Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation


 
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Mod idea

Go down 
+11
Steve Parker
Jukka Närhi
Diego Dário
Alberto Ibañez
Alessio Campigotto
finally gone :)
Seb
Antoine de Mautor
Guillaume Siebert
Frank Verplanken
Jason White
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez


Number of posts : 16788
Age : 119
Location : International Simracing Organisation
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:32

You mean porting a finished 3D model to rfactor? I think there was a nice FAQ in the Pits, and in their forum there is lot of good stuff buried, as well as at Nogrip. Also, much of what has been written about that for GTR2, Race07 and GTL will work for rFactor.

_________________
Mod idea - Page 2 Ik0uEqBjC0LKiLMueGfA
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert


Number of posts : 13819
Age : 36
Location : Paris, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:32

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
I didn't know that you could model Jason, that's great you are a full artist!!! Smile

Regarding the "broken" yellow flags and such in rfactor that Guillaume mentioned, I have done offline CART races with yellow flags and all worked correctly :smil20: I think the only problem is apparently that the number of laps under yellow is fixed and not random, but that is no real issue for me -it might have influence in strategy, but since we race alone and don't have a crew working out the strategy for us, it is in fact better!


Problem is that the game gives random penalties for cars going too slow and not being at the correct position.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White


Number of posts : 14725
Age : 45
Location : Ferndale, MI USA
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:34

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
I didn't know that you could model Jason, that's great you are a full artist!!! Smile

Regarding the "broken" yellow flags and such in rfactor that Guillaume mentioned, I have done offline CART races with yellow flags and all worked correctly :smil20: I think the only problem is apparently that the number of laps under yellow is fixed and not random, but that is no real issue for me -it might have influence in strategy, but since we race alone and don't have a crew working out the strategy for us, it is in fact better!


Problem is that the game gives random penalties for cars going too slow and not being at the correct position.

I have seen that before, but i don't think it happens on all tracks.

_________________
Mod idea - Page 2 Ik0uEqBjC0LKiLMueGfA
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto


Number of posts : 1249
Age : 25
Location : UK
Registration date : 2011-12-29

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:35

Is there an option within the track folder where you can modify key elements to the circuit, such as minimum speed?
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor


Number of posts : 3617
Age : 34
Location : Nantes, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:37

yeah of course

_________________
Mod idea - Page 2 Signature%20Antoine
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert


Number of posts : 13819
Age : 36
Location : Paris, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:38

Not the minimum speed during cautions no.
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor


Number of posts : 3617
Age : 34
Location : Nantes, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:38

oh I thought pit lane speed limit Embarassed

_________________
Mod idea - Page 2 Signature%20Antoine
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken


Number of posts : 12957
Age : 47
Location : Nice, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:40

The automated handling of the yellows by rFactor is just too unreliable to be trusted for some serious online oval racing. Best proof is that if it was working properly there would be tons of rFactor oval racing leagues. Still, running a 1973 season could be handled easily at HSO, it would take two or three non-racing admins (or official marshalls) at each race that's all Smile .

_________________
Thou shalt not train.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index Online
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário


Number of posts : 271
Age : 33
Location : Brazil
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:46

This project sounds like a wonderful idea to me Jason. one of the few things missing on rFactor 1 is a indy mod of the 70's and/or 80's.i have raced on other leagues using the CART 1998 mod and besides 1 or 2 track bugs,it all went fine. in fact some of the very best online races i had was on oval circuits. :D
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert


Number of posts : 13819
Age : 36
Location : Paris, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:46

Well I just had a quick look at the servers list, and there actually are tons of oval leagues (just check the number of servers running the VHR Sprint Cup, Nationwide or Trucks mod). Maybe they got it working ?
Back to top Go down
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário


Number of posts : 271
Age : 33
Location : Brazil
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:49

Frank Verplanken wrote:
The automated handling of the yellows by rFactor is just too unreliable to be trusted for some serious online oval racing. Best proof is that if it was working properly there would be tons of rFactor oval racing leagues. Still, running a 1973 season could be handled easily at HSO, it would take two or three non-racing admins (or official marshalls) at each race that's all Smile .

That was just what i was thinking about. a safety car controlled by a real player is one of the solutions. if i'm not wrong too,a server admin can give or retire a yellow flag with a server command, no?
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert


Number of posts : 13819
Age : 36
Location : Paris, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:50

Diego Dário wrote:
Frank Verplanken wrote:
The automated handling of the yellows by rFactor is just too unreliable to be trusted for some serious online oval racing. Best proof is that if it was working properly there would be tons of rFactor oval racing leagues. Still, running a 1973 season could be handled easily at HSO, it would take two or three non-racing admins (or official marshalls) at each race that's all Smile .

That was just what i was thinking about. a safety car controlled by a real player is one of the solutions. if i'm not wrong too,a server admin can trow or retire a yellow flag with a server command, no?

Yes, but he can't prevent the game from giving penalties or cancel them.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken


Number of posts : 12957
Age : 47
Location : Nice, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:51

Hmm yeah lots of VHR but no Indycar at all. It was a major issue when rFactor came out so I think the World (and us ^^) would have heard it if somebody had solved the problem ?

