Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens

Go down 
+4
Frank Verplanken
Mick Chapman
Austin Johnson
Mike Becnel
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Empty
PostSubject: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014 - 14:22

Dear HSO-A loyal members (all 6 of you) and fanatical night time hard core Euros (all 3 or 4 of you):

At HSO the fields are typically always full and the standard of racing is high. We have had half of that with the HSO-A SCCA fields. Our best race was the one we ran Super Bowl Sunday at regular Euro time. That was an awesome race (and thank you Tiago for the video and blowing up so I could vulture pass you). Even then the field was a tad short. Unfortunately, half does not work at HSO.

Per my posts previously I was already looking for ways to make the racing more worth the time invested and hopefully build the core following. We think as it stands, a full season is not the way to build that core group. We think the net result will be a burnout of some current members and only marginal gains in participation. That said, we do not plan to kill off HSO-A, we plan to change it.

For now, the first action will be to close the SCCA season as it stands now. Austin was obviously the speed merchant of Sedan B but Mick and Jan take 1 and 2 in the end due mainly to their amazing 6 hour marathon runs at Road Atlanta in the IMSA race. My butt still hurts thinking about that. My bladder refuses to consider the thought and my chair is happy for it. In SCCA Sedan A I am positive Richard or Tiago would have won the season but I was not going to give up without a fight. Thank you to everyone who raced this short but fun series and season. I really enjoyed it.

Now, the season may be over but with that door closing others will open. The first plan is to have a dual open at Daytona RC with Sedan A running in race 1 and Sedan B in race 2. The open will be closer to the mid point between normal HSO Euro time and HSO-A start times. More to come. Obviously, this race will not happen on a night the HSO Euro is running. Expect the Capris to gain a lot of weight.

Later down the road I expect an open for a new mod Jason and a fleet of other HSO members are working on. Mario Andretti's car is already my screen saver so there is a hint. Other opens will also come up including the popular Group C mod, TCL, 1991 F1 and probably WS70 too since I like it and the previous flag bearer (Gui) retired.

That is all for now, stand by for news. :conduit: :flag: 

-Mike  
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014 - 15:03

Man im bummed  Neutral but thanks mike and hso for trying to put on the best races you can. I realized the capri was way to fast and planning to switch to the porsche. I hope thats not why you made the decision to stop the season, but it was great racing with you guys hope things get sorted out.
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014 - 16:18

Well, that was short and sweet!! And my first ever Championship win. I mut have competed in a hundred season in gpl between 2004/7 and got oh so closs many times....

Ok, now this is my intail impulsive response to the very sad news from Mike. The fact that we had more entrants when the race was heald earlier was very revealing, no? I know it is the Americas, but if it was regulaly scheduled at this time or aven an hour earlier again. Surely it would be a conveniant time for 95% of the possible HSO members. At the moment, I race in a gpl league run from Amreica with 14 nationalities competing. We startat 15:30 GMT, and the only person somewhat inconvenianced by this time is deom Australia, but because it is on a Saturday, and he doesn;t strike me as some one who is in a rush to go to church the next morning, the lateness causes him minimal inconveniance.

I appreciate the need to "close" the standings, but just as a trial, could we/you-admin, keep it open as a running experiment after merging it, to see how it pans out?

If it appears there is a point I have missed in reading the above post, don't waiste anytime pointing it out as, aas Isaid, this ismy intial ipulsive response.....I need to read it again more carefuly, and study previous races to give a more imformed response.

And for the record, Mr Titz did not do the 6 hour event solo...but what he did with hus butt in between stints, does not concern me Smile just for the record
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014 - 16:45

Austin Johnson wrote:
I hope thats not why you made the decision to stop the season

No, not at all Austin, don't worry Smile . It's just that with this format - weekly racing, HGT mod, sunday night - it is very unlikely that the turnout would have improved in the next events  :smil20: . As Mike said we're not abandonning the idea of American time races at all, we're just trying it another, hopefully more successful :D , way.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014 - 16:55

Mick Chapman wrote:
Well, that was short and sweet!! And my first ever Championship win. I mut have competed in a hundred season in gpl between 2004/7 and got oh so closs many times....

I'm sorry Mick but unfortunately this 'title' will not be recognized officially... The SCCA rules say the title in each class goes to the winner of the ARRC finale and it did not happen Smile. But it could be the subject of a nice HSO-A Open event indeed  :jp: . Otherwise in the case of a championship was cancelled before completion (we've had a couple before, with GPL lol) we do not award titles  :smil20: .

Mick Chapman wrote:
Ok, now this is my intail impulsive response to the very sad news from Mike. The fact that we had more entrants when the race was heald earlier was very revealing, no? I know it is the Americas, but if it was regulaly scheduled at this time or aven an hour earlier again. Surely it would be a conveniant time for 95% of the possible HSO members. At the moment, I race in a gpl league run from Amreica with 14 nationalities competing. We startat 15:30 GMT, and the only person somewhat inconvenianced by this time is deom Australia, but because it is on a Saturday, and he doesn;t strike me as some one who is in a rush to go to church the next morning, the lateness causes him minimal inconveniance.

Yes but the thing is we don't want to have a global server, but one at American time for people living in the Americas Smile.

Mick Chapman wrote:
I appreciate the need to "close" the standings, but just as a trial, could we/you-admin, keep it open as a running experiment after merging it, to see how it pans out?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here ?

Mick Chapman wrote:
And for the record, Mr Titz did not do the 6 hour event solo...but what he did with hus butt in between stints, does not concern me Smile  just for the record

Jan did Road Atlanta with Robert yes, did you spot anything on the site or forum saying otherwise ? I'd gladly correct it if you point it out to me  :hello:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014 - 17:43

Pardon me, Frank, while I clumsely reply to each point I made you have responded to....I havent got my head round multi quote, so will have to rely on copy/paste.

The title - that was tongue in cheek....being somewhat stoical if you like. Seriously though, not for a moment would I claim victory gladly even if it did stand.

Title for Americas - I understand that, but somehwat futile if it isn't resulting in Americans entering. And so what anyway, as long as many enter be they from the moon, if need be? I fully appreciate that I am missing something as to the "holistic" structure of HSO and hope this is considered in anything I say. They are merely thoughts/observations, and not hard held opinions. I am more than willing to go with the flow. And as Mike said, HSO-A in some form hasn't been completely written off.

And as for my reference to the IMSA 6 hour event, I did spot something in the forum stating other wise.....

"but Mick and Jan take 1 and 2 in the end due mainly to their amazing 6 hour marathon runs at Road Atlanta in the IMSA race" ....from Mike's post above....

Again, I am just being "tounge in cheek" or pedantic....I meant it as trivially as the leaves blowing in the wind.

The more I post, the more I am realising I need to be more clear when I am joking and being serious, as I am sure it only results in waisted time for admins and others responding.....My appologies.

Anyway, I trust in the knowledge that the powers that be will do what is best <<<
Thanks for response
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014 - 17:47

BTW, what are the Americans doing all day that they cant race after Lunch? going to church again?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014 - 19:21

They spend the whole day making love. Then at evening they go back home with their wives  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014 - 20:06

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
They spend the whole day making love. Then at evening they go back home with their wives  Cool 
 lol! Just looking at your comment does that make Mike a Quaker ...  lol! 

Its a shame i enjoyed my time on the HSO-A Scene  Wink 
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014 - 20:28

Hey the only church i go to is the church of nascar every sunday  Cool and alberto your correct  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014 - 23:06

Good Answer  :clap: Praise the Lord  :D 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeWed 19 Feb 2014 - 0:33

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

OK, somebody broke the 1st and 2nd Fight Club rules dangit! Admit it now and you only get  HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens 1623587389 twice. If you get caught before admitting it you get  HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens 1623587389 until you can't walk strait.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeWed 19 Feb 2014 - 1:09

Sorry to hear, But I understand your decision, I look forward to the F1 1991 open, Williams please  :hihi: 

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeSat 22 Feb 2014 - 4:16

Richard Coxon wrote:
Sorry to hear, But I understand your decision, I look forward to the F1 1991 open, Williams please  :hihi: 

lol! :D geek :clap: lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Ohhh HELL no

:papy: :papy: :papy:  Lambo  :papy: :papy: :papy: 

Razz 
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeSat 22 Feb 2014 - 22:01

I have a contract with Leyton House  :regl:  So I'm stuck there, So no Lambo  :langue:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2014 - 0:32

Richard Coxon wrote:
I have a contract with Leyton House  :regl:  So I'm stuck there, So no Lambo  :langue:

Admin court of law says otherwise  :antoine: 

Lambo +50 kilos? Shall we continue the negotiations  Question Twisted Evil 

Wink 
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2014 - 3:39

Hmmm, I shall hire Alberto to fight my corner when he returns from his trip, He knows a thing or two  :D 

But I offer a counter offer, The Minardi and a packet of Hot Links  :yaa: 
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeMon 10 Mar 2014 - 19:36

The series was fun while it lasted -- and I do mean that, because it gave me my first HSO podium  Very Happy  And not a gimme either; a very good 15-car field at Riverside.  Good times  :frank:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar 2014 - 13:00

We'll sure have more fun with this series, and this announcement by Mike sounds promising:

Quote :
The first plan is to have a dual open at Daytona RC with Sedan A running in race 1 and Sedan B in race 2. The open will be closer to the mid point between normal HSO Euro time and HSO-A start times.

Any ideas when it will happen approximately, or not scheduled yet?  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar 2014 - 18:19

Not scheduled yet...and I am tossing about a WS70 race 1st.

Perhaps in about 2 weeks. Nothing for sure yet though.

We're in discussion...sorry for the long delay.

My excuse is I just had an out patient back surgery and have a follow up in a few weeks (2nd round). I'll be a happier camper then!  :aie: 
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar 2014 - 18:23

Shoot. I hope you are feeling okay  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar 2014 - 19:01

Jason White wrote:
Shoot. I hope you are feeling okay  Neutral 

Much better already...but next up is the torture known by doctors as physical therapy.  drunken 
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar 2014 - 19:55

Worst part of it is you can't run away from the missus, and she keeps talking and talking and talking and talking and ...  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar 2014 - 19:56

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Worst part of it is you can't run away from the missus, and she keeps talking and talking and talking and talking and ...  Neutral 

Can't live with her can't live without her  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar 2014 - 20:42

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

"It is time to go" followed by < Wife grabs G27 wheel and yanks > tends to suck in the Chicane.  Evil or Very Mad 

I'll take NAG NAG NAG all day long ahead of that. If I had wrecked someone out of the race other than myself I would have gone mental on her.  :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens   HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HSO-A chapter 11 bankruptcy and rearrangement to Opens
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next