Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]

Go down 
+33
Simon Wattman
Vladko Nesvadba
Pascal Le pihive
Stephen Wenham
Mick Chapman
Mark Holdampf
Dave Miller
Alberto Ibañez
Alban Cosnuau
Jan Titz
Serge Fort
Gérard Ryon
Philippe Martinelli
Samy Hamlaoui
Jef Vannijlen
Jonatan Acerclinth
Anders Nilsson
Ben Paulet
Matthew Allington
Matthieu Bellanger
Sergio Mengual
Jean-François Bovy
Steve Parker
Peter Blom
Didier Conjeaud
Imre Bende
Janos Hegyvari
Balazs Kiss
Jacob Fredriksson
Alex Barresi
Vadim Sadoshenko
Richard Coxon
Martin Audran
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 20:15

Fuck me!
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 20:16

Did the server go down or something  scratch
Lost connection on warm up lap was looking forward to a battle with the Usual Suspects  Sad 

Last edited by Carl Larrad on Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 20:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Vladko Nesvadba
Rookie

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2014-02-09

PostSubject: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 20:18

Still waiting on the grid  Cool alone Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 20:20

Vladko Nesvadba wrote:
Still waiting on the grid  Cool alone Neutral 
And Me  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Vladko Nesvadba
Rookie

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2014-02-09

PostSubject: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 20:22

You and me out only.... Sad     Question scratch :grrr: not fair!
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 20:58

Race 2 is lauching.

Sorry, for the bump at the start, I didn't see the car turn.  Embarassed

Last edited by Ben Paulet on Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 22:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 20:58

Carl Larrad wrote:
with the Usual Suspects  Sad 

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 21:00

Server is up again, 10 minutes warm up.
Back to top Go down
Imre Bende
Rookie
Imre Bende

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 21:48

i love this league, because the races are very fair. But on this track more drivers cut the last chicane Sad

Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Grab_011
Back to top Go down
http://www.simcompany.hu
Samy Hamlaoui
Club Driver
Samy Hamlaoui

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 21:49

it was a very fun race for me , until i crash , because of the turbo lag of th sierra , accelerating with this car and with overheated tire is difficult ^^
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 22:15

thx HSO for another exciting evening of simracing  Smile 

1st race Balazs just drove away from us in his BMW. I managed to stay close to JP which pleased me enough for the first race and I finished 3rd.

2nd race was much closer and more exciting for me. JP did an outstanding effort to stay in front of Balasz with me close behind and Janos in 4th. After about 10 laps Balazs finaly made it through into the lead and managed to drive away from us once again. Around the same time Janos overtook me for 3rd place but not in a very nice way...by bumping me to the outside of the track and not giving back my position which dissapointed me a bit. Then I managed to hang on to the JP vs Janos fight until a few laps before the end Arnaud almost ignored our epic fight and tried to race with us braking very late in 1st corner...again a bit dissapointed in this.

Hope you learn from this Arnaud and watch the replay  :bangry: 

Anyway 4th was were I belong speedwise so it's not that bad after all. See you all next race  :drink:

Last edited by Peter Blom on Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 22:20; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 22:17

Many thanks guys for the race! :top: 
Sorry if someone hurt my fault! pig  Adrenaline and monstrous excitement do their dirty work! Still couple of seconds to the pace and think I would be able to offer someone interesting fight! Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 1623587389 
Before the meeting in Brno!
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 23:09

Appologgies to Stephen W, and Sergio.....I cant remember who was the victim of what, but I think Stephen, for
recovering in front of you(race2) just before the last turn by pit entrance. I have to admit, I was a bit impatient to get going again, but I didnt realise how close to the corner I was, and with you making a pass.

And Serfio, dor some clumsy shunting...again...I was braking earlier as it was, as my braking markers were hidden, and I just coiuldn't have imagined anyone going through a corner slower an I.

I was further up the grid than I should have been, so was ready to let the faster drivers pass within the first few laps.....They had a different plan it seems, and was bullied from the green light.