_________________
Thou shalt not train.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index Online
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto


Number of posts : 1249
Age : 25
Location : UK
Registration date : 2011-12-29

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:52

At Race2Play, they run a weekly oval series. Maybe send the organizers of R2P an email and see how they do it?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez


Number of posts : 16788
Age : 119
Location : International Simracing Organisation
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:53

That's what I meant Guillaume, The Pits has been hammering at rFactor for a long time and has a reputedly good working NASCAR mod. Also, in the worst case it's a matter of disabling penalties and let the admins do that after the race. Actually, that is what we do in 99% of our races, where "black only" is the rule :smil20:

No matter if it's this mice project by Jason or another existing mod, I think it would be worth investigating a bit if there is a way to get that working in rFactor. There are tons of nice opens/championships that could be done with american racing history (Not just ovals, most racing in the US has always had flying starts and caution laps)


_________________
Mod idea - Page 2 Ik0uEqBjC0LKiLMueGfA
Back to top Go down
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário


Number of posts : 271
Age : 33
Location : Brazil
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:56

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Diego Dário wrote:
Frank Verplanken wrote:
The automated handling of the yellows by rFactor is just too unreliable to be trusted for some serious online oval racing. Best proof is that if it was working properly there would be tons of rFactor oval racing leagues. Still, running a 1973 season could be handled easily at HSO, it would take two or three non-racing admins (or official marshalls) at each race that's all Smile .

That was just what i was thinking about. a safety car controlled by a real player is one of the solutions. if i'm not wrong too,a server admin can trow or retire a yellow flag with a server command, no?

Yes, but he can't prevent the game from giving penalties or cancel them.

Are you sure about the cancel Guillaume? i'm sure that in the CART 98 league i raced the server admin removed some wrong penalties that i and other players got.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken


Number of posts : 12957
Age : 47
Location : Nice, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:57

We shouls do a 1915 AAA Indycar mod that would save us the problems of the yellow flags in rFactor :D :papy:

_________________
Thou shalt not train.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index Online
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert


Number of posts : 13819
Age : 36
Location : Paris, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:59

Diego Dário wrote:
Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Diego Dário wrote:
Frank Verplanken wrote:
The automated handling of the yellows by rFactor is just too unreliable to be trusted for some serious online oval racing. Best proof is that if it was working properly there would be tons of rFactor oval racing leagues. Still, running a 1973 season could be handled easily at HSO, it would take two or three non-racing admins (or official marshalls) at each race that's all Smile .

That was just what i was thinking about. a safety car controlled by a real player is one of the solutions. if i'm not wrong too,a server admin can trow or retire a yellow flag with a server command, no?

Yes, but he can't prevent the game from giving penalties or cancel them.

Are you sure about the cancel Guillaume? i'm sure that in the CART 98 league i raced the server admin removed some wrong penalties that i and other players got.

My bad you're right. Smile

ps : that was my 8001st post. :spy:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez


Number of posts : 16788
Age : 119
Location : International Simracing Organisation
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:00

Quote :
We shouls do a 1915 AAA Indycar mod that would save us the problems of the yellow flags in rFactor :D :papy:

Actually there is another traditional american competition we can do without flag rules: Demolition Derby :D
Back to top Go down
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário


Number of posts : 271
Age : 33
Location : Brazil
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:01

Frank Verplanken wrote:
We shouls do a 1915 AAA Indycar mod that would save us the problems of the yellow flags in rFactor :D :papy:

But then we won't have any accurate tracks to race with. lol! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken


Number of posts : 12957
Age : 47
Location : Nice, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:03

Yes we already have Indy and Milwaukee :p . Oval tracks are easy to do for JP, I'm sure he can do 5 a week if he puts his mind into it :D .

_________________
Thou shalt not train.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index Online
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White


Number of posts : 14725
Age : 45
Location : Ferndale, MI USA
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:03

Diego Dário wrote:
This project sounds like a wonderful idea to me Jason. one of the few things missing on rFactor 1 is a indy mod of the 70's a

That's exactly why I thought of it; I was asking myself, "what can I add that no one else is?"

_________________
Mod idea - Page 2 Ik0uEqBjC0LKiLMueGfA
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi


Number of posts : 1811
Age : 36
Location : Finland
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:04

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
We shouls do a 1915 AAA Indycar mod that would save us the problems of the yellow flags in rFactor :D :papy:

Actually there is another traditional american competition we can do without flag rules: Demolition Derby :D
We do that on most nights already :D
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White


Number of posts : 14725
Age : 45
Location : Ferndale, MI USA
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:05

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Yes we already have Indy and Milwaukee :p . Oval tracks are easy to do for JP, I'm sure he can do 5 a week if he puts his mind into it :D .

I'm a pretty fast modeler too. Give me a week or so, a few hours a day, and I can have a complete car model with rads and fillets. I love this stuff.

_________________
Mod idea - Page 2 Ik0uEqBjC0LKiLMueGfA
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker


Number of posts : 2000
Age : 63
Location : England uk
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:08

Jason White wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a good text resource for modeling cars for rFactor? I have much to learn about the minutiae of this process.


Have look round here
http://www.thepits.us/board/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=e3b89ba3dd38a03eab38eae3e9a54cf1

_________________


Mod idea - Page 2 16
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Mod idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea   Mod idea - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Mod idea
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» An Idea ;)
» an idea for HSO GTP Championship
» Small idea - CART 1988 Management game

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Mods-
Jump to: