Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)

Go down 
+30
Jan Titz
Pascal Le pihive
David Jaques
Karel Marciniszyn
Honza Mild
Dylan Canton
Mick Chapman
Ole Marius Myrvold
Greg Hunt
Petr Hlavac
Raymond Riddall
Jean-louis Petillot
James Knowles
Pascal Mikula
Raul Jereb
Steve Parker
Gérard Ryon
Alberto Ibañez
Ben Paulet
François Remmen
Roberto Mello
Cláudio Augusto
Jason Fitch
Richard Coxon
Ronald Toolooze
Dana Schurer
Yves Plaçais
David Jundt
Mike Becnel
Jason White
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 9:29

Quote :
Wound up outside the guardrail and maneuvered my way to the back straight...was a 3:01.xx lap, but car was relatively undamaged..

Pity it happened-I think I could have figured in the top 6 here subtracting all my errors.

But that is racing...

We should award bonus points for stylish stunts in the races. James gets them this time lol!
Back to top Go down
Peter Lengyel
Club Driver

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 9:47

I joined the race in a bit tired. I tried the car yesterday, and it felt absolutely great. It was the 1st time I did a whole race with a classic Porsche. It's sad that a few people had disconnections and mismatches. I had a few mistakes, but I felt comfortable with the car in almost every situation.

Mike, I hope I did everything well for the start procedure. From my view, it seemed the closing up was okay. It was the first time I did anything like that. I was excited Smile

It was a great race, I would like to congratulate to everyone who managed to finish, and to say thank you to HSO for the organisation of this classic race. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 10:38

Forget to "don't repair" the car,    :doh:
190 seconde of wait in the pits, and  a frozen screen in
grats to Jan with the 914 :clap:  and Peter on the RSR :top:
20 Km/h slower than Greg, affraid  7 km/h than Jan and David  :antoine:
and 6 Km/h than Ray with the samecar (335 for 342) Idont know Why ? scratch
Impossible to fight correctly with some long long part of oval like Daytona
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 11:00

Daytona, I love you. Very Happy
I had some "problems" in the parade lap, one of my cats wanted absolutely to hug me on my legs. So I was not ready when the parade started. I was fighting against him the entire parade lap, so I was not focused on that lap, there the reason why I was a little bit chaotic during that lap.
After it was only happiness for me. Great firsts laps for the 4th place, we were 4 guys to fight for it, Mike, Jason, Yves and I. The three firsts were too fast to hope better at this time of the race. And after some funny laps with Jason, full of bump draft, I succeed to catch Mike. Indeed, I need to bump draft to hope catch Mike and his big speed. He made a little mistake one turn before to enter in the banking and a bigger some laps later. I was 4th. But the nice surprise went to come with the blowing car of Jean-Louis in the infield. It gave the 3rd position. I was on the podium, and the mission was now to not fall of that place.
I managed to drive with calm and let the mistake to the drivers chasing me. My fear came after my pitstop when I saw that my refuel was not enough (my plr was wrong edited :doh: ). I had to refuel one more time and Yves was not too far of me.
During some laps, I've a lot turned that in my head, making calcul to add the minimum fuel in order to not lost that 3rd position. I was pretty sure to lost it for some seconds, that I was angry against me to have made that stupid mistake. But When I pitted and saw 11 seconds to refuel, I was happy because I knew that I will exit in front Yves who was 40 second behind.
:third:  it is so rare for me that I have still the smile that morning.
Grats to Peter, Jan, all participants and the lapped for great behavior on track. :frank:
Bump draft, bump draft, bump draft :yaa:
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 12:21

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
Wound up outside the guardrail and maneuvered my way to the back straight...was a 3:01.xx lap, but car was relatively undamaged..

Pity it happened-I think I could have figured in the top 6 here subtracting all my errors.

But that is racing...

We should award bonus points for stylish stunts in the races. James gets them this time lol!

