Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Americas HSO

Go down 
+6
Martin Audran
Ben Paulet
Alberto Ibañez
Jason White
Richard Coxon
Mike Becnel
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeSat 26 Oct 2013 - 23:06

Just a bit of a teaser...

How much interest would there be for an Americas HSO season running on Sunday evenings similar to the times the races run in France? For example, 7PM EST starts or thereabout?

Level of interest and number of participants will be what determines if it lives or dies.

First series will likely be 1974 HGT V 1.95 based. Details are not even close to set. Just tossing out a teaser...

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 1:09

FYI - this is not a "new" organisation, just a 3rd race slot for HSO with start times on Sunday nights. Tentative practice starts will be at 7PM EST. First open tentatively on December 1st. Full announcement is in the works. I'm getting trained now on the proper way to act HSO French with an American accent. :D 

The goal is to build interest in HSO in the Americas (North Central and South).

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 1:55

Could us English join in if we ever found ourselves up at silly o'clock? :aie: 
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 2:21

I took many years of French in school but most of it slipped through my fingers :smil20:  Seriously, I am 100% behind the Americas HSO idea. This will be a welcome addition to an already world class organization :biggrin:

Last edited by Jason White on Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 2:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 2:36

Richard Coxon wrote:
Yes, of course! Running in both races will be allowed when 2 happen on same day (non enduro days).

NoDoz sponsorship highly recommended! What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 2:39

Apart from 1974 HGT V 1.95, what other series will we use?
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 3:05

That is only the 1st series. More to be announced. Franky/Martin/Ben are working out the details. I just wash the dishes and shoot dinner. Usually not in that order. :cowboy2: 
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 3:12

Mike Becnel wrote:
I just wash the dishes and shoot dinner. Usually not in that order. :cowboy2: 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 3:21

Not familiar with that mod. Dukes of Hazard Moonshine Express Historic Backwoods GT ver double 00 math?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 11:51

Mike Becnel wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:
Yes, of course! Running in both races will be allowed when 2 happen on same day (non enduro days).

NoDoz sponsorship highly recommended! What a Face 
Yes What a Face  I will be pulling this face when asking the Mrs if I can do the odd 1-2am race, After asking and racing face will look like this :aie: :urgence: 
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 13:20

Unfortunately that time is even later here in the EU than ordinary races, so for me it's a no go Sad 

I would be all for earlier races on sunday/saturday (Starting somewhen between 15 and 18 PM local time) but the later the races, the worse for me. I already have had problems of falling asleep during races :doh: in the current time, so I guess I would be unable to race at 1AM pig 

It's a pity, as I like a lot racing with you guys, and in any case I hope you will still taking part in the EU time races. Good luck with the idea :cowboy: 
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 14:22

Mike, if you need any special graphics or posters for Americas HSO, I am at your disposal.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 15:13

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Unfortunately that time is even later here in the EU than ordinary races, so for me it's a no go Sad 

I would be all for earlier races on sunday/saturday (Starting somewhen between 15 and 18 PM local time) but the later the races, the worse for me. I already have had problems of falling asleep during races :doh: in the current time, so I guess I would be unable to race at 1AM pig 

It's a pity, as I like a lot racing with you guys, and in any case I hope you will still taking part in the EU time races. Good luck with the idea :cowboy: 
No pity! I will definitely still be running in the normal HSO Sunday races. HSO Americas will not mirror every series run at normal times at least not at first. It may eventually but I expect to be slightly lighter than HSO Europe's schedule. I personally cannot do every weekend. There will be more than one admin...Mr. Jason White will be my backup.

The underlying goal of this new series is to further bolster the main HSO ranks and stuff the fields full.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 15:24

Mike Becnel wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:

No pity! I will definitely still be running in the normal HSO Sunday races. HSO Americas will not mirror every series run at normal times at least not at first. It may eventually but I expect to be slightly lighter than HSO Europe's schedule. I personally cannot do every weekend. There will be more than one admin...Mr. Jason White will be my backup.

The underlying goal of this new series is to further bolster the main HSO ranks and stuff the fields full.
Sounds great HSO breaking into America, Get an advert in the New York Times! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 15:38

Richard Coxon wrote:

Sounds great HSO breaking into America, Get an advert in the New York Times! lol! 
That might not fit the HSO budget but I'll check lol! 
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:11

Mike Becnel wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:

That might not fit the HSO budget but I'll check lol! 
I think we want to be careful what kind of talent we attract as well; make sure those who are new to HSO realize this is not Grand Theft Auto.  This is where the serious sim racers with a taste for nostalgia come to play Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 17:10

Jason White wrote:

I think we want to be careful what kind of talent we attract as well; make sure those who are new to HSO realize this is not Grand Theft Auto.  This is where the serious sim racers with a taste for nostalgia come to play Smile
Frank and Martin will keep a finger on the kick/ban red button too.:D 
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 17:15

Ben Paulet wrote:
Frank and Martin will keep a finger on the kick/ban red button too.:D 
:jp: 
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 18:28

"Squirrels" will be shot on site and race announcements will clearly state "stupid" does not fit well in HSO.
Back to top Go down
Jim Carvalho
Club Driver
Jim Carvalho

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-08-11

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 18:36

As a 'Murikan on the West coast, I'd love to see it. I may not be able to consistently attend Sunday "nights" (7:00 PM EST is dinner time here) however. Would Tuesdays work well? Thanks for getting this organized. :top: 
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 20:38

Doesn't sound very bad.... for me :D 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013 - 22:57

Jim Carvalho wrote:
As a 'Murikan on the West coast, I'd love to see it. I may not be able to consistently attend Sunday "nights" (7:00 PM EST is dinner time here) however. Would Tuesdays work well? Thanks for getting this organized. :top: 
For now Sunday is it. I cannot commit to any weeknights. I play Vice President of Manufacturing during daylights hours. And "dead on my ass person" on weekends. As the admin staff expands weeknight racing may be a possibility. We'll start with Sundays and build on that.

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Doesn't sound very bad.... for me :D
Please lap me politely :D
Back to top Go down
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeThu 31 Oct 2013 - 0:33

A Americas league with appropriate racing times for those continents? that would be great. Very Happy 
I have been absent here on HSO for most part of the year due to the racing time that the European league uses. it's still day here when these guys are racing and there is too much to do other than sim racing at those hours. Laughing 
A Americas league would allow me to race, but of course which kind of series you guys would be running would play a important factor on if i would be racing or not.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeThu 31 Oct 2013 - 1:17

Diego Dário wrote:
A Americas league with appropriate racing times for those continents? that would be great. Very Happy 
I have been absent here on HSO for most part of the year due to the racing time that the European league uses. it's still day here when these guys are racing and there is too much to do other than sim racing at those hours. Laughing 
A Americas league would allow me to race, but of course which kind of series you guys would be running would play a important factor on if i would be racing or not.
At least at first the HSO Americas series will be the same as the Sunday HSO series. Normal HSO runs at their time then later the HSOA race will start. Tentatively practice/qualifying will open at 6PM CST. Races at around 7PM CST.
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitimeThu 31 Oct 2013 - 14:33

Is CST the same as GMT+6?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Americas HSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americas HSO   Americas HSO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Americas HSO
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next