Thx HSO, was fun all the same.
Back to top Go down
Janos Hegyvari
Rookie
Janos Hegyvari

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 12:03

I enjoyed this round. A big apologise from Vladko Nesvadba on Race 2, I wasn't care enough on the braking. Blom, I know it wasn't a clean overtake but I think it is acceptable as it was only a little contact and we saw many of these in touring car races. I didn't like it too but it was the only way to overtake which means you were a tuff opponent. Wink
Back to top Go down
Balazs Kiss
Club Driver
Balazs Kiss

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 13:17

Thanks guys :frank: :hello: 

I hadn't much time to practice, I started before qualify scratch Imre said it's a mercedes track, about the hotlap times. I surprised when I saw János and me in top5 on practice. Other surprise a good Q by me. 2nd  :top: 

It was awesome round. First race a little bit easy, I turned first at the first corners and the gap was stable between JP and me. I thought my tires will gone in the 15 laps and I will have a huge battle for life with JP, but there wasn't any fight. Just brought to home the car.

Second race was much harder than the first one.

Thanks JP for the fair and nice battle.

2 win again :hum: 
 :first: :first:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 13:28

Well.... That was a tough couple of races, that was  :aie: 

I struggled to get the 635 to handle good enough when a lot of fuel was in the car (almost 70 litres for the races) and was getting frustrated but made a few minor changes to the car which helped a bit after me and Anders was working on getting his tail-happy M3 to handle instead of just being all over the place  :jp: 

Qualifying went allright, got a good lap in and I was happy with the grid placing as it was higher up it than I had been expecting considering the 635 is neither a speed demon on the straights nor a hazel mouse in the corners  Smile 

The start of Race1 didn't go to plan as I forgot to angle the car a bit and therefore had a perfect launch but couldn't avoid Didier, sorry for this Sad

Got slowed down by the contact and lost a few positions as a result, especially to Anders who came from 29th to steam past me along the wall on the inside of the track, he must have gained 10-15 places off the line  Shocked Surprised 

Spent a few laps avoided the usual incidents on the opening laps in Touring Cars and then latched onto the back of Anders, Didier and someone else who I can't remember at the moment. Tom came flying by after a few laps after his, I assume at least, bad start while I struggled to keep up but then the fuel had finally come down and I was able to attack a bit more.
Gave Anders a little bit of heat until he got past Didier and I then tried to do the same but unfortunately missed my braking point for T3 and hit him square up the rear end. Sorry yet again for this, it isn't something I want to be doing Sad

After this incident I soon managed to catch Didier but we unfortunately made contact again after I got a very good run through the chicane and came out slightly sideways trying to get up the inside at the same time as Didier unfortunately got sideways on the cerb or grass on the outside and I went plowing into the inside barrier.

Got back going and limped-ish around the track trying to collect a point or two and managed to hold up Jeff for a little bit but he had way too much grip at that point as my car wouldn't turn and my tires were going as I had to drive it on the edge just to get average lap times out of the car  study 

Was overtaken with a few good moves in that race and had a bit of fun in the end even though it might not have sounded like it in TS during the race Smile

Race2 and a much better start. Remembered to angle the car this time and luanched up the middle and gained places and went from 18th, I think, on the grid to 11th after T4  :D 

After this I tried to hook up to the guys ahead but Gérard had other ideas and wanted to get past. He was quicker but I proved to be a tough oponent as I knew where I was weak and where I had to place the car. After many laps of defending from Gérard he got attacked by Ben I think it was and I could get a small gap and try to calm down and save the tires a bit as they were running hot.
Soon Ben got past Gérard though and set out to try and get past me but again it was proving a difficult task. After a couple of laps he had an incident with some of the drivers behind, sorry if I was the reason for the incident as I was holding everyone up with my much slower car at that stage of the race  :smil20: 

Got a few laps there where I could take it a bit easy again but then I, after racing him a little bit in Race1, saw a black car in my mirror and would you believe it, it was Jeff coming in for seconds  Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 1623587389 
What proceeded was a massive battle for a top10 after a couple of drivers had gone off earlier in the race. I was defending hard, but I believe fair, while Jeff was doing everything he could, but still far, to get past. We battled away for many laps and at one point he got past me after I had to brake and chose side when Samy had his crash. Jeff though, it seems, thought that wasn't the correct way to get past and let me by again, thank you very much Jeff, very sportsmanly of you  :drink: 