:rigol: :rigol: :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 13:15

I just modified my "relative fuel strategy" in the plr. So I'm ready to redo the race, Capri, Daytona, it seems like my Eden. :D
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 15:28

I was wondering why you pitted again! Dang that must have been nerve wracking.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 16:52

Indeed, I was very stressed. And I knew that every liter added would cost more seconds. So I tried to calculate the more exact result with what I still had in the tank, the number of laps remaining, and multply the result by 2,66(my average comsuption) during driving was not easy. It gave some late braking with grass visiting in the last laps. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 17:14

Mike wrote:
On lap 10 or so I tried too hard to enter the oval and hit the outside wall. The damage cost me a good 6mph of straightaway speed

I was right behind you when you clobbered that wall, I was a bit happy as I figured I'd be able to keep up with you, then I watched you just drive away from me, even with the Damage. That Pantera is FAST.

Ben wrote:
with Jason, full of bump draft
Oh yeah, that first Bump caught me off guard. Was watching you get closer and closer, and I'm thinking "when is he going to go around he's getting really close" Then you hit me, everything became clear and all I could think was "yes, yes, push me!" Just wish it would've worked better when we were reversed, as I could draft up to you until towards the end of the straightaway an dI was a bit nervous about pushing through the turns.

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 17:23

Quote :
all I could think was "yes, yes, push me!" Just wish it would've worked better when we were reversed

Shocked
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 17:28

Mike-what top end did you have?

I expected you to just blow me away on the oval-but you didn't seem to be pulling much....

Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 17:44

en tete avec 45 s d avance sur Jan et a 6 tours de la fin , erreur stupide de concentration , petit choc sur une barriere / crevaison / fin de l histoire ...

Well done Peter and Jan
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 17:50

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
all I could think was "yes, yes, push me!" Just wish it would've worked better when we were reversed

Shocked
Laughing Indeed, it does very intimate.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 18:28

James Knowles wrote:

I expected you to just blow me away on the oval-but you didn't seem to be pulling much....

168 at end of each banked section. 159 to 160 when I was damaged. Back up to 167 after repairs.
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 18:29

Mike Becnel wrote:
James Knowles wrote:

168 at end of each banked section. 159 to 160 when I was damaged. Back up to 167 after repairs.

Ah I suspect the laps I was behind you was the damaged era for the Pantera...
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 18:34

La photo du mois:Capri c'est du solide. lol!
url=https://servimg.com/view/15750198/6]1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Grab_011[/url]
:clap: Peter et Jan. :first:
Merçi HSO. :top:
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 18:40

Gerard...you too!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And the judges score:

9.5, 9.5, 10, 9.5, 8 (the jealous Italian judge) lol!
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 18:49

You remember me Lee Major in "The fall guy" Laughing
Well done Gerard. You learn me something  about the capri. It can fly too.

James Knowles wrote:
9.5, 9.5, 10, 9.5, 8 (the jealous Italian judge) lol!
lol!

Last edited by Ben Paulet on Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 20:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 19:01

David Jundt wrote:
Have you tried various settings for the connection type?

Well, I guess i found the mistake. Connection type in rFactor was set to ISDN 64kbps, i changed it to Cable 256 plus. I hope it will improve the situation. Even if it won't, thank you for showing me direction.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 19:15

Dukes of Hazzards, Eat you heart out lol!

Great picture Gerard

Last edited by Richard Coxon on Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 20:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 20:14

Petr Hlavac wrote:
David Jundt wrote:
Have you tried various settings for the connection type?

Well, I guess i found the mistake. Connection type in rFactor was set to ISDN 64kbps, i changed it to Cable 256 plus. I hope it will improve the situation. Even if it won't, thank you for showing me direction.

I don't know, but it could be helpful to increase the number of kbps(kilobytes per second if I remember right). Maybe it means that more data travel will be allowed, the higher the number is.

I think I had some customs settings with quite big numbers in the past.

