Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry

Go down 
+25
Richard Wilks
Ben Paulet
Didier Conjeaud
Yves Plaçais
Philippe Martinelli
François Besançon
Jose Berenguer
Alberto Ibañez
Jacob Fredriksson
Frank Verplanken
Jean-louis Petillot
Matthew Allington
Matthias Weber
Máté Orbán
Chris Tarboton
Jean-François Bovy
Victor Alcocer
Roy Schroten
Yannick Lampure
Jan Titz
Jason White
Steve Parker
Mick Chapman
Carl Larrad
Richard Coxon
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yannick Lampure
Pro Driver
Yannick Lampure

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 16:59

je suis vraiment désolé, info de dernière minutes pour moi, je suis absent ce soir.
Back to top Go down
Chris Tarboton
Club Driver

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 17:34

Hi Guys

Sorry, am still at work with a last minute issue for a client. I will not make this one, my apologies.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 18:48

Présent. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 19:16

Ben Paulet wrote:

Good you can help me if i make a massive f*** up with the reverse grid! :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 19:24

With so many people absent, we should run the short version or it will be a lonely race for some us :hihi:

OTOH I save myself being lapped :hum:
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 19:31

Present!
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 19:34

I'll be on VROC if you need help Richard Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Dave Miller
Experienced Driver
Dave Miller

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 19:37

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 19:37

Richard Coxon wrote:
Ben Paulet wrote:

Maybe or maybe not. :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 19:56

Ben Paulet wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:
Ben Paulet wrote:

Maybe or maybe not. :hihi:

Dont make me Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 1623587389
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 21:15

That was clever from me, exit pits under red and DQ Rolling Eyes

Bah I hated this track anyway :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 21:25

Got thrown out during formation lap :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 23:03

Well, after mismatching out of race 1, I at least got home an 8th place from race 2. Hectic laps in the beginning, fighting my way from 22nd starting place! I obviously got better start reactions than most people! :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 23:07

Désolé, Jeff, tu part en travers dans l'épingle, impossible pour moi d'éviter de te pousser encore plus en travers !
Quel moulin, ta Mustang ! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 23:25

Results are up :flag:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 23:30

:top:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 23:51

Well.......

I had no practice for this due to school exams so overall I'm happy with the evening, just extremely frustrated that I couldn't give JP a run for his money in the 2nd race due to me hitting the wall Sad

Race1:

Came in just in time to do a few laps in practice to get to know the circuit, then left to change some settings and got back into Qualifying and did a surprisingly good lap considering I just threw some kind of "impression of the track" setup onto it.

At the start I had a bit of trouble with my pedals (they were jiggling about a bit) so struggled to get going and lost a few places.

Later on managed to find my way through the top8 drivers to get to 2nd place, very happy with that even though the track really suits the Mustang.

Race2:

Spent the break between races to tweak the setup and found the sweet spot and was looking forward to a close race with JP and maybe others if they also could find a little bit more pace but that was all undone in a split second.

I did a practice start and moved over towards the wall just a bit to leave room to Mate who seemed very close and I, probably due to tiredness after the exam today, managed to hit the wall which spat me out into Mate. Sorry Maté and anyone else who was affected by this.

Tried to restart the car but she was dead so escaped and found that I could start from the pits so went out there and awaited to get going. That wait for the lead car to reach the 2nd sector line is awfully long...

Went out and were some 40-50 seconds behind the field to bent my head down and drove the wheels off the car, a Mustang has never gone that quickly through the chicanes at the end of the lap...

In the middle of the race I managed a 37.3 which showed how close a race it could have been had the formation lap stuff not happened.

Managed to find my way through the field, sorry to anyone who felt aggrieved by me passing them, there were a few close calls when I was a bit optimistic.

Salvaged a few points in the second race which was more than I thought I would be able to do but happy overall considering the lack of practice and having never driven the track before today (this version of it, I've driven another version of it which is a lot more forgiving for misstakes).

See you all in the next event :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015 - 8:34

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Désolé, Jeff, tu part en travers dans l'épingle, impossible pour moi d'éviter de te pousser encore plus en travers !
Quel moulin, ta Mustang ! Shocked

No problem Yves...

Et ouais, ma voiture est un véritable avion !!
'reste plus qu'à réapprendre à atterrir pour les freinages... :aie:

J'ai l'impression de rouler dans une catégorie tout seul...
Et je me rends bien compte que ça met un peu de boxon en course, désolé donc pour ceux que j'ai enfumés/bouchonnés/dégoûtés :D

...à Monaco, ce sera pire !
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Máté Orbán
Club Driver
Máté Orbán

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015 - 12:49

This event was really dissapointing for me. Sad

My qualy run was okay, 2nd place.

In race 1, I tried to keep up with JP but made a mistake in the last chicane and JP left me behind.
I gave up the chance to get that 1st spot...maybe I gave it up too easely. Rolling Eyes
Than Jonatan came into the picture. He killed that gap so quickly on the straight line. Suspect
It shocked me totally. That's why I missed my braking point at that stupid corner with the crest.
I hit the barrier so hard, like I did it many times before during the practice. :aie:
The front, the rear and the left side of the car turned to yellow.
Jonatan passed me.
I lost vmax, my race was over at that point. Finished 3rd.

