Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1985 Production - Rules

Go down 
+5
finally gone :)
Mick Chapman
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Wilks
Martin Audran
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

1985 Production - Rules Empty
PostSubject: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 19:22

1985 Championnat de France des Voitures de Production

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Touring Car Legends Mod and Cars

We will use the Touring Car Legends 1.10 mod for rFactor.
You will also need the sound pack to get all the engine sounds and the BMW 635 Fix.
Engines sounds can be greatly improved by using this additional sound patch made by Guillaume Siebert from the Touring Masters version of the mod by the Race Department.
For this open we will also use the 1985 Production Add-on, which add 3 cars model. Special thanks to the original creators of the cars.
=> DOWNLOAD 1985 PRODUCTION ADD-ON <=

All the upgrades available for each cars are allowed.

Car selection is free. However, admins can refuse a car to a given driver if he is judged too fast for it or if his simracing level is unknown.

Each driver must keep the same car for the duration of the championship. Changing of car will be tolerated under exceptional circumstances only.

A driver missing two races in a row without any explanation on the forum, will have his car freed and made available for someone else to book.

Championship Rules

The championship will be run over 12 meetings, held on Wednesday nights. Each meeting will host either one 35 mins race or two 25 mins races. In the case of meetings with two races, a time aggregate of the two heats will determine the final standings for the event and those scoring championship points. Regardless of the format, only drivers having completed 90% of the winner's distance will be classified (whether they finished or not) and can score points.

Points will be awarded to the top 12 scratch finishers on the following scale : 30-25-21-18-15-13-11-9-7-5-3-1.

There will be one drivers’ championship which will be based on the best ten (10) results of each driver in the season's 12 races.

There will also be a manufacturers' championship held along the same lines. At each event, only the best classified car of each make can score points.

Qualifying

Qualifying will consist of a one-lap shootout for each driver. This 5-minute session will be a "private" one as per rFactor's rules, which means each driver will be alone on the track although everybody will run simultaneously. Each driver will be allowed a maximum of three laps : one warming up lap, the sole qualifying lap, and the slowing down lap. Any driver covering more than three laps will have his qualifying time disallowed and will be put at the end of the qualifying order.

In the double-header meetings, the starting grid for the second race will be determined according to the results of the first race.

Event Schedule

All meetings will be held on Wednesday nights (all times given as CET)

20:00 - Free Practice
20:50 - Qualifying Shoot-out (private session, 5 minutes, 1 flying lap)
20:55 - Drivers' briefing and reconnaissance laps procedure
21:00 - Race 1 start
21:45 - Race 2 start (for double-header meetings)

Starts will be given standing on the grid, after one formation lap.

Race Start Procedure

--> Reconnaissance Laps <--

Behaviour on track

- as for all HSO races, it is required you use your real name both in-game and on the forum. Thank you.

- Chatting is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN in race session. It is allowed in qualifying sessions for technical issues only.

- Drive Through : If a driver has to do a drive through, even if there is no pit lane speed limit, he has to drive through the pitlane at 100km/h max (60mph). If he doesn't respect this, he will get a 30s penalty at the end of the race.

- Shortcuts : If a driver gains a position after shortcutting a turn, he is required to give it back as soon as possible. In the case where a driver would not do it rapidly, a 30-second penalty will be added to his total race time. In the event of abusive and intentional shortcutting, severe sanctions will be applied (up to definitive a ban from the league). To make sure you never shortcut a turn, try to always keep two wheels on the track.

- Respect the red light at the end of the pitlane.

Application and Interpretation of the Regulations

The admins alone are qualified to solve any problems raised by the application and the interpretation of the present regulations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jan 2015 - 12:17

First time i see this add on, i suppose its from the french championship?

I know there is also another big add on of the portuguese championships that adds even group N cars.

By the way, you guys tried my sounds? You can get them here:

nogripracing.com/filesearch.php?userid=81221
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jan 2015 - 12:24

It's a custom add-on done by us to better reflect the 1985 french production championship, and solely for the use in this league. We are not announcing it or distributing it outside because it is just made for the purpose of our championships, as we always try to recreate them as close to the real ones as possible. Smile

Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 21:33

Why are weight penalties no longer used?
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 21:34

Because I made a big donation to the HSO association for that.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2015 - 5:24

:D That and also because there was none in the French Production series as far as I can remember. This was mostly a DTM thing as far as Group A racing is concerned. Twas a real pain to enforce on the servers too as we had to do it manually (and do it again if the concerned driver left and came back on the server), so we can live without it Laughing !
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Dirk Willemen
Rookie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-04-12

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 8:23

Hello, I have downloaded the Production mod and all necessary patches. As I'm intrested in trying to join this competition online. And I have a strange problem.

In my first attempt on my general TCL install I had all cars but the Rover showing up. I figured it could very well be a conflict with some other TCL-mods I had already installed, so I made a new clean install with just the things mentioned on this page.

Now the Rover showed up, but the BMW 525i and M5 were gone. So I still have an incomplete field.

Do you guys have any idea what I could be doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 9:04

With a clean rfactor lite + TCL + our 635 fix + Production 85 it should be OK. Are you using the filter to show all vehicles in the menu? Also, creating a new player sometimes helps.
Back to top Go down
Dirk Willemen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 9:22

I tried making a new player and the result was the same. I don't understand the 'filter' thing. Could you please explain that a bit more to me.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 9:25

There is a tab in the car selection menu to see "owned" or "all cars"

If you got all cars and then reinstalled something the new cars might be considered by the game as not yet owned and appear only when pressing that tab.
Back to top Go down
Dirk Willemen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 9:36

I tried playing around with that button, both in my first install and in my clean install. The situation is still the same: in the general TCL install the Rover isn't showing up, while all BMW's are in game... in the clean install the Rover is in game, but the BMW 525i and M5 aren't.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 9:43

Is it only the Production 85 Rover missing, or all Rovers in the TCL install?

Back to top Go down
Dirk Willemen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 9:48

no, all other Rovers are in game. But I now discovered that the Alfa Romeo also gives a problem. It isn't showing in the clean install. In the general install the car is there, but it doesn't show in the spinner and the game crashes when trying to start a race.

I noticed now that I have four more cars in the game (first I had only 13, now I have 17, whjen I clicked on owned and went to a race), but the game crashes... :-(

I got disappointed by rFactor years ago because of the game being muc more severe on trying to get mods working then GTR2... I came back because of the TCL cars last weekend, but I still seem to have a lot of problems with getting the game to perform well...

yesterday I have read something somewhere on a forum about problems with Rovers and Alfa's with bumpers being different on the older models... maybe that has something to do with it...

I also found the ETCC 1982 and 1983 Alfa's somewhere and when I install those, they show in game, but with no car in the spinner (on my general install)... so that could be part of the problem... the BTCC Alfa's however show up in the spinner...

Sorry, I try to give you as much information as possible ;-)
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 9:54

Sometimes this problem happens when not installing the mods correctly. You must not drop directly into your rfactor folder the folder "HSO Production 85 v1.0b" but instead the "Gamedata" folder that is inside. Windows should give you a warning that you are about to overwrite a folder of the same name, if you don't get that one you are not installing correctly.

Once you have installed the mod, you should find inside the folder:

\GameData\Vehicles\TCL\Rover a new folder called "Production85". If you have that one, the car must appear in game.

Back to top Go down
Dirk Willemen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 10:14

I have that folder in my Rover directory...

I always install the mods in the proper way. In the root directory when I have a Game Data folder, in the directory itself when you have only the directory itself... I'm quite experienced in installing mods in GTR2 and in general the system is the same for rfactor...
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 10:18

Ufff that is a hard one, if things are installed correctly :hum:

I have to go now, but will be back later this evening. Don't worry, I'm sure we will be able to make it work, just have some patience. If you really want to race with us we will get it right, no matter how long it takes :top:
Back to top Go down
Dirk Willemen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 10:21

OK, thank you...

I'm not sure that I will have the tiem to race in every race, because my working schedule is quite busy, but if I have the time, I would certainly want to race with you guys...

the TCL cars are the cars that made me fall in love with motor racing. I went to the Spa 24 Hours yearly from 1983 to 1991... so that was all about the TCL years... so racing these cars myself, would be a blast to me :-)

EDIT: I have done a second clean install and now everything seems to be working fine Very Happy

Last edited by Dirk Willemen on Mon 13 Apr 2015 - 18:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 18:06

I seem to recall one of the ETCC add-ons from NoGrip, I think, changes some Rover files, perhaps that's the culprit if you have them installed?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 18:26

He said that:

Quote :
I made a new clean install with just the things mentioned on this page.

rfactor lite 1.255 + TCL1.1 + BMW 635 fix + Production 85 should work perfectly :hum:

Dirk, did you use the TCL mod download from our thread or was it an older download you got somewhere else? I have noticed in the past that not all TCL mod packages offered around in the different webs are actually the same, some included updates, others not.

Back to top Go down
Dirk Willemen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 18:42

Alberto, I don't think I have downloaded it here, but it has exactly the same name...

but as I said, I have made a second new install and now it all works perfectly... offline that is, because I haven't done any online testing yet
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 18:56

Ah sorry I had missed your post, glad you have it working Very Happy :top:

The server is already online for the Dijon race, if you want to be sure enter it with any of the cars that were causing conflicts. Also, because you are new here the admins will ask you to do some laps as fast as you can, to have an idea of your speed and be able to give/refuse you the car you request. So it is a good idea to do some laps and set a time :top:

Back to top Go down
Dirk Willemen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 18:57

How do I go about connecting online... do I just have to search the server in the list and fill in the password?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 19:05

You can type the server adress directly, but I think normally most of us look for it in the server list. If you don't see it, you might need to edit your "multiplayer.ini" file (UserData\Dirk Willemen\Multiplayer.ini)

and change:

Concurrent Server Updates="1000"

to

Concurrent Server Updates="1500"

Here is a screenshot of the server in the list, 5 minutes ago. You select it and click on "load race", then it will ask you for the password. It is: "hso85", then you select the car and go to track. That's it. Tell me if you have problems :top:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 19:35

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
He said that:

Quote :
I made a new clean install with just the things mentioned on this page.

:doh: Embarassed

I'm happy to hear it's finally working!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015 - 11:29

An update to the rules : The series is now classed as a 12 race championship (Dijon was a non-championship event) and only 2 race scores shall be dropped instead 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Production - Rules   1985 Production - Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1985 Production - Rules
Page 1 of 1