Let's see if it will help you Smile

Also, what has happened during the race? Did some drivers catch the "Evel Knievel"-virus during the race? Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 23:22

Jan Kowalski wrote:
François Remmen wrote:
Petr Hlavac wrote:
Jason White wrote:
In any case, this really does suck, and we need to find a solution.  Do you have any error logs we can look at?

Unfortunately i don't have anything. The only thing similar for all those lost connections is the time when it happens - it's always when warmup lap starts. Never during practice or qualifying, never during race, once i get there. Countdown to warmup lap, two seconds and boom, everybody disappears and that's it.

the same happens to me this season
it never did before
I run now windows 10 64 bit ( before windows 7 64bit)
connection 100/100 pings very good
got a B status in ping testing
4 gig patch
inactive sleeping time ( plr ) set to 2
also i don't have a clue how to solve this
running anti virus/ firewall in background or not , same shit happens
No error reports

I had this issue on Windows 10 64 bit too, after i installed the 4 GB Patch. So i use rFactor without it. Perhaps that help? Did you try?

I RUN WINDOWS 10 64BIT and i also removed the 4gb patch,And in the settings ingame/multiplayer set your upload and download speed to 128kbs I have 100mb line but alwas use 128kbs settings ingame,i read that setting it high can cause discos,Try that

And congrats Peter and Jan :first:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2016 - 23:31

Ben Paulet wrote:
Daytona, I love you. Very Happy
I had some "problems" in the parade lap, one of my cats wanted absolutely to hug me on my legs. So I was not ready when the parade started. I was fighting against him the entire parade lap, so I was not focused on that lap, there the reason why I was a little bit chaotic during that lap.
After it was only happiness for me. Great firsts laps for the 4th place, we were 4 guys to fight for it, Mike, Jason, Yves and I. The three firsts were too fast to hope better at this time of the race. And after some funny laps with Jason, full of bump draft, I succeed to catch Mike. Indeed, I need to bump draft to hope catch Mike and his big speed. He made a little mistake one turn before to enter in the banking and a bigger some laps later. I was 4th. But the nice surprise went to come with the blowing car of Jean-Louis in the infield. It gave the 3rd position. I was on the podium, and the mission was now to not fall of that place.
I managed to drive with calm and let the mistake to the drivers chasing me. My fear came after my pitstop when I saw that my refuel was not enough (my plr was wrong edited :doh: ). I had to refuel one more time and Yves was not too far of me.
During some laps, I've a lot turned that in my head, making calcul to add the minimum fuel in order to not lost that 3rd position. I was pretty sure to lost it for some seconds, that I was angry against me to have made that stupid mistake. But When I pitted and saw 11 seconds to refuel, I was happy because I knew that I will exit in front Yves who was 40 second behind.
:third:  it is so rare for me that I have still the smile that morning.
Grats to Peter, Jan, all participants and the lapped for great behavior on track. :frank:
Bump draft, bump draft, bump draft :yaa:

Can i borrow your pitcrew,11 secs to refuel affraid mine took 68 secs to put 6 ltrs in lol! and i missed my pit crew first time in pits was not expecting them to be by the pit entry,so had to drive through and come round again to pit :doh:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2016 - 1:18

Awesome pic Gerard. I did that many times in practice and was versed on how to get back to the track if needed.

Was that in the race?
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2016 - 9:28

Steve Parker wrote:

Can i borrow your pitcrew,11 secs to refuel affraid  mine took 68 secs to put 6 ltrs in lol! and i missed my pit crew first time in pits was not expecting them to be by the pit entry,so had to drive through and come round again to pit :doh:
In fact your refuel took 8 sec. The firsts 60 sec are the time to change the 4 tires.
My first stop in pits took me 90 sec : 60sec for tires +30sec to refuel 50 liters.
You can keep your pitcrew, they have well worked. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)   1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1974 IMSA Daytona Finale (Feb 7th)
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next