The 2nd race was a mess.
Jonatan, I can tell you for sure, that you are the master of formation lap accidents.
How the hell you managed to do that?! :doh: :aie: :aie: :doh: ..... Suspect
You wrecked my car totally. My vmax was around 255 Km/h.
But no worries bro', we've already been through on many strange things. :drink:

I lost JP and Richard in the very first moments.
I tried to keep that 3rd place desperately, but Jan's Rover was much faster.
He passed me but I did anything to keep the draft alive.
I couldn't even get closer in the draft of the Rover.Rolling Eyes
Somehow, I managed to get very close to Jan in the last lap. I went to the outside at T3 to get a good position for T4, but Jan squeezed me into the ditch.
I lost there a few seconds and also lost the chance to get that 3rd place. Sad

This track was full of dangerous things, so I'm still satisfied with my results, but it could have been better.
Maybe with a bit more practice...

Congrats to JP, to Richard, to Jonatan and to Jan for their podium finish.
Also thank you to Jan for the exciting battle...only that last lap move was a bit unkind but the rest was great. :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015 - 14:32

Well was certainly a hard race, given the unforgiving nature of the track, and eagerness to gain places due to the short race times.

Made a mess of qualy by running on those land mine tires in the last chicane, but then so many people messed up the qualy that i still could start from the midfield.

I was surprised by a certain lack of pace in the races, despite me starting with the softs in race 1. Maybe lack of sleep got to me, maybe i was being too cautious, but i still had some speed when it mattered, and together with a disaster qualy for Jose, made me be there for the fight for the lead in "division 2" all the way to the end in the first race. The race actually came to me in the end, when 3 cars tangled in front of me, and i got my first points in the championship Smile Just Yves got away with the "class" win.

Second race was the exact opposite, i started well, but then i was losing positions to drivers of "division 1" cars that were blasting through the field. I was in tenth in the last lap, leading a massive group of "division 2" cars (except Jose, who cleared off into the distance) when me and Yves got tangled, probably me driving my defense too far coupled with a bit of optimism from him (sorry Yves), and i got the shortest stick, so i went into the wall, made a spin trying to right the car, and that was it Sad

Still it was great fun, and i improved a lot since the first race i think, i mishifted only once Smile  (grinding tranny plugin keeping me in check!)

Roll on Monaco.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015 - 16:22

No problem, Richard, it was very funny with Carl, Ben and Philippe ! :top: :champ:
Back to top Go down
Jose Berenguer
Club Driver
Jose Berenguer

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015 - 22:35

Hello , please i need help , yesterday while i was running , i suddenly appeared the desktop :doh:  , but the rfactor is not closed, he was still listening and i was able to go back to enter.

This is the first time that this happens to me and the curious thing that happened to me once in each sleeve Crying or Very sad

Please if anyone knows why was able to spend this, greatly appreciate your comment .

A great greeting to all
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015 - 22:42

¿Puede ser que apretaras sin querer una tecla "Windows" a los lados de ALT? No ocn la mano, pero tocar el teclado con algo ...

La otra razón por la que eso puede pasar es porque se ponga en marcha un programa con algún mensaje que minimiza lo restante. Por ejemplo, un antivirus o alguno que lanza avisos minimizando lo que haya en pantalla (Algunos programas pidiendo una actualización).
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015 - 23:40

Was not expecting so much from this race but boy was i wrong ..

The 1st race had some nice race laps with Philippe , Steve , Mattias , Richard , Mick
until i spun in front of Mattias , contact was unavoidable as we where so close but i ended up pointing down the track the wrong way waiting for a safe place to turn around so lost far too much time to make any difference in the race so ended up a dissapointed 15 th ...

The 2nd race as far as i'm concerned was epic there was a big bunch of cars in the midfield , it was so very close Yes there was a little bumping ,rubbing and drafting and even some bump drafting (thanks Ben  :D )
i enjoyed myself so much and for once i felt good with the Alfa not the quickest car but great fun ..

After a bit of luck in the closing stages when Yves and Richard tangled i was gifted a lucky 10th place  Wink

I've Watched the replay several times and an awesome time was had by all , I Would like to Thank my fellow gentleman racers ,
Philippe , Mick ,Steve ,Richard ,Yves ,Ben .... Awesome racing Guys  :top:  :drink:

Congrats JP once again  :champ:
Well done all finishers ...  :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jose Berenguer
Club Driver
Jose Berenguer

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Feb 2015 - 22:11

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
¿Puede ser que apretaras sin querer una tecla "Windows" a los lados de ALT? No ocn la mano, pero tocar el teclado con algo ...

La otra razón por la que eso puede pasar es porque se ponga en marcha un programa con algún mensaje que minimiza lo restante. Por ejemplo, un antivirus o alguno que lanza avisos minimizando lo que haya en pantalla (Algunos programas pidiendo una actualización).

Gracias Alberto por intentar ayudarme , ya que para mi resulto muy frustante .

La tecla Windows seguro no la presione .
Por si fuera lo segundo que me comentas , he desactivado varios programas que se ejecutaban al inicio que no me son necesarios , lo peor es que no se si asi se solucionara el problema Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Paris - Montlhéry
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2