Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HSO Teams

Go down 
+11
Carl Larrad
Martin Audran
Alberto Ibañez
Austin Johnson
Richard Wilks
Dylan Canton
Ben Paulet
Richard Coxon
Timo Vermeersch
finally gone :)
Frank Verplanken
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Would you be interested in having teams within HSO ?
Yes, I would like to be part of a team
HSO Teams - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%HSO Teams - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 21 ]
Yes, I would like to create a team
HSO Teams - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%HSO Teams - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
No, I have no interest in joining a team
HSO Teams - Page 2 Vote_lcap35%HSO Teams - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 35% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 45

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Feb 2015 - 15:12

Pourquoi vouloir diviser la ligue en équipes alors que nous ne sommes déjà qu'une belle fraternité ?? pale

Cette non-réforme est sans contenu. Peux pas plus développer car cette annonce me laisse encore assez choqué et confus mais j'essaierai de développer plus tard.
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Feb 2015 - 17:25

T’embêtes pas à développer plus que ça Wink

Ça ne va strictement rien changer au fonctionnement de la ligue, juste rajouter un petit enjeu pour ceux qui veulent. Et c'est avoir bien peu confiance en notre petite communauté de penser que ça va diviser cette dernière. On a toujours été contre les ultra compétiteurs qui ne sont la que pour gagner à tout prix, et ça ne va pas changer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Feb 2015 - 18:57

Although i quite like the idea for fun , and it normally works great in Endurance racing , i would hate to see Teams purely where only Aliens can apply ... :papy:

I Think if where going to have Team's at HSO Teams should be of mixed ability , slower drivers should also be encouraged or accepted into there respective Teams of choice  ..
I Also like that setups can be shared among the team this way the slower drivers can learn from the quicker drivers ..

I Used to like the class system they had in Banger/Hot Rod racing in the 80's where cars had different colour roofs
I Think either ,Red , Blue , Yellow or White
When a driver was at the top of his game i think he had a Red roof but he would start at the back of the field and the slower  drivers had a white roof and would start at the front of the grid .. :conduit:

Always made for an exciting start to the race affraid

I Can think of at least 30 drivers i would want in my team lol!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Feb 2015 - 19:50

Quote :
he would start at the back of the field and the slower drivers had a white roof and would start at the front of the grid

That's what they in the 50s and 60s in US stock car racing at the average county fair dirt track. I think they would have ended up allowing wheels with blades had not someone taken control of it all lol!
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Feb 2015 - 22:42

So i Guess this will not be allowed then .. :D :hihi:

HSO Teams - Page 2 Maddog10

HSO Teams - Page 2 Usdivi10
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Feb 2015 - 23:27

:D Not as bas as Austin's example, but yeah still quite a long ways from what we expect Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015 - 14:53

hmm, want to show a logo of my own but mine is to modern!

want one for here with a bit classic taste
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-10-30

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015 - 21:48

As someone who manages a team in other leagues, I personally am not a massive fan of this proposal.

Adding teams, I believe, will not have a large benefit to the league. The present format with individual drivers all combining into one big friendly community is fantastic - we should preserve that as it's something I don't come across very often in leagues these days Smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015 - 22:54

When the time comes or If, I think it would be good to publish a list of the drivers who voted they don't want to be in a team, so that they don't get annoyed recieving invites to be with teams.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 0:41

Yes initially we wanted to include the option that lets us know who voted what, but it's not implemented in Forumotions Rolling Eyes . Retrospectively I think we should have added a choice in the vote along the lines "No, and I think it's a bad idea" to differenciate those who just don't have an interest in it and those who are against it. I could still add it now since people can modify their votes, but maybe it's a bit late I don't know.

Anyways we're gonna let people vote until the end of the week and see what happens. So far there is an interesting number of people willing not only to be part of a team but also to create one, so the chances are good that we give this a try I guess.

Keep the opinions and votes coming guys :hello:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 5:52

Matthew Allington wrote:
Adding teams, I believe, will not have a large benefit to the league. The present format with individual drivers all combining into one big friendly community is fantastic - we should preserve that as it's something I don't come across very often in leagues these days Smile

Well having teams is not necessarily incompatible with being one big friendly community Smile . Again, I think it all very much depends on the crowd with which you do such things. Most of the numerous leagues in which I raced had a teams structure of some sorts, and if in some of those leagues the teams factor indeed contributed to some bad behaviours, it generally was more the source of a friendly and sane emulation.
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 21:39

Maybe to save any arguement we could leave it to the sorting hat

HSO Teams - Page 2 Sortin10

Hands up who wants to be in Gryffindor or Slytherin  :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 23:02

Carl Larrad wrote:
Maybe to save any arguement we could leave it to the sorting hat

HSO Teams - Page 2 Sortin10

Hands up who wants to be in Gryffindor or Slytherin  :rigol:

:top:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 8:13

Up ! Up ! Up ! Vote ! Vote ! Vote ! :D

Keep the votes and comments coming please people !
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Mar 2015 - 23:47

The poll is now closed, thanks to all those who voted. We're gonna give this some more thought and we will decide whether or not we'll go on with this idea. Stay tuned !

:hello:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HSO Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Teams   HSO Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HSO Teams
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2