conjeaud
Club Driver
Didier Conjeaud

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 0:48

Absent de chez moi entre Mercredi et Dimanche 19h....autant dire que je n'avais quasiment aucune préparation pour cette course. En plus je n'aime pas le tracé.....J'ai donc roulé sans prise de risque et avec une lotus 79, ça fait quand même un nouveau top 10...c'est sur qu'avec des tracés rapides à venir , la Lotus et moi-même devraient mieux respirer ...A Hockenheim en particulier, sauf si c'est le même WE que les 24h du Mans

Enfin un grand bravo à Greg........ :hello: ......heureusement qu'il n'a pas ma voiture .... :D
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 1:35

Martin Lacina wrote:
I apologize to all which i got into the contact. Especially to Mike Chapman. I lost a control under my car in the fast corner across the hill and i stay next to the track. When i returned back i didn see Mike as he went around. When i tried to return back he hitted me a little bit and lost front wing and had to retire. I apologize again.

No appology needed, not from you anyway... I saw yellow flag but did not drive accordingly.....Sorry for ending your race.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 3:10

Simple goal: Dont finish last. Achieved!

Soon thereafter I mated briskly with the wall to the left of the main straight as I drifted over the curb under acceleration. Trashed all 4 sides of the car and lost a wheel. Race over and no tears shed. That track is a major pain in the butt.

Grats to Greg and entire podium. Nicely done by all the other cars lapping me while I lasted.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 3:36

Screenies up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1138
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 4:36

Mick Chapman wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
Icontinuedgize to all which i got into the contact. Especially to Mike Chapman. I lost a control under my car in the fast corner across the hill and i stay next to the track. When i returned back i didn see Mike as he went around. When i tried to return back he hitted me a little bit and lost front wing and had to retire. I apologize again.

No appology needed, not from you anyway... I saw yellow flag but did not drive accordingly.....Sorry for ending your race.

Its ok. I didnt retire after our collision but i think my car wasnt in 100% condition.The most stupid thinks i did is my pitstop at the end of the race. Because i saw that my tyres are totally demaged i decided for one pitstop because 11th was 1min behind me but in box i spent a lot of time. Maybe a lot of repair needed after several collisions. So when i went out of the box i overheated my engine and its flame up when i left the pitlane. :doh:
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 8:35

4th race in a row on 4th place - but this time i'm satisfied.

Was glad in the qualifying to match Jonatan's speed, after getting that late drive and no chance to practice earlier than 1 hour before the race.

Start wasn't good, but that Ferrari in front of me completely missed it, so I lost some places, which allowed me to avoid that big chaos in Lap 1 seeing me on P7 after it :hum:

After Jan Titz threw his car into the barriers, I could smell points for the first time this year.
I was slightly catching Jean-Marie and David Jaques and a bigger gap behind me helped to save some tires.

But the last quarter of the race was strange. Philippe Martinelli was a little bit faster, but one lap down. He was fighting for the last point, he was overtaking and lapping cars, I was lapping him and then the leaders were lapping us all...
I almost lost 10 Seconds to David Jaques because of that, but I didn't want to do something dumb, so I lived with it.

Some laps later his tires were done for, so I got him in the end.

The last laps I seemed to have gearbox problems, couldn't switch to 6th gear any more, and sometimes it double-shifted from 3rd to first gear. Never had that before, didn't even think that was possible in rFactor.
So at the end, rear left tire completely wrecked, 5% engine left (startet only with 30) and gearbox issues, I very happy with P4.

Thank you for the good live-streaming, a pleasure to watch, again. cheers
(watching that, I could see, that some guys had another interpretation of the "track limits")

I don't know if I can get a drive again next race, if not perhaps I can help with live coverage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 8:49

Indeed, I was a little bit disappointed to see the track limit not respected too.
2 wheels have to stay inside the white lines. :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Roman Koranda
Club Driver
Roman Koranda

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 9:26

Ben Paulet wrote:
Indeed, I was a little bit disappointed to see the track limit not respected too.

