Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem

Go down 
+7
Ben Paulet
Matthew Allington
Richard Coxon
Alberto Ibañez
Austin Johnson
Tiago Malafaya
Carl Larrad
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem    Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2015 - 16:14

The G25/27 pedals are perfect for a DIY project. I considered the idea of buying some 2nd hand and using the metal internals with an aluminim base, higher pedal faces and hall sensors on gas and clutch. Plus this plug and play hydraulic brake: http://www.totalspanishsimulator.com/wp/productos/mod-brake-g25g27/
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem    Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2015 - 16:17

Nice Very Happy

Indeed by virtue of its simplicity and space inside, i can see a lot that can be done with the g25/27 structure and internals, if one wants to venture into it.
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem    Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2015 - 16:24

I may have my old G25 pedals somewhere :hum:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem    Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2015 - 16:35

What makes all these pedals feel like toy and not like the real thing (Including the CSP ones) is mainly one often overlooked aspect: Pedal arm length.

Making longer pedals arms is the way to go for pedals with much better feel because the foot position and movement is then much more natural.

Here is a (badly done) example, but with cheap U-shaped aluminim that you can buy at any hardware store and even a monkey could drill easily, you can make really nice extensions:

Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 IMG017
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem    Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2015 - 19:37

Pay close atention how the moderator of virtualR attacks me with the best troll style around, because obviously i am "trolling" a nice product that their partners sell, and use their site to basically advertise. Rolling Eyes

It reminds me the talk me, Jason and others had on teamspeaker about how they just post about things that are near the money.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem    Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2015 - 20:04

TBH you have been trolling around a fair share  lol!
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem    Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2015 - 20:41

I have been trying to get the point across, but it's kinda hard when people either:

a) assume i can't afford it just because i complain

b) get offended because i call it a toy

c) assume that anything "quality" must be expensive, when the degree of what's expensive can vary greatly

But i already gave up pig
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem    Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2015 - 21:48

But i feel i must justify myself here a bit.

The reason this seems such a sensitive issue for me (besides i actually valuing the money i gain) is because i believe this "price race" locks out a lot of people that otherwise could be enjoying this hobby with us.

When i was modding for F1C, in the later years, basically everybody had abandoned it. Yet, some people were still there in the foruns, asking for our mods, and for the updates, new seasons, etc. I asked some of them why they wouldn't move up to rfactor. Some said that it was because many F1 mods didnt exist in rFactor. But many replied something that wasn't that clear for me at the time, that they just couldn't afford a computer able to run something more modern, or the controlers to drive the more hardcore rFactor stuff (hardcore because many modders just hard code NO AIDS into their mods Rolling Eyes ). We are talking about people of all ages, and lot's of young people with PCs made with assembled parts that they could gather. They are one the reasons why i actually kept on going launching mods for that game until so late.

So yes, i get a bit fired up when people are there bragging about what they can buy and afford (the moderator even bragged about his iphone for crying out loud) and just tell people (me in this case) to "work harder", or that not everybody should be able to afford the "Pagani" of racing wheels (seriously Mr Fanatech, that's cheesy advertisement at it's best).  Besides ,the hipocrisy is incredible, because everytime an affordable wheel was reviewed there, all the comments were about "plastic", "toy" just because it doesn't cost multiple minimum wages of some countries, and this actually creates the idea in everybody that nobody wants cheaper alternatives, just because these "hardcore simmers" are so vocal.

I typed so much i made myself fall asleep  Sleep
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem    Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2015 - 22:31

The only good wheel within the "affordable" wheel range is the DFGT, although it lacks a proper shifter+clutch pedal and the shifter paddles are terrible. I don't see why Logitech don't expand into such a market, especially when casual racers will have their interest boosted with the arrival of pCars and soon Assetto Corsa.

Although, I own a DFGT which has been very nice, but the lack of the shifter is a pain. Is there anywhere I can buy a shifter as an individual item?
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem    Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2015 - 23:03

What they don't get is that overpriced is related to the product, not to the capacity of one person to buy it.

For example, I wouldn't pay 300€ for pedals, because it's overpriced for me, even though I could buy 10 of them. Or I wouldn't pay 10€ for AC for the same reason.

I'm perfectly satisfied with my G27, as I was with the G25 before the pedals went crazy, but no way I'm buying the G29 or that kind of pedals. I leave that stuff for boys that want to be hardcore simracers with overpriced hardware to play on AC or pCars.
I hope my G27 will last, because I have no idea what I'd buy at a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem    Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2015 - 12:12

For a reasonable price, you can buy a second hand G27. :D
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem    Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2015 - 16:03

PC World in the UK still stock the G27 at £150.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem    Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Logitech G25/G27 Pedals Problem
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2