It took him a lap more and then he was on me again and after I had a bad run out of the sweeping right onto the back straight Jeff was able to pounce on the oportunity and flew up the inside at the chicane in a brilliant outbraking manouver, excellent pass  :top: 
I tried to get up the inside at the last turn as I knew that if I let him get through that corner ahead he would be gone for me. Unfortunately I couldn't get past there and Jeff flew away toward the horizon while I looked in my mirror and once again saw Ben coming in for seconds as well  Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 1623587389 

Again a big battle began with 5 or 6 laps to go and I did what I could to be difficult to pass without overdefending which I think I managed to do.
Ben tried his darndest and on the last lap he tried to go past in the chicane and I tried to get the cut-back to go up the inside at the last turn I might have given him a nudge, I'm honestly not sure, sorry if I did though  Sad 
We went through the last corner side by side and I left Ben room on the outside but he decided to try and cut back which saved me and I could hold him off in a power challange to line to finish 11th I think  :D 

Race2 was a lot of fun with a lot of good battles, thanks Gérard, Jeff and Ben among others for those brilliant, but testing, difficult and hard but fair, battles out there  :top: :D :drink: 
Also, thanks HSO for the organization, a really good one this  :champ:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 14:10

Sympathique soirée, une fois encore, malgré que je me sois tiré une balle dans le pied pendant les qualifs. En effet, tellement concentré (terme pour dire que j'étais avec les Pink Floyd, dans un autre espace-temps  :D ), j'ai fait plus de tour que le seul tour qualif autorisé. Du coup, DQ et dernière position, 31ème sur la grille. Dommage car mon temps, me placer 11ème sur la grille.  Wink 
Et dire que 1 heure avant, je rappeler à Cyril sur le forum qu'il n'y avait qu'un seul tour chrono.  lol! 
Dés lors ce n'était pas simple de remonter, pour aller taper la causette avec l'ami Philou et sa merco.

Pour la course 1, je tiens à présenter toutes mes excuses à la personne devant moi que je heurte au départ. Elle a changé de trajectoire juste devant moi, et je n'ai pas pu l'éviter. Je regarderai le replay pour présenter mes excuses nominativement. Puis 2-3 tours plus tard, comme pour me punir, le sort décide de me mettre une voiture en travers de la route à la sortie du virage du bas. Là aussi, trop de voitures autours, je ne peux rien faire, je casse l'avant gauche. Je m'arrête pour réparer puis repart antépénultième. Objectif, essayer d'accrocher la 18ème place et son dernier petit point. Je finis 16ème, et accroche quelques points précieux.

Pour la course 2, pas de soucis au départ, j'arrive à me faufiler assez bien et à grappiller quelques places. Mon objectif, étant de rattraper la merco de mon ami sudiste. Juste pour lui montrer comment faire un dépassement à l'intérieur, puis un dépassement à l'extérieur.  :hihi: Très gentiment, il se prête au jeu et se laisse dépasser. La fin sera avec Jonatan et sa 635. Une jolie bagarre pendant les 4-5 derniers tours.
In the last chicane, I think, I missed my point of braking (like you, it seemed to me). Maybe (but I'm not sure too), you bumped me lightly, but it doesn't matter, it's DTM. It was a nice fight and fair play.

Some nice fight with Yves, Gérard, Philou, Jeff, Jieffe, and surely some others. Thx guys.  :hello: 
Thx too at Vadim, in the first race who let me overtake him easily after my repairs.
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 15:12

Very good evening of racing, good car, good track, not any second to breathe, great fights, tactical/berserk situations, friends all around, and some points at the end: a perfect wednesday!!  :top: 
I even survived a "frontal" collision with Ben...

Now waiting for Brno, thanks to all, thanks HSO Smile

...a thought for Carl who just disappeared in front of me before the start of round 1  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Anders Nilsson
Club Driver
Anders Nilsson

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 16:35

THx for helping me out with my tailhappy M3 Jonatan :top: . To bad i messed me superpole lap and ended up 29th on the gridd  :aie: . But two really good start and somewhat good driving i managed a 8th in race 1 and a 7 th  in race 2 . And alot of good batteling on the way . Cheers  :champ:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 18:04

Jean-François Bovy wrote:

...a thought for Carl who just disappeared in front of me before the start of round 1  Crying or Very sad 
You have know idea how frustrated i was after i lost connection .  :aie: I Love this track in the Merc ..

