International Race of Champions
We will be using an upgraded version of the IROC75 mod for rFactor
The Chevrolet Camaros will be available with both oval and road course configurations.
In keeping with the spirit of the IROC series, this four-race championship is by invitation only.
Past HSO champions and runners-up are eligible to receive invitations.
Invitations will be delivered via PM or web forum.
The championship will be run over 4 meetings, held on select Sunday nights.
Please see the Schedule section for race dates.
Qualifying / Car Allocation
The starting grid and car allocation for the first race will be determined by a blind draw prior to the race. This drawing will be filmed and posted on YouTube so it is understood there is no favoritism or behind-the-scenes chicanery. A skin pack will be issued for the race with the driver names on the side of each car; all drivers must use this pack on race day. For the second and third races, the field will be inverted from the finishing order of the previous race. Car allocation will be blindly drawn again, and skin packs will be issued with driver names re-allocated (this will also happen prior to race four). The starting grid for the fourth race will be determined by the championship standings. Only the top nine point scorers will start race four.
Alternates are also named for this series. If a regular driver cannot make a race, the first available alternate will fill the grid slot of the regular they are standing in for. If a second regular cannot attend, a second alternate takes his spot, and so on. If an absent driver returns for the following race, he will take up the grid slot that the alternate earned during said absence (except for round 4, where the grid is determined by the points chart). Alternates can become regular drivers if one of the twelve regulars formally withdraws from the series. A regular driver missing the first two races will lose their drive and be replaced by the first available alternate. The top nine point scorers will be invited to race four regardless of their status as regulars or alternates. If one or more of the top nine point scorers cannot make race four, 10th, 11th, etc. in points will be elevated to the nine-car grid.
After each race, points will be awarded to the drivers in the following fashion:
|Place finished || 1st || 2nd || 3rd || 4th || 5th || 6th || 7th || 8th || 9th || 10th || 11th || 12th |
|Points awarded ||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4||3 ||2 ||1|
All drivers will be awarded points whether they finish the race or not. Alternates are also eligible for points.
The driver with the most points after the four races will be declared the IROC champion.
All meetings will be held on Sunday nights (all times given as CET)
20:00 - Free Practice
21:00 - Race Start
Race Start Procedure
Starts will be given rolling behind an rFactor-controlled safety car, after one pace lap.
Behaviour on track
- as for all HSO races, it is required you use your real name both in-game and on the forum. Thank you.
- full rules will be use in this series, meaning yellow flag laps are a possibility. Respect the safety car and follow instructions given by the rFactor server.
- Chatting is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN in race session. It is allowed in qualifying sessions for technical issues only.
- Drive Through : If a driver has to do a drive through, even if there is no pit lane speed limit, he has to drive through the pitlane at 100km/h max (60mph). If he doesn't respect this, he will get a 30s penalty at the end of the race.
- Shortcuts : If a driver gains a position after shortcutting a turn, he is required to give it back as soon as possible. In the case where a driver would not do it rapidly, a 30-second penalty will be added to his total race time. In the event of abusive and intentional shortcutting, severe sanctions will be applied (up to definitive a ban from the league). To make sure you never shortcut a turn, try to always keep two wheels on the track.
- Respect the red light at the end of the pitlane.
Application and Interpretation of the Regulations
The admins alone are qualified to solve any problems raised by the application and the interpretation of the present regulations.