Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any chance for GPL 65 open race?

Go down 
+2
Jukka Närhi
Karel Marciniszyn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Empty
PostSubject: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011 - 20:14

Hi...after long tim eI came back to GPL...and I can say that old love is never dies Smile I know that there will be GP67 season next year (or at least I hope Smile )but...

What do you think about an open race with GPL 65 mod? Somewhere...on Soverstone for example...what do you think? Are there enough GPL racers?
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011 - 21:08

You're so right, GPL still is a really charming game! I too hope we can get people for an online event sometime. It's sad to see so few servers online these days Sad
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011 - 21:46

GPL, yeah :top:

Although, 65 mod maybe not... :hum:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011 - 9:43

I lack enough level and affinity with those cars (I like to drive smooth and not slide) but anyway I suppose that many will have the same problem as me: GPL will not run well on my NVidia videocard, I get cut screen and it is impossible o drive Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011 - 11:07

quand vous voulez Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:21

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
I lack enough level and affinity with those cars (I like to drive smooth and not slide) but anyway I suppose that many will have the same problem as me: GPL will not run well on my NVidia videocard, I get cut screen and it is impossible o drive Crying or Very sad
Now that sounds weird scratch Have you checked this yet? http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=3714
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:41

Very useful Jukka, will try and report :hum:
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011 - 16:12

I hope you'll get it sorted cheers
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 9:08

Any luck, Alberto?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 9:36

Not yet tried mate, I am suffering a heavy cold with mild fever and the only simracing time I have spent in the last two days has been practicing a bit with the F1 1979 to see my lap times.

But today I'm feeling much better and I hope I will be able to install GPL and give it a try Any chance for GPL 65 open race? 652294
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 10:28

Jukka,

just got it up and running many thanks cheers looks wonderful with the higher res and all stuff created by modders Shocked

The only issue I still have is the sound, as all engines now sound awful, as if high pitched. I tried changing screen res but no luck. It appeared after installing the latest rasterizers for Open GL, will try to see if it works with others.
Back to top Go down
Abat Hernaez
Experienced Driver
Abat Hernaez

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 11:15

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Jukka,

just got it up and running many thanks cheers looks wonderful with the higher res and all stuff created by modders Shocked

The only issue I still have is the sound, as all engines now sound awful, as if high pitched. I tried changing screen res but no luck. It appeared after installing the latest rasterizers for Open GL, will try to see if it works with others.

Aargh, i have the same issue with the sounds, it makes it unplayable for me. I tried everything (disable sound acceleration etc..) but to no avail. Most interested in the results of your test.

It´s a pity, i would have signed in the GPL championship you were racing back then (cancelled afterwards) if not for the sound distortion. It´s still a very special sim for me and would like to be able to run it.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 12:34

Yeah, it's a big deal breaker Evil or Very Mad

I have found some hints at experimenting with the frequency in an .ini file, might give some results as probably it's all a matter of adapting the pitch to the modern fast computers. Until 5000 rpm it sounds OK, but when the high-revs noise kicks in, it's a disaster. Meanwhile you can use the Brabham, which has redline at 9000 rpm and as such doesn't make such a horrible pitch as f.e. the Honda, which goes up to 12000 Any chance for GPL 65 open race? 18590
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 12:57

I just found a partial and dirty solution Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Open app.ini and change this number in the relevant line:

[ Engine ]
sampleRPM = 5200.000000 ; recorded sample RPM

The sample tell the engine how much to pitch the sound from there, so it will start distorting a lot because modern hardware seem to do an acceleration with much more pitch.

You need to test which value is OK for your car and computer, f.e. in my PC the Honda will not distort anymore with a value of 16000 and the Brabham (Much lower redline) with around 12-13000

It's not great, but it will help you avoid the horrible pitched sound. Any chance for GPL 65 open race? 484331
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 13:50

Superb cheers
Back to top Go down
Abat Hernaez
Experienced Driver
Abat Hernaez

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 14:31

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
I just found a partial and dirty solution Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Open app.ini and change this number in the relevant line:

[ Engine ]
sampleRPM = 5200.000000 ; recorded sample RPM

The sample tell the engine how much to pitch the sound from there, so it will start distorting a lot because modern hardware seem to do an acceleration with much more pitch.

You need to test which value is OK for your car and computer, f.e. in my PC the Honda will not distort anymore with a value of 16000 and the Brabham (Much lower redline) with around 12-13000

It's not great, but it will help you avoid the horrible pitched sound. Any chance for GPL 65 open race? 484331

Thanks for the info :top:

I´m awaiting a new hard drive, as soon as i get it i will reinstall the whole GPL enchilada. Not very fussed about different values, i always pick a car and stick with it throught thick and thin. Can´t wait to hear the gurgling BRM engine again! :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Abat Hernaez
Experienced Driver
Abat Hernaez

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011 - 13:13

Well, after installing GPL with all the extra stuff i had three mods with the sound ok (66,69and GT67) and two with the terrible distorted sound (65 and the original gpl67). Alberto´s trick worked but having been exposed to the aforementioned perfectly working mods i simply wanted all the cars sounding good :hum:

I had been using the onboard Realtek sound card of my motherboard, and after reading some threads it was obvious the best way to get this fixed was either switching to win7 (windows xp gives tons of sound problems in gpl) or getting a cheapo sound card and praying (some report a minor improvement, others get the problem fixed, others get nothing).

I settled for the second option, ordered a 40€ sound card (ASUS Xonar DG audio), installed it...and the two faulty mods improved, but not quite :doh: ...till i installed Tifo´s compilations with adjusted sound levels for the 65 and 67 mods. Et voila, that made the trick :first: The moment i heard the BRM engine with that delicious gurgling nearly shed a tear.

Now having a fully functional GPL i can join whatever event that gets organized. This sim really ages very well, still a blast :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011 - 13:21

Abat Hernaez wrote:
Now having a fully functional GPL i can join whatever event that gets organized. This sim really ages very well, still a blast :conduit:

:top:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any chance for GPL 65 open race?   Any chance for GPL 65 open race? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any chance for GPL 65 open race?
Page 1 of 1