Qualifying went really well and i was happy to be in front of several of my race buddies Phillipe , Jieffe
i think also Ben cannot remember and positioned just behind Sergio ... It could have been awesome ...

Even worse i forgot that there was a 2nd race and by the time i realized there was a
2nd race i was a few minutes too late to join the server .   Sad 

Sorry to Sergio who i tapped during the warm up lap just before i lost connection
I had a couple of gremlins on that lap ...  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sergio Mengual
Club Driver
Sergio Mengual

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 18:57

For me it was a bittersweet race 1 race was very well I try to keep up with A. Barresi, but in the end I dedicated myself to keep my 7th place.
The 2nd race was bad, I left well but in the 2nd round of the chicane 3 Sector someone pushed me and lost control, then I recovered but a touch with Ben made ​​me prick and I had to pit, came out last and had a good comeback, good defense of Mick and achieve reach 17.
Nothing happens Carl the Merc is a tough car.
Thanks HSO.
Back to top Go down
Jef Vannijlen
Club Driver
Jef Vannijlen

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 2 May 2014 - 3:31

Great fun Acerclinth! And others. Thanks!
-------------------------

i switched to a new pc (I7 2600K, 16g ram, HD6950)... :antoine: 
and this race was its first real test.
Frame issues in the first race and had to bail out.
Second race again but it went away, i think i already solved the problem, "turn off hard disk after 20 minutes" was the cause, i hope. And the smoke at highest effects setting triggered it, it seems, kinda.
I had zero time/practise and was kind of expecting the green hell, woops.
Like a total noob, and good for all of you guys, i started last, not because out of generosity, i actually escaped the first quali lap, to watch other drivers and learn the track.

1st race start was total mayhem, so bad, i started thinking there was a hidden rule not to overtake in 1st lap and half the field did not know.
I guess it was the: "let him go, after u drove him off the track" rule.
I dont want to be in that mess again, so I promise i will be higher up in the rankings next time with some good practise.

Thanks Peter for helping me out with a set and to AcerClinth for giving me a hell of a fair fight.
Keep it up dude  :jp: 
Back to top Go down
https://s1344.photobucket.com/user/Jeeve79/slideshow/SimRacing
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 2 May 2014 - 13:25

Mes deux courses ont été très différentes en raison de ma connection je pense.

Dans la première j'ai bagarré toute la course avec Dave, Jieffe et d'autres, que je remercie, on s'est amusé comme des fous. J'ai fait quelques erreurs vers la fin mais j'ai grapillé qq places grace à des accrochages devant-moi en toute fin de course, je termine dans le top 15 pour la première fois de la saison.

Dans la deuxième course, dès l'arrivée sur le serveur j'avais un souçi de ping sans doute... Les voitures devant-moi, disparaissaient, réapparaissaient, ou-bien faisaient du "balayage" d'un côté à l'autre de la piste... Je ne sais pas comment cela se traduisait chez-vous, mais c'était très inconfortable pour-moi...
J'ai pensé abandonner car le pilotage était très approximatif et franchement pas sympa et "dangereux" pour les autres... J'ai préféré laisser passer sans me défendre trop dans la première moitiée de la course (tu m'aurais sans doute dépassé malgré-tout Ben, tu étais plus rapide que moi  Wink ).
Je suis resté en piste me disant que cela s'arrangerait peut-être, de toutes façons je n'arrivais pas à combler l'écart avec ceux de devant. Effectivement cela s'est arrangé un peu vers la fin de la course, j'ai pu contrer le retour de Didier et Sergio qui chassaient pour me rattraper... Je termine 16ème de la course, un moindre mal...

Bravo aux podiums des deux courses  :top:  et merci HSO  :top: 

A la prochaine  Wink
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 3 May 2014 - 11:39

C'est donc pour ça que je t'avais trouvé un peu trop gentleman sur ta défense. Ce n'est que partie remise. :smil20: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]   Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Nurburgring GP [April 30th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3