Unfortunately, some pilots have been doing it in qualifying.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 9:47

Another chance to drive the Ferrari, I wasn't expecting much at the twisty Jarama track. I spent quite a bit of time learning the track and high downforce seemed to be the only way to make the Ferrari (reasonably) quick. I thought that I would qualify mid 1:18s but at the end of session I managed a 1:17.810 good enough for 9th on the grid. The car felt quick with full tanks and hard tyres and I was hoping for a good run. As someone discod at the start I thought that we would wait for them to rejoin so when the lights turned green I was still in neutral :doh: . The first lap crash got me back up to 10th and then a 3 to 5 way fight which ended first with me spinning and then catching back up only to lose it on the exit curb at the final corner and into the crash barrier. After repairs that was really my race over but I just kept on pushing and the car was quick, not as quick as the leaders but certainly as fast as any of the second group of cars.

:champ: Congrats to Greg, Jan & Petr.

I've uploaded the setting that I used to the setup page.

Last edited by David Sabre on Mon 4 Apr 2016 - 11:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 10:05

Ben Paulet wrote:

Drivers exceeded those White lines in the real race. It has always been the same at Jarama.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 17:57

Indeed tons of fun last night till mid race when my Hard tires completely were destroyed and engine gave the ghost.

think Villeneuve would be proud !

:D :D :D
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 19:04

Le starter m’a surpris, je pensais qu’il y aurait un autre départ en raison de la déco de Vincent… Surprised

J’ai décollé en retard et j’ai perdu 3 places (comme d’habitude…), classé 6ème  avec un PB en qualif comme à Zolder, mais cela ne me sert à rien… Quelques virages après le départ je tombe sur un multi-accrochages, je percute David J. et casse mon aileron avant… :aie:

40 secondes de réparation, je sors des stands en 25ème position, avec la rage et la ferme intention de remonter au classement.  J’attaque autant que possible et remonte 15ème quand j’arrive sur la valeureuse Dana… :hello:
8 tours à chercher le moyen de dépasser sa Ligier, pourtant moins rapide que mon Arrows (sauf sur la ligne droite). Il a fallu passer un peu en force avec la crainte de casser du bois  :cowboy2:  …
Il me semble que ta résistance est un peu inutile car je pense que tu nous as fait perdre du temps à tous les deux, mais tu ne cherchais peut-être qu’à t’amuser et moi je n’avais pas envie de jouer… Rolling Eyes

Au 55ème tour je suis à la porte du petit point de la course, derrière Ray, j’ai tenté un dépassement limite et je suis parti en tête-à-queue :yaa: … Sans dommage pour nous deux heureusement… Mais le plus difficile c’est que Mathias, David et Yves me repassent devant. Tout à refaire alors que j’en avais bavé pour les dépasser quelques tours plus tôt. Mais je suis reparti à l’abordage et j’ai réussi à revenir derrière Ray et lui ravir la 6ème place… Merci à tous pour ces bonnes bagarres. :top:

Ce petit point de la 6ème place m’a fait un plaisir fou, même si je le dois un peu aux abandons de Jacob et Gérard dans les derniers tours… Un peu de chance qui vient compenser les accrochages dans le premier ou deuxième tour dont je ne suis pour rien dans 3 des 7 Grand-Prix déjà disputés de ce championnat… J’ai sans doute fait hier soir une de mes courses les plus exaltantes depuis que je fais du simracing chez HSO  :banane: .

Mon Arrows valait une ou deux places de mieux je pense, mais je me contente de ce précieux  petit point chèrement gagné  Very Happy .

Bravo Greg Jan et Petr  :top: et tous les autres (magnifique de voir 28 participants à la 7ème course de l'année... :top: )

Merci pour le broadcast et les photos, superbe travail  cheers
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 19:15

François Remmen wrote:
Indeed tons of fun last night till mid race when my Hard tires completely were destroyed and engine gave the ghost.

think Villeneuve would be proud !

:D :D :D

But I am curious to hear what you were thinking on lap 1...
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 19:38

Can you somebody advise me how i find out during pit box how many times i must to wait for rejoining the race? I have two times problem that i cannot reveal the ending of the pitstop. I rev the engine when i thought that it is ending but not. I waited and waited and maybe after 1minute i can rejoin but after that a temperature of the engine was to high so when i got to the track engine blows up. Is there some signal when i can to rev the engine and start? Thank a lot.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 20:07

When time pit stop timer stops you can go.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2016 - 20:31

I dont see any timer during pitstop. Is there some shortcut to show it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)   Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - Jarama (Apr 3rd)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next