1987 New Zealand Touring Car ChampionshipTouring Car Legends mod
We will use the Touring Car Legends 1.10
mod for rFactor.
You will need our BMW 635 fix
made by Alberto Ibanez
You will also need the sound pack
to get all the engine sounds.
Engines sounds can be greatly improved by using this additional sound patch
made by Guillaume Siebert from the Touring Masters version of the mod by the RaceDepartment.Car Selection
The field of 40 entries is featuring 8 different models of cars, each model having 5 available entries :
- 5.0 Ford Mustang GT
- 5.0 Holden Commodore VK
- 3.6 Rover Vitesse SD-1
- 3.5 BMW 635 CSi
- 3.0* Toyota Supra 3.0i MA70
- 2.2* Volvo 240 Turbo
- 1.6* Ford Escort RS Turbo
- 1.6 Toyota Corolla Levin (250 HP Special TRD engine upgrade)
For once, cars are not split into different classes but all belong to the same class.
Car selection is free.
Once a driver took a start in a car he must stick to it for the rest of the series. Changing of cars during the course of the championship will be tolerated under exceptional circumstances only.
If a driver should be absent at a given race, his car will not be made available for another driver for this particular race.
Thanks for booking your car in the dedicated thread.Races
- the championship will be run over six race meetings held on three consecutive Wednesdays (two meetings per Wednesday).
- each meeting will feature three 10 minutes sprints, which makes for 6 sprints per Wednesday and a total of 18 for the season.
- the starting grid for every sprint will be determined by a one-lap qualifying shootout held immediately before each sprint. The shootout, which will be held in "private session" as per rFactor's rules, will consist in a 5 minutes session during which each driver is allowed to make only one flying lap
- each of the 18 sprints will consist in a timed 10-minutes race.Event Schedule
All meetings will be held on Wednesday nights (all times given as CET).
20:00 - Free Practice (track 1)
21:00 - Qualifying Shootout 1A
21:05 - Start Sprint 1A
21:20 - Qualifying Shootout 1B
21:25 - Start Sprint 1B
21:40 - Qualifying Shootout 1C
21:45 - Start Sprint 1C
22:00 - Free Practice (track 2)
22:15 - Qualifying Shootout 2A
22:20 - Start Sprint 2A
22:35 - Qualifying Shootout 2B
22:40 - Start Sprint 2B
22:55 - Qualifying Shootout 2C
23:00 - Start Sprint 2C
Race server password : hso87
The start of all the races will be given standing on the grid, with no formation lap preceding it
A training server running on the next scheduled track will be online permanently. Password : hso87Championship
There will be one drivers' championship.
Points will be awarded to the first 10 overall finishers of each sprint as follow : 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
All results will count at the end of the season (no dropped scores). Drivers with the same total of points in the final standings will be split by the quality of their race finishing positions.
There will be no Manufacturers’ or Teams’ Championships.Behaviour on track
A few behaviour rules :
- as for all HSO races, it is required you use your real name both in-game and on the forum. Thank you.
- Chatting is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN
in race session. It is allowed in qualifying sessions for technical issues only.
- Drive Through : If a driver has to do a drive through, even if there is no pit lane speed limit, he has to drive through the pitlane at 100km/h max (60mph). If he doesn't respect this, he will get a 30s penalty at the end of the race.
- Shortcuts : If a driver gains a position after shortcutting a turn, he is required to give it back as soon as possible. In the case where a driver would not do it rapidly, a 30-second penalty will be added to his total race time. In the event of abusive and intentional shortcutting, severe sanctions will be applied (up to definitive a ban from the league). To make sure you never shortcut a turn, try to always keep two wheels on the track.Application and Interpretation of the Regulations
The admins alone are qualified to solve any problems raised by the application and the interpretation of